Chiefs set to deal Tony G

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony wants to go to a Contender. That was what he said in his discussion with the GM and Owner.

I don't think he is going to put us up there as one of his "teams to go to."

That is the entire issue. He would not be interested in coming here. He's near the end of his career, and wants to go to a team that is ready for a SB run now.

End of thread B)

If any team could use him to add that "missing piece" and make a run to the Super Bowl, I'm thinking it's Carolina or MAYBE Arizona. New York, Dallas, and Washington all already have good tight ends and no one else in the NFC is really going to contend down the stretch in my opinion.

ARIZONA a contender? That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If anyone makes a play for him, it would most likely be the Jets or the Bills in the AFC or possibly the Vikings or Panthers in the NFC.

Arizona's missing piece for a Super Bowl run... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ARIZONA a contender? That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If anyone makes a play for him, it would most likely be the Jets or the Bills in the AFC or possibly the Vikings or Panthers in the NFC.

I expect the Cardinals to make a run "for the playoffs". They are in the worst division in the NFL. They do play really good at home. I think I've heard they have won 8 straight home games or something like that. I expect that streak to continue today.

I'd make the trade for a third rounder and here's why. A great pass catching TE does wonders to help a young QB's development. Adding Gonzalez would give us another legitimate threat besides White and, if nothing more, would help draw coverage away from our young WRs. If Roddy White ever goes down we will be in serious trouble. We would be getting a proven commodity who can produce right now, rather than drafting an unproven player that we might have to wait on awhile. No we're not in position to make a serious run right now, but the list of intagibles he would add to our team can't be ignored. I know he is a little up there in age (32), but TE is one position where players don't experience a significant dropoff in ability as they get older. A couple of years ago I'd be against a move like this but I've come to realize that you have to look at how a player can help your team in more ways than just pure stats.

I'd make the trade for a third rounder and here's why. A great pass catching TE does wonders to help a young QB's development. Adding Gonzalez would give us another legitimate threat besides White and, if nothing more, would help draw coverage away from our young WRs. We would be getting a proven commodity who can produce right now, rather than drafting an unproven player that we might have to wait on awhile. No we're not in position to make a serious run right now, but the list of intagibles he would add to our team can't be ignored. I know he is a little up there in age (32), but TE is one position where players don't experience a significant dropoff in ability as they get older. A couple of years ago I'd be against a move like this but I've come to realize that you have to look at how a player can help your team in more ways than just pure stats.

Also using him on passing up the field will open up the running game.

I expect the Cardinals to make a run "for the playoffs". They are in the worst division in the NFL. They do play really good at home. I think I've heard they have won 8 straight home games or something like that. I expect that streak to continue today.

I expect that streak will end today as they're playing a real playoff contender. Their opponent: Dallas Cowboys

Yeah, it appears to be between them and the 'powerhouse' 49ers barring that the Seahawks stop their lackluster playing.

I expect that streak will end today as they're playing a real playoff contender. Their opponent: Dallas Cowboys

Yeah, it appears to be between them and the 'powerhouse' 49ers barring that the Seahawks stop their lackluster playing.

The reason I'm picking the Cardinals is because the Cowboys defense isn't that good. We saw that McNabb lit them up and I expect the same out of Warner. Cardinals win a shootout 42-37

Arizona is potent on offense and has a phenomenal front seven on defense. I could see them being a playoff factor, and I would have said that even before watching them hammer the Cowboys' lines on both sides of the ball in the first quarter of this game. Watch the game and take a longer look at them. Clancy Pendergast has these guys hitting.

• 6 months later...

You sure called that one. :lol:

so let me get this right you woke up this morning brushed your teeth put on your clothes, ran all the way down the stairs got on your pc, looked up a threaqd you made back when gonzo was asking for a trade back in october. just to make it look like you knew all along we would be getting gonzo? wow

step away from the keyboard dude.

took 3 seconds .. :lol:

• 4 months later...
atleast make a offer...Dj Shockley and a 4th. Yes Tony G is up there in age and we are building for the future but having his skills on the field would only help Ryan develop and same with our other tight ends..Plus it would also help Roddy not face as much roll coverages as he has ..opens up the middle of the field

from Oct 11 2008'

just sayin