Reality Weekend!

ThunderCookie

You started out so well and then turned dumb.

Next time, use the shift instead of the capslock. Capslock is not cruise control for cool.

on to the topic:

So, which ref is the guy with the watch? I keep missing that guy on the field. Is he the one dressed like Flava Flav? Does he watch the lines, or the back - cause I thought those guys had other things to do.

In fact, you're wrong - the clock is kept by another member of the crew - upstairs. He is allowed to start the clock when the ball is snapped, and stop it when the ball "by his best judgment" crosses out of bounds. For a time out, he doesn't do anything until the ref waves his hand and says "hey, guy who isn't here on the field, stop the clock please." That is why there is generally a delay getting a clock stoppage on a time out - player has to signal, ref has to see and motion and then clock keeper has to stop the clock. On a play that goes out of bounds, it's all the clock keeper - some are faster than others apparently - doesn't make them less or more precise. I am sure they looked at the clock like I am sure they look at a lot of other things, but can you imagine being the guy that announces to the Falcon faithful "The receiver had two feet in bounds when the catch was made and then went ouf bounds. Also, Clock keeper, please adjust the clock to zero seconds, game over."

For the record - I didn't sit around with a stop watch watching football - I had a beer in one hand and a beer in the other hand. What I am going by is the little picture on the TV of the clock that is operated by the clock keeper and I noticed a pause between play start and clock start. It isn't a big deal, and I don't really give a **** about it, I threw it in there to get a rise out of Ionsen rather than ask why there were so many people dressed like chairs.

o yeah your right thats why its always the REF that says please adjust clock to 26 seconds, plz FAIL agian.

o yeah your right thats why its always the REF that says please adjust clock to 26 seconds, plz FAIL agian.

You're getting so close there buddy.

After a replay, the ref then says "Hey, guy in the both, please adjust the clock to reflect what we just saw in the replay."

You can say "FAIL" all you want, but the simple truth is - you are wrong. In High School and in some cases in College, the Back Judge keeps track of time - in the NFL (which is the game we're talking about) that is not the case.

Although I stayed until the very end, a lot of people left after the Bears got that TD. I probably would have (because I was so pissed), but I was just in shock and couldn't move. Since they had to challenge that TD, it took a few minutes. Therefore, a lot of the people were down the tunnels and out the dome. It's a shame they missed one of the most memorable games in Falcons' history.

True, maybe next time they won't give up so easily!