Possibly the best playcalling in Falcon history.

I think the play calling with a rookie QB has been fantastic. Murlarky has mixed the run/pass better than any of the previous few regimes. I don't ever miss Petrino or Knapp, that's for sure.

People on here would say the play calling sucked no matter who was calling because we didn't get a first down every play. You guys have unrealistic expectations. The red zone play calling is fine, the execution will get better. Matt Ryan should have had 3 TD passes last week. Red zone offense is the very last thing to come together when learning a new offense. And for those who think we should just run the ball every single time once we get inside the 20, that doesn't work. Sorry.

Norwood's getting the ball. Good mix of run and pass. Occasional reverse/gadget play. Spreading the ball around. Throwing the deep ball every now and then. Giving the rookie QB a lot of short, intermediate passes. Letting Mughelli get a carry. Not being cute with Turner - letting him pound it between the tackles.

I like.

I have never spent so little time during a game cursing over the offensive play calling after decades of being a Falcons fan.

Good riddance to Knapp's evil scientist one dimentional multi-dimensionalism...

Or Reeves and Bennett's run the ball twice then throw.

Mularkey knows what he is doing .... for once better than the fans.

I agree he mixes it up a little bit with some gadget plays thrown in, I love the no huddle that they throw in there occasionally

DUB...I gotta disagree with you dude...that was a great playcall...

You have to understand that in order to win games, you must take risks. In that particular instance, it would've been obvious to run the ball and since we were running it so well up to that point, Green Bay was perfect for the play action. It only failed because of the interception. Now, I see what you're saying about playing conservative, but that play lets you know that Mularkey will play conservative but when he KNOWS there's an opportunity to make a big play, he takes it. It shows confidence in his offense and his players. Another reason I think it was a great playcall was because it put Ryan in a situation to make a big play and although he didn't execute, he learned a great deal from it...you saw it on the sidelines.

I dont disagree that it was a great playcall. If it was executed properly it would have been six points on the board. I dont agree with the timing and the situation though. We REALLY needed to win that game in order to have a fighting chance at the next line up in this quarter of the season. In that particular situation you play smart football in get out of there with the win. Now luckily our defense made some key plays to help us secure the win, BUT is that how our defense has been playing lately? No, therefore it was a gamble regardless of what. At the end of the day its all just a difference in opinions but I already know for a fact most coaches would have run it and secured a two score lead at that point. At this point its almost safe to say Elam is automatic.....had we been dealing with 07's Matt Prater I wouldnt want to depend on his leg and I would of gone all out for the score as they did.

For the record I'm pleased with this staff and this team..............EXCEPT for Jennings but not every team has a decent returner and that situation could be worse.

I have a couple of concerns. One the lack of use of Norwood but I"m not panic

stricken about it because Turner is establishing himself as a force. I would

feel better probably if Norwood hadn't missed the pass last week which would

have been a first down and much more. So it is more of personnel use than

play calling. Second, is more of the same, Roddy is being established as a go to

receiver but Jenkins needs to be used too. I would use him like a Plaxico Burress

or Randy Moss. Those type of routes where he can take advantage of his height.

Distribution is my issue.

There were a few attempts to Jenkins on deeper routes where height would serve him as an advantage, and the execution didn't take place. Jenkins was right there and either Ryan slightly overthrew the ball or Jenkins half-a**ed his route. On another play on a deep route the CB man-handled Jenkins just as the ball got to him and he couldn't get his head around.

Just because a play doesn't work doesn't mean it's bad play-calling. Just because the ball didn't go to a certain player on the field doesn't mean they weren't included in the plan. Again, on the Ryan INT play it was a perfect chance for us to score, and the play worked to perfection, Ryan just had a rookie moment. The best play-calling in the world isn't going to over-come poor execution.

I have never spent so little time during a game cursing over the offensive play calling after decades of being a Falcons fan.

Good riddance to Knapp's evil scientist one dimentional multi-dimensionalism...

Or Reeves and Bennett's run the ball twice then throw.

Mularkey knows what he is doing .... for once better than the fans.

Did you see reeves play calling in the 1998 nfc championship game?