Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Jake Peavy A Brave?

73 posts in this topic

For those that want to move Yunel to 3rd, WHY? Ask A-Rod how that transition goes. He had a rough few years fielding the ball. Personally, I'd rather keep Yunel at SS. He is solid there.

Also, we have questions in the OF as well. I have a shocking move I'd like to see us try to pull off for a CF to propose. Even if I don't know if they'd let him go, I'd love to see us try to trade ST. Louis out of Rick Ankiel. He has a very small contract ($900k). He's shown he can play the position, and he has a pretty good stick. I'd also not be opposed to moving Frenchy. He has problems learning to be patient at the plate, always has. I'd rather see a guy hit for average than go up there hacking to hit it out every pitch.

Also, our 1B position is shaky as well. Rumor has it that Prince Fielder might be available, and he'd come in at an affordable price. Takers?

Another thing I'm concerned about is the closer position. Mike Gonzalez is not the answer. K-Rod is reportedly going to be available. Sign him Frank.

You're wrong about Mike Gonzalez. A guy doesn't record 39 or 40 straight saves or how ever many it was without being good. What don't you like about the guy? He was 13 or 15 in saves last year. Yes he can be wild at times but look at his numbers in save situations and compare them to his numbers in non-save situations. It's not even close.

Also Francisco Rodriguez? Are you ****in crazy? The Mets are gonna give him the world to get him with Wagner being out all of next year.

He saved nearly 40 consecutive games? Are you certain about that? He's saved 44 in the last 6 seasons. 2 were blown in his last 4 opportunities. 14 times in 2007 he didn't get the save. It wasn't a blown save, but he didn't get the save either. 20 times this past season he didn't get credit for a save or blown save. 30 times in 2006 he didn't get credit for either. Had he converted a save every time, his numbers would be great. Thing is, he didn't, and he didn't convert anywhere near 40 in a row. They'd pull him before he cost them a game, and another guy would come in and either blow the save or retain it. Don't give me that garbage.

K-Rod meanwhile only saved 62 games this past season alone. He saved 40 last season. He saved 47 in 2006. His ERA numbers have been 1.73 in 06', 2.81 in 07', 2.24 in 08'. Model of consistency in a lot more games, with a lot more conversions. He has 208 saves since 2002. He pitched 68.1 innings this past season, converted 62 saves, that's pretty damned good numbers.

Gonzalez has 44 saves since 2003, well actually 2004 since he recorded none in 03'.

Mariano Rivera has saved 30+ games every season except 2002 since 1997. That's consistency. His ERA has been over 3 once since 1996.

Gonzalez is tied for 29th in the league in saves. There are only 30 teams in the league. Of those above him in saves, only 6 have a higher ERA. That's earned run average, that means he, on average, gives up more runs that are earned than 23 closers of 30(6 higher plus him, that's 7). But he's the answer. Get real.

You do realize he didn't become the full-time closer for Pittsburgh until '06, right? And you do realize that he wasn't even the closer here until Soriano went down, right? As for your argument of saves compared to innings pitched..dude, that is THE most flawed bit of info I have ever seen in my life. We had one of the worst offenses this year, causing our team to rarely be in the lead coming into the 8th and 9th innings. Here's a fact for you, in his 15.2 innings pitched, where he had was in a save opportunity, Gonzo had a 2.96 ERA, with only 6 hits allowed, giving up only TWO walks, 22 strikeouts, and 3 HRs given up. That's pretty **** good right there. So that means he was **** near dominant when coming in to close out games.

i guess i'll chime in as well. :P

Chipper to 1st.......Not going to happen. as much footwork that's required for the position, chipper might as well ask to be traded to an AL team where he can DH.

Yunel to 3rd.......I wouldn't oppose it, but it will only happen when chipper hangs them up or moves on. If that were to happen in the next 2 seasons, for example, we'd probably have either Prado and/or Lillibridge as long as we don't trade them away for OF/SP help which is a definite possibility IMO.

