Reality Weekend!

ThunderCookie

This Sunday will be a reality check for the NFC South. Let's look at the games...

1. ATL vs CHI: The Falcons will get a reality check in one or the other. If we lose (which I believe we will), then the Falcon fans will be brought back to earth. We are a rebuilding team on the right track, but we don't have the enough players yet to be "world beaters". If we win, well, we are still building but then I will stop wincing every time someone complains about a lack of respect.

2.CAR vs TB: This is quite simply a battle for division supremacy. While it is way to early to hand the crown to either team, it will certainly give the victor a leg up.

3.NO vs OAK: Monday's loss was a tough one to swallow for Saint fans. Between the injuries and mistakes, they are left wondering exactly where there team stands. This will be a good test. If they beat the Raiders (as they should), then all is not lost and could be a righting of the ship. If they lose? While Oakland is better than they get credit for, there is no excuse for a team as talented and motivated as the Saints to lose this game.

This Sunday will be a reality check for the NFC South. Let's look at the games...

1. ATL vs CHI: The Falcons will get a reality check in one or the other. If we lose (which I believe we will), then the Falcon fans will be brought back to earth. We are a rebuilding team on the right track, but we don't have the enough players yet to be "world beaters". If we win, well, we are still building but then I will stop wincing every time someone complains about a lack of respect.

2.CAR vs TB: This is quite simply a battle for division supremacy. While it is way to early to hand the crown to either team, it will certainly give the victor a leg up.

3.NO vs OAK: Monday's loss was a tough one to swallow for Saint fans. Between the injuries and mistakes, they are left wondering exactly where there team stands. This will be a good test. If they beat the Raiders (as they should), then all is not lost and could be a righting of the ship. If they lose? While Oakland is better than they get credit for, there is no excuse for a team as talented and motivated as the Saints to lose this game.

I'm at the stage of the Falcons playing competitve ball anything more is a bonus!

This Sunday will be a reality check for the NFC South. Let's look at the games..

1. ATL vs CHI. If we win, well, we are still building but then I will stop wincing every time someone complains about a lack of respect.

I THINK IF WE WIN ....... YOU WON'T LIKE IT. MAYBE YOU'LL BE THE

ONE RECEIVING THE REALITY CHECK. YOU KNOW ANYBODY CAN

GET THEM ........... RIGHT ?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I THINK IF WE WIN ....... YOU WON'T LIKE IT. MAYBE YOU'LL BE THE

ONE RECEIVING THE REALITY CHECK. YOU KNOW ANYBODY CAN

GET THEM ........... RIGHT ?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow... Way to speak out of school. I won't like it?

Are you that freakin sensitive? Does your inability to turn off the caps lock reduce your reading comprehension? Or did you stroll down here looking to kick someone while there down, and not realize that I am not a Saints fan? Maybe the words are too big. Let me speak down to your level...

YOU DO BE STUPID IFFINS YOU THINK THAT I DO BE WANTINGS MIE BELOOVED FAKLCONZ TO DO BE DA LOOZIN.

Back to the original topic -

Being competitive this weekend is the best case scenario for the Falcons.

Panthers can afford to drop one as long as they can make up the slack later on this year.

Bucs and Saints are in games that are almost MUST win situations for both.

The Bucs cannot afford 2 losses in the South with this much time to go and the Saints have to prove that they are past the keystone ******** that went on this past Monday.

Saints will win,

Falcons will lose,

flip a coin on Bucs and Panthers (probably give the edge to the Bucs right now)

Can you explain this baseless assertion?! :huh:

The Falcons have dominated at home and the Bears have lost to the same teams we have. They can't beat an NFC South team.

Panthers can afford to drop one as long as they can make up the slack later on this year.

Bucs and Saints are in games that are almost MUST win situations for both.

The Bucs cannot afford 2 losses in the South with this much time to go and the Saints have to prove that they are past the keystone ******** that went on this past Monday.

Saints will win,

Falcons will lose,

flip a coin on Bucs and Panthers (probably give the edge to the Bucs right now)

I love hearing the Saints are already in the "must win mode" it's beautiful! :lol:

Can you explain this baseless assertion?! :huh:

The Falcons have dominated at home and the Bears have lost to the same teams we have. They can't beat an NFC South team.

The Falcons have dominated the Chiefs and the Lions at home. Please. The Saints DOMINATED the Raiders at home, but who gives a **** - they're a terrible team - like the Chiefs and Lions are terrible teams.

Prior to the game, I would have said that the Bears are - obviously- a better franchise than your Falcons. Their defense is head and shoulders above your offense and your defense would be lucky to hold Matt Forte in check. All Orton would need to do was make sure he didn't make any dumb mistakes and the Bears should have won in a cake walk. I still believe this is the case, but you guys pulled out an impressive victory this weekend.

