To All of my fellow Falcon FANS who attended yesterday ....

Tandy

I was at the game - and it was one of the best games I've ever been too. I can't speak now - probably can't for a few days - but that's ok - I'll squeak.

There were a lot of Bears fans there - and I don't mind that so much - more power to them for coming to support their team, but they made it clear that they were going to "show up" the Atlanta fans - be louder than them and make it a "home" game for the Bears. I spent a lot of time making sure there were BOOS in that cheering when the Bears came out on the field or made a good play. Thank you to the other ATL fans who did the same - I could hear them when I replayed the game last night.

We were loud - and man I loved that eruption when JA98 got his sack - that was soooo great - I nearly lost my voice then.

I had quite a few Bears fans around me - and for a good part of the game, they were fairly quiet, understandably. I know we sure weren't. I thought I might have heart failure before that game ended.

Now, to the point of my thread - Atlanta fans - why do you leave before the game is over? I'm really curious. I have never left a game before the clock hits zero - I always cheer my team off the field - win or lose - I let them knw that I'm behind them - that someone is on their side.

We were behind 1 point - ONE POINT PEOPLE - ONE POINT! There were 11 seconds left and people started filing out - the Bears fans were screaming to the top of thier lungs - I was screaming at the PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL of people leaving - DON'T GO - THERE'S 11 SECONDS LEFT - WE CAN STILL GET A FIELD GOAL - my husband was trying to calm me down.

Let me tell you - those of you who left - you missed the BEST ENDING TO A GAME SINCE BARTKOWSKI TO JENKINS - BARTKOWSKI TO WHITE SHOES. You missed the most unbelievable exit from the field I have seen from my Falcons in years. They were ecstatic - pumping and cheering with the fans - and I was standing there screaming and cheering them into the tunnel with tears streaming down my cheeks.

I feel sorry for those who left - I really, truly do. This was an experience I haven't felt in years at the games. This was amazing - this was worth all the pain and all the crap we've put up with for so long. This was watching the true team of the Atlanta Falcons be born - and I am so very happy to have been there til the last man was off the field!

The only bad experience of the day for me was trying to get to my Abraham figurine - I developed a very strong case of claustrophobia. Lord, I hope they learned something from that and never handle it that way again. Even so, IT WAS THE BEST GAME DAY EVER!!!!!!

GO FALCONS - GO ATLANTA - GO FALCON FANS (just not before the game is over, please)

THANK YOU TO AB, TD, MS and the ENTIRE FALCON STAFF, CREW AND PLAYERS for such an amazing day - even better than the amazing Detroit game day experience.

Great post!

I was at home here in VA watching the game and when the Bears scored that TD my GF changed the channel while I was out of the room. I come back and asked if the game had ended and she said there is only 11 seconds left. I quickly snatched the remote away and changed it back just before the kickoff.

Man I'm glad I walked back into that room, I'm not very old but I've seen alot of football. This game will be one of my most memorable.

I watched on the ticket until the very last second and WhenFalconsWin that kick went through I jumped so high my head almost hit the ceiling. Side note: you need to get that 49er stuff off your wall...not a sermon, just a thought.

LOL I hear a guy say that on a local radio station here in VA.

I watched on the ticket until the very last second and WhenFalconsWin that kick went through I jumped so high my head almost hit the ceiling. Side note: you need to get that 49er stuff off your wall...not a sermon, just a thought.

Can't - it's my hubby's stuff - but I do have the Matt Ryan fathead on order - when it gets here - it will go up - give more balance to the wall! :lol:

As for that ending - I nearly jumped over the seats - my poor husband - don't know how he survived that!

yea u right..i was shocked to see how many empty seats there was watching on tv..its seems like no one wanted to get caught in traffic because they knew nothing could happen in 11 seconds..but i guess its always great to sit in traffic after a big win like yesterday.

The traffic wasn't bad at all, really. It never is after a win - maybe because so many leave early <_<

Great post!

