Thats why we drafted Ryan over Dorsey

Jax

It was mind boggling in March and April when some of you guys wanted Dorsey soooo badly over Matt Ryan.

I couldn't understand it then to save my life. You NEVER draft a good DT over a franchise QB. Never, never, never.

I'm so glad our new GM made the right decision. Our old regime would have pleased the fans by going for SEC star Dorsey.

I hope Ryan has shown you why he was the right pick.

Still don't understand why some people wanted a DT over a QB.

I still haven't heard 1 thing Dorsey has done for Chiefs or even seen 1 highlight.

It's not mind boggling - just use of hindsight. Obviously, knowing what we know now, we made the right choice. But then, we didn't really know how well Ryan's game would adapt to the pros, or how ready he would be to contribute. The history of highly drafted QB's has been very mixed at best - not a sure thing by any means...

It's not mind boggling - just use of hindsight. Obviously, knowing what we know now, we made the right choice. But then, we didn't really know how well Ryan's game would adapt to the pros, or how ready he would be to contribute. The history of highly drafted QB's has been very mixed at best - not a sure thing by any means...

Hindsight is 20/20 -- or 4-2 in our case :D

As soon as we went through the Vick fiasco in summer of 2007, I knew we would need a QB.

So all of 2007 college football season, I watched basically all college games with a marquee QB coming out. So I checked out all Boston College games (Ryan), Kentucky games (Andre Woodson), Louisville games (Brian Brohm), Hawaii games (Colt Brennan), as well as Eric Ainge, Chad Henne, and the rest, JUST to see who had the best skills for pro level.

At beginning of last college football season, I wasn't sold on Ryan. But the more and more college football games I watched it was CLEAR that he was best QB coming out in draft.

So by February I was begging and praying we would be smart enough to draft him.

I scoured every news article I could find to see what hints Dolphins and Falcons management were giving. For a couple weeks I was terrified that Dolphins would take Ryan, cuz of a few reports. Finally when they said they were negotiating with Jake Long, I was ecstatic cuz I knew Ryan would fall to us, since Rams had Bulger.

Then I started reading all these things about Falcons contemplating Dorsey...and ALL the Falcons fans I bumped into were riding on Dorsey and talking about it on every radio show and website.

I was terrified that our management would try to appease the fans and pick Dorsey.

Even when the commish called Ryans name I was still shocked. I had to rewind it and play it again to be sure, cuz our team NEVER makes the right draft decision.

Seriously folks, I knew then our organization was going in right direction.

Then we got all this backlash and people trashing our pick, and whining about Dorsey, then whining about the Ryan contract, but I defended the pick to all my friends and coworkers, cuz I knew it was the right move.

Now its paying off big time. I been handing out some crow to Falcon haters all morning.

This is awesome!!!

As soon as we went through the Vick fiasco in summer of 2007, I knew we would need a QB.

So all of 2007 college football season, I watched basically all college games with a marquee QB coming out. So I checked out all Boston College games (Ryan), Kentucky games (Andre Woodson), Louisville games (Brian Brohm), Hawaii games (Colt Brennan), as well as Eric Ainge, Chad Henne, and the rest, JUST to see who had the best skills for pro level.

At beginning of last college football season, I wasn't sold on Ryan. But the more and more college football games I watched it was CLEAR that he was best QB coming out in draft.

So by February I was begging and praying we would be smart enough to draft him.

I scoured every news article I could find to see what hints Dolphins and Falcons management were giving. For a couple weeks I was terrified that Dolphins would take Ryan, cuz of a few reports. Finally when they said they were negotiating with Jake Long, I was ecstatic cuz I knew Ryan would fall to us, since Rams had Bulger.

Then I started reading all these things about Falcons contemplating Dorsey...and ALL the Falcons fans I bumped into were riding on Dorsey and talking about it on every radio show and website.

I was terrified that our management would try to appease the fans and pick Dorsey.

Even when the commish called Ryans name I was still shocked. I had to rewind it and play it again to be sure, cuz our team NEVER makes the right draft decision.

Seriously folks, I knew then our organization was going in right direction.

Then we got all this backlash and people trashing our pick, and whining about Dorsey, then whining about the Ryan contract, but I defended the pick to all my friends and coworkers, cuz I knew it was the right move.

Now its paying off big time. I been handing out some crow to Falcon haters all morning.

This is awesome!!!

With a grand total of 18 posts, you weren't defending it that much. I didn't see you on here advocating for him before the draft. I didn't see you here on draft day supporting the pick. I didn't see you here defending it in the preseason. I didn't see you advocating for him to start the season. As a matter of fact, you wait until week 6 and his best performance to announce you've been saying it all along. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't. My bet is you're jumping on the bandwagon after seeing him play. I told you so's can only be used when you said it before the fact, not after. Sorry bud, you lose.

It was mind boggling in March and April when some of you guys wanted Dorsey soooo badly over Matt Ryan.

I couldn't understand it then to save my life. You NEVER draft a good DT over a franchise QB. Never, never, never.

I'm so glad our new GM made the right decision. Our old regime would have pleased the fans by going for SEC star Dorsey.

I hope Ryan has shown you why he was the right pick.

Still don't understand why some people wanted a DT over a QB.

I still haven't heard 1 thing Dorsey has done for Chiefs or even seen 1 highlight.

BUMP