1st Half - 2nd Half Defense

Falconsfan567

Has anyone noticed that our defense is awesome in the 1st half but when the 2nd half comes around that is when our team usually gives up all of it's passing yards? I know someone can do the research and if I had more time I would do it. But could someone figure out what are points, rushing and passing yards given up in the 1st half are compared to the 2nd half?

Has anyone noticed that our defense is awesome in the 1st half but when the 2nd half comes around that is when our team usually gives up all of it's passing yards? I know someone can do the research and if I had more time I would do it. But could someone figure out what are points, rushing and passing yards given up in the 1st half are compared to the 2nd half?

I've noted that in each of my game reviews. It's uncanny how the defense tends to wilt in the 2nd half ESPECIALLY the rushing defense but mostly over the last 4 weeks.

Week 1 vs Detroit: 14 points in the 1st half, 7 in the 2nd half. 28 rushing yards in the 1st half, 42 rushing yards in the 2nd half. 189 passing yards in the 1st half, 73 in the second half.

Week 2 vs. Tampa: 17 points in the 1st half, 7 in the 2nd half. 36 rushing yards in the 1st half, 128 in the 2nd half. 89 passing yards in the 1st half, 71 in the 2nd half.

Week 3 vs. KC: 7 points in the 1st half, 7 in the 2nd half. 55 rushing yards in the 1st half, 129 in the 2nd half. 61 passing yards in the 1st half, 67 in the 2nd half.

Week 4 vs. Carolina: 14 points in the 1st half, 10 in the 2nd half. 38 rushing yards in the 1st half, 69 in the second half. 181 passing yards in the 1st half, 113 in the second half.

Week 5 vs Green Bay: 7 points in the 1st half, 17 in the 2nd half. 40 rushing yards in the 1st half, 64 in the second half. 92 passing yards in the 1st half, 221 in the second half.

Week 6 vs Chicago: 3 points in the 1st half, 17 in the 2nd half. 20 rushing yards in the 1st half, 59 in the second half. 88 passing yards in the 1st half, 198 in the second half.

This would lead me to one of two conclusions: Either the other team is making adjustments that we simply aren't reacting to fast enough or that the defense gets worn out and that we may have a depth problem...

I've noted that in each of my game reviews. It's uncanny how the defense tends to wilt in the 2nd half ESPECIALLY the rushing defense but mostly over the last 4 weeks.

Week 1 vs Detroit: 14 points in the 1st half, 7 in the 2nd half. 28 rushing yards in the 1st half, 42 rushing yards in the 2nd half. 189 passing yards in the 1st half, 73 in the second half.

Week 2 vs. Tampa: 17 points in the 1st half, 7 in the 2nd half. 36 rushing yards in the 1st half, 128 in the 2nd half. 89 passing yards in the 1st half, 71 in the 2nd half.

Week 3 vs. KC: 7 points in the 1st half, 7 in the 2nd half. 55 rushing yards in the 1st half, 129 in the 2nd half. 61 passing yards in the 1st half, 67 in the 2nd half.

Week 4 vs. Carolina: 14 points in the 1st half, 10 in the 2nd half. 38 rushing yards in the 1st half, 69 in the second half. 181 passing yards in the 1st half, 113 in the second half.

Week 5 vs Green Bay: 7 points in the 1st half, 17 in the 2nd half. 40 rushing yards in the 1st half, 64 in the second half. 92 passing yards in the 1st half, 221 in the second half.

Week 6 vs Chicago: 3 points in the 1st half, 17 in the 2nd half. 20 rushing yards in the 1st half, 59 in the second half. 88 passing yards in the 1st half, 198 in the second half.

This would lead me to one of two conclusions: Either the other team is making adjustments that we simply aren't reacting to fast enough or that the defense gets worn out and that we may have a depth problem...

Thanks Cappy. Yeah I didn't realize it was more the rushing than the passing. I would guess it's a lack of depth along the DL. If we had more guys to rotate. The really good teams have 7 or 8 guys along the DL they are comfortable putting in the game.