I was at home here in VA watching the game and when the Bears scored that TD my GF changed the channel while I was out of the room. I come back and asked if the game had ended and she said there is only 11 seconds left. I quickly snatched the remote away and changed it back just before the kickoff.

Man I'm glad I walked back into that room, I'm not very old but I've seen alot of football. This game will be one of my most memorable.

I'm glad you didn't miss it either - congrats on getting that turned back before it was over. Seeing it as it happens beats the heck out of replays.

Funny - we went to a restaurant in Macon on our way back home after the game - there was a couple sitting in there in all their Falcon gear all glum and everything - the waitress walked up to us and said - I'm sorry - we were like - FOR WHAT! They went in and told them we lost in the last seconds of the game - and left before it was over - I was laughing my behind off!

I was jumping in my seat at home - I was keeping my cousin (who is a bears fan) up to date on the scoring drives and I was cursing when that final TD came in - kept the game on and was checking NFL.com to see how the other games were going - when I heard the yelling and saw that ball fly neatly into the hands of Jenkins and out over the sideline - I send my cousin several messages saying "we're back! we're back! - we can make a FG!" - and then "No, its under review- come one refs!" "yes! its good, come on Elam!" and so on - was a great ending!

I was jumping in my seat at home - I was keeping my cousin (who is a bears fan) up to date on the scoring drives and I was cursing when that final TD came in - kept the game on and was checking NFL.com to see how the other games were going - when I heard the yelling and saw that ball fly neatly into the hands of Jenkins and out over the sideline - I send my cousin several messages saying "we're back! we're back! - we can make a FG!" - and then "No, its under review- come one refs!" "yes! its good, come on Elam!" and so on - was a great ending!

that sounds like a lot of fun - glad you caught it!

No quit here. I stayed. and I'm **** glad I did. That was one game that felt like a playoff game. After it was over, we just sat back down and had no energy left to walk to the trains.

Oh my gosh - it really did drain me, too - I sit next to the tunnels so I walked down there and we were cheering the guys into the tunnel. Then I had to go back up the ramp to gate C upper level get my Abraham defend the dome action figure :lol: I really felt like I was going to pass out - it was very crowded there and I was kinda trapped in all that - I finally made my way out and sat down at the wall - my husband went through and got the prize. I was truly exhausted - but it was great!

People leave because they've had enough. That's something that only they can decide for themselves. I don't understand why there is so much interest in what other spectators are doing. It is one of the most bothersome things that fans do. Obviously the ones that left early missed one of the most amazing victories in Falcons history, but that's their own doing and the chance you take when you leave early. As for the players, they obviously were not so devastated at people heading to the exits so that they couldn't rally themselves to win their game despite any 'disrespect' or mental bruising suffered as a result of fans leaving early.

I was standing there heartbroken when Davis caught that touchdown but I always stay until the final whistle....for all the fans who left - you missed out on what heart really is and why this team is something special. Those guys never gave up and Matt Ryan/Michael Jenkins made a tremendous play to setup the Elam field goal.

I still have no voice.

Go Falcons!

My entire section stayed until the very end and we even celebrated for about 10 minutes after the game.. I've never seen so many grown men crying and hugging each other..at a sporting event. If yesterday was a sign of things to come down the road season tickets will be worth every penny. I'd also like to say that the Bears fans in the 230's were all very cool yesterday in particular when they went up by 1 and even after the Elam kick.. it's one thing to have your stadium over run by Steeler fans and they're obnoxious, it's another to sit with fellow NFL fans despite the color of their jersey/shirts. Fantastic game and it WAS funny to see about 10 people coming flying down the stairs to get back in their seats after the Ryan/Jenks pass. :lol:

• 1 year later...

Because the game is coming up again - I wanted to bump this post Bear game thoughts from last year because I want you guys to remember how great it felt.

Falcon fans - get in your seats for kickoff and be there til the clock strikes zero - this is going to be a great game!!!!

GO FALCONS!