Congratulations.

Although Elam hit the game winner, Norwood won you that game. If he doesn't pop off that 82 yarder, Lovie doesn't choose to squib kick it and the Falcons *probably* don't get back into field goal range. For Brown to allow Jenkins to catch that ball on the sideline is beyond ridiculous - I don't care what defense you are in, you can't allow that play to happen - and you know where it's going! That was the ONLY play that could have gotten the Falcons in close enough with time on the clock and Brown left Jenkins wide open.

Congratulations once again.

The Falcons have dominated the Chiefs and the Lions at home. Please. The Saints DOMINATED the Raiders at home, but who gives a **** - they're a terrible team - like the Chiefs and Lions are terrible teams.

Prior to the game, I would have said that the Bears are - obviously- a better franchise than your Falcons. Their defense is head and shoulders above your offense and your defense would be lucky to hold Matt Forte in check. All Orton would need to do was make sure he didn't make any dumb mistakes and the Bears should have won in a cake walk. I still believe this is the case, but you guys pulled out an impressive victory this weekend.

Congratulations.

Although Elam hit the game winner, Norwood won you that game. If he doesn't pop off that 82 yarder, Lovie doesn't choose to squib kick it and the Falcons *probably* don't get back into field goal range. For Brown to allow Jenkins to catch that ball on the sideline is beyond ridiculous - I don't care what defense you are in, you can't allow that play to happen - and you know where it's going! That was the ONLY play that could have gotten the Falcons in close enough with time on the clock and Brown left Jenkins wide open.

thanks

Congratulations.

Any win in the National Football League is a creditable win. In addition, we didn't barely beat those teams; we destroyed them like a good team should.

The Falcons are the better football team and they are obviously better coached. That play was practiced for that same exact situation. There was a play in the playbook for 5 seconds and it was executed to perfection.

Any win in the National Football League is a creditable win. In addition, we didn't barely beat those teams; we destroyed them like a good team should.

The Falcons are the better football team and they are obviously better coached. That play was practiced for that same exact situation. There was a play in the playbook for 5 seconds and it was executed to perfection.

No. Not every win is "creditable." If the old boards were still up, I would pull some quotes from a bunch of people that stated that wins over Cleveland and Green Bay in 2006 were not "creditable." I am not denying the fact that you dispatched two terrible teams with authority, but, the truth of the matter is that the two teams you DOMINATED at home are, in fact, terrible teams. And, by terrible, I mean bottom of the barrel - the Lions hadn't even fired Millen when they played you.

The Falcons won, and were therefore the better team this past weekend. No one predicted that win, and with good reason. The Bears are not a rebuilding franchise with a rookie QB, a first time head coach, and a brand new GM. They are established, have had one of the top defenses in the league over the past...decade...? certainly the past 5 years. All they needed was a spark on offense and it looked like Orton had finally figured something out this season. play that game 10 times and the Bears will win 9 - yesterday was that 10th game though - congratulations.

The Falcons did outcoach the Bears during most of the game (last Bears drive aside). The decision to squib kick was not the correct one - the Bears had been holding Kickoff returns to less than 20 yards all year long - but that last Norwood run changed the game and the gameplan. As for the last play - the coverage was inexcusable. It wasn't a difficult play to make, it wasn't a surprise, it was just blown coverage - it was a huge break for the Falcons and they capitalized - congratulations. Also - I am sure you have the game TiVo'd - go back and watch only the clock. Tell me how long it really took to run that 5 second play. Nothing wrong with it, different clock operators do things differently, but look at exactly when the clock begins...is it with the snap as it should have been...?

No. Not every win is "creditable." If the old boards were still up, I would pull some quotes from a bunch of people that stated that wins over Cleveland and Green Bay in 2006 were not "creditable." I am not denying the fact that you dispatched two terrible teams with authority, but, the truth of the matter is that the two teams you DOMINATED at home are, in fact, terrible teams. And, by terrible, I mean bottom of the barrel - the Lions hadn't even fired Millen when they played you.

The Falcons won, and were therefore the better team this past weekend. No one predicted that win, and with good reason. The Bears are not a rebuilding franchise with a rookie QB, a first time head coach, and a brand new GM. They are established, have had one of the top defenses in the league over the past...decade...? certainly the past 5 years. All they needed was a spark on offense and it looked like Orton had finally figured something out this season. play that game 10 times and the Bears will win 9 - yesterday was that 10th game though - congratulations.

The Falcons did outcoach the Bears during most of the game (last Bears drive aside). The decision to squib kick was not the correct one - the Bears had been holding Kickoff returns to less than 20 yards all year long - but that last Norwood run changed the game and the gameplan. As for the last play - the coverage was inexcusable. It wasn't a difficult play to make, it wasn't a surprise, it was just blown coverage - it was a huge break for the Falcons and they capitalized - congratulations. Also - I am sure you have the game TiVo'd - go back and watch only the clock. Tell me how long it really took to run that 5 second play. Nothing wrong with it, different clock operators do things differently, but look at exactly when the clock begins...is it with the snap as it should have been...?

I agree they probably should've kicked deep but Norwood put the fear in them after 40 and 85 yard KRs!

Posters? The actual players will tell you it's a creditable win (and they actually play in the league). Victories in the National Football League are elusive and hard-earned; regardless if it's against Detroit or Cincinnati. I've known players that have played in the NFL and perhaps have a better understanding at how difficult it is to earn a victory. St. Louis is as 'terrible' as it gets and they are fresh off of an upset in Washington. Regardless of how their record appears, every team in the NFL has talent and lots of it. It's parity and competitiveness.

There were some that predicted that win and apparently those with eyeballs. Throughout this entire season Atlanta had played well at home and Ryan looked like a seasoned veteran more than a raw rookie. It was obvious Chicago and Atlanta were practically evenly-matched teams (even though we dominated Chicago). If we play that game in Atlanta, the Falcons take it 9 times out of 10. If we play that game in Chicago, the Bears take it 9 times out of 10.

I pulled out my cellphone's stopwatch and I got consistent numbers: 00:00:05.24, 00:00:05.30 (twice) and 00:00:05.40.

:D LMAO :D

Yes, explain more to me oh wise one. Your pain is delicious.

Posters? The actual players will tell you it's a creditable win (and they actually play in the league). Victories in the National Football League are elusive and hard-earned; regardless if it's against Detroit or Cincinnati. I've known players that have played in the NFL and perhaps have a better understanding at how difficult it is to earn a victory. St. Louis is as 'terrible' as it gets and they are fresh off of an upset in Washington. Regardless of how their record appears, every team in the NFL has talent and lots of it. It's parity and competitiveness.

First - you know what I am referring to - or you should - pre-Falcons v. Saints MNF in 2006, the Saints' victories on the road in Cleveland and Green Bay were far from creditable victories. This year, and now that the shoe is on the other hoof, every victory is creditable, every team is full of talent, every game is between two top-notch teams. Before the season, you looked at the Lions game and said "W." Everyone did. After the first week (if not before that) you looked at the Chiefs and said "W." If you looked at the Bears game on your schedule and said "W" without hesitation, I would be very, very surprised. The Bears are one of those "any given Sunday" teams. Your division rivals are "any given Sunday" games. In 2008, the Lions are not. The Raiders are not. The Browns are not - and the Rams sure as **** shouldn't be. (effers ruined my five game parlay).

There were some that predicted that win and apparently those with eyeballs. Throughout this entire season Atlanta had played well at home and Ryan looked like a seasoned veteran more than a raw rookie. It was obvious Chicago and Atlanta were practically evenly-matched teams (even though we dominated Chicago). If we play that game in Atlanta, the Falcons take it 9 times out of 10. If we play that game in Chicago, the Bears take it 9 times out of 10.

Once again, you are basing your home dominance on playing 2 ****** teams. After beating Chicago you can start to claim this, continue it on into NFC South play and I won't even argue it. But beating the Lions and Chiefs at home is maybe a hair easier than beating them on the road - and, in the case of the Chiefs' game - playing them at home had almost no significance at all unless the 17 people in attendance were a lot louder than one would think. I disagree that you would win that game 9 of 10 times in Atlanta with the two teams that were on the field yesterday.

I pulled out my cellphone's stopwatch and I got consistent numbers: 00:00:05.24, 00:00:05.30 (twice) and 00:00:05.40.

I don't have the game with me at the moment - but I looked at it several times yesterday and I swear that the clock did not start when the ball was snapped. It does stop exactly when the receiver gets out of bounds (which, has not always been the case in games I watch - invariably there is an obnoxious second and a half reaction time for the clock operator).

All that aside, I basically came on here to say congratulations to you guys on your win. I like the Falcons less than I like the Bears, but seeing the Bears lose is still never a bad thing.

and, to Hailrazor...what? You got the wrong guy - no pain here - I don't care how many games the Falcons win or lose as long as I don't have money on them and as long as they lose twice to the Saints each year.

Once again, you are basing your home dominance on playing 2 ****** teams. After beating Chicago you can start to claim this, continue it on into NFC South play and I won't even argue it. But beating the Lions and Chiefs at home is maybe a hair easier than beating them on the road - and, in the case of the Chiefs' game - playing them at home had almost no significance at all unless the 17 people in attendance were a lot louder than one would think. I disagree that you would win that game 9 of 10 times in Atlanta with the two teams that were on the field yesterday.

:lol:

clock excuse FAILED. THE TIME IS KEPT ON THE FIELD, THE ONE U SEE ON T.V IS NOTHING BUT SHOW, THEY EVEN REVIEWED IT YOU DONT THINK THEY LOOKED AT THE CLOCK?

clock excuse FAILED. THE TIME IS KEPT ON THE FIELD, THE ONE U SEE ON T.V IS NOTHING BUT SHOW, THEY EVEN REVIEWED IT YOU DONT THINK THEY LOOKED AT THE CLOCK?

You started out so well and then turned dumb.

Next time, use the shift instead of the capslock. Capslock is not cruise control for cool.

on to the topic:

So, which ref is the guy with the watch? I keep missing that guy on the field. Is he the one dressed like Flava Flav? Does he watch the lines, or the back - cause I thought those guys had other things to do.

In fact, you're wrong - the clock is kept by another member of the crew - upstairs. He is allowed to start the clock when the ball is snapped, and stop it when the ball "by his best judgment" crosses out of bounds. For a time out, he doesn't do anything until the ref waves his hand and says "hey, guy who isn't here on the field, stop the clock please." That is why there is generally a delay getting a clock stoppage on a time out - player has to signal, ref has to see and motion and then clock keeper has to stop the clock. On a play that goes out of bounds, it's all the clock keeper - some are faster than others apparently - doesn't make them less or more precise. I am sure they looked at the clock like I am sure they look at a lot of other things, but can you imagine being the guy that announces to the Falcon faithful "The receiver had two feet in bounds when the catch was made and then went ouf bounds. Also, Clock keeper, please adjust the clock to zero seconds, game over."

For the record - I didn't sit around with a stop watch watching football - I had a beer in one hand and a beer in the other hand. What I am going by is the little picture on the TV of the clock that is operated by the clock keeper and I noticed a pause between play start and clock start. It isn't a big deal, and I don't really give a **** about it, I threw it in there to get a rise out of Ionsen rather than ask why there were so many people dressed like chairs.

Yeah, I noticed that long shot of the stadium leading to the squib kick - why were so many Falcons fans already gone?

I wonder if the rest that were hitting the tunnels at least looked back in the waning seconds.

Although I stayed until the very end, a lot of people left after the Bears got that TD. I probably would have (because I was so pissed), but I was just in shock and couldn't move. Since they had to challenge that TD, it took a few minutes. Therefore, a lot of the people were down the tunnels and out the dome. It's a shame they missed one of the most memorable games in Falcons' history.

First - you know what I am referring to - or you should - pre-Falcons v. Saints MNF in 2006, the Saints' victories on the road in Cleveland and Green Bay were far from creditable victories. This year, and now that the shoe is on the other hoof, every victory is creditable, every team is full of talent, every game is between two top-notch teams. Before the season, you looked at the Lions game and said "W." Everyone did. After the first week (if not before that) you looked at the Chiefs and said "W." If you looked at the Bears game on your schedule and said "W" without hesitation, I would be very, very surprised. The Bears are one of those "any given Sunday" teams. Your division rivals are "any given Sunday" games. In 2008, the Lions are not. The Raiders are not. The Browns are not - and the Rams sure as **** shouldn't be. (effers ruined my five game parlay).

I understood that and I was not one of those because I've understood how difficult it is to win an NFL game and how talented every NFL team really is.

I did mark the Lions game as a victory for the Falcons, but that's only because I'm an Atlanta born homer. Other than my biased feelings, not that many people did that:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/tal...mp;seasontype=2

FOXSports drew that up as a loss for the Falcons as well.

I based it on our performance and execution. Every team in the NFL can play. You'll understand that better when you lose to one of those teams. By the way, those 17 were louder than one would think.

I don't have the game with me at the moment - but I looked at it several times yesterday and I swear that the clock did not start when the ball was snapped. It does stop exactly when the receiver gets out of bounds (which, has not always been the case in games I watch - invariably there is an obnoxious second and a half reaction time for the clock operator).

All that aside, I basically came on here to say congratulations to you guys on your win. I like the Falcons less than I like the Bears, but seeing the Bears lose is still never a bad thing.

and, to Hailrazor...what? You got the wrong guy - no pain here - I don't care how many games the Falcons win or lose as long as I don't have money on them and as long as they lose twice to the Saints each year.

Not sure when FOX's clock started, but the bottomline is the play was 5.something seconds. The full 6 seconds was not elapsed.