OF help.......I love the idea of trading for Matt Kemp of LAD....even though it hasn't really been mentioned. in his 1st full year, he hit .290, 18HR, 76 RBI's, 35 SB, .340 OBP, .459 Slugging, and .799 OPS. The dodgers have a log jam in their OF with Either, Jones, Kemp, and Pierre, so prying Kemp away might be possible since they were taking offers for him at the deadline.

SP help.......Peavy would be AWESOME.....if and ONLY if he stays healthy. Price wise, he'd be a bargain, but the injury bug likes to bunk with him year round.

So assuming, we don't land Peavy, I'd like to see us stay on the west coast and make a deal for Matt Cain in SF. The kid can flat out bring it. Then follow that up with signing Derek Lowe to a 3 year deal. And finally....staying out on the west coast....imagine that.....lock up Jon Garland as well. He's not going to blow you away by any means, but he'd be a SOLID #3 and and possibly a "not too shabby" #2.

I look for a back up plan to be the likes of Shawn Estes, Livan Hernandez, Randy Wolf type signings.

Just given the Brave's track record, I wouldn't expect a "Big Splash" in the FA market, but rather spreading the money out to improve as many area's as possible instead blowing it all on 1-2 guys and a bunch of scrubs.

I am all for making those moves but I Shawn Estes, Livan Herandez, and Randy Wolf are all over the hill.

Considering the fact he grew up in a small town in Alabama, and was a Braves fan during that time...I don't think so. Although it might be shocking to you, some players aren't actually solely in it for the money.

Yep. Exactly.

Sure....why the **** not. We banked our season on mr. ice, and 2 senior citizens last year and look what happened. Ended up with Huddy going down and he will likely be out until september of next year and he's FA after that assuming we don't pick up a $12M option on a guy coming off of Tommy John surgery. So we have Jurrjens and Campillo to put all our SP hopes of next year into. Lowe gives us that solid #1 guy....not a #1 ace by any means, but a nice anchor. Cain has tons of potential, but it doesn't pay off when he's had horrible run support in SF the past 2 years. Garland would be a nice addition to bolster our rotation to have some quality guys. Should Campillo have been a fluke last year, we'd then have a very solid front 4.....not anything to blow other teams away, but enough to keep us in games. I just don't see the braves blowing 40-45 million on 2 players......they're far too frugal.

I'd love to not have to retool our rotation, but we're at a crossroads with nice talent that isn't ML ready and having an immediate NEED for quality arms. Lowe for 3 years makes for a nice bridge and if Cain and Garland were to land here, they'd give us a couple of guys that we could build around and not have to rush all of our young guys up. Reyes is junk 2/3 of the time he goes out there. Chuck James is flat out garbage and even though Hampton was solid August and September, I'd rather not go back down that road unless he was dirt cheap.

So we can sit around and hope Jurrjens and Campillo can carry us and rush up Hanson and the other A and AA players, or we can make a few moves in the FA and trade markets. I'm all for spreading our money out and building a quality staff. I'd guess that Lowe and Garland would get 20-25M total, so we'd still have 15-20M to work with for a good OF (should we get one in FA instead of through a trade) and fill any other holes that we come across.

I would be shocked if Hudson isn't re-signed after 2009. He might very well take a paycut to still with the Braves. As he loves being close to home.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for bringing in arms, and I like Cain and Lowe ... it just seems like that take some serious money to happen.

The Giants GM has done said that Lincecum and Cain are untouchable. It would take our entire farm system to get Cain.

I am all for making those moves but I Shawn Estes, Livan Herandez, and Randy Wolf are all over the hill.

I would be shocked if Hudson isn't re-signed after 2009. He might very well take a paycut to still with the Braves. As he loves being close to home.

The Giants GM has done said that Lincecum and Cain are untouchable. It would take our entire farm system to get Cain.

I think Estes (36...same age as Lowe), Hernandez (34), and Wolf (32.....and had a solid little known season this year) are more along the lines of the back up plan should should we miss out on the likes of Lowe and/or Garland.

I'd love to see Huddy back in Atlanta after 2009. but considering we'd have about a month-2 months (if we're lucky) to see how he rebounds from Tommy John surgery, I say buy out his contract for the million it would cost us and offer him a 1 year incentive filled deal of about 5 million in 2010 with an option of 8-10 million in 2011 should he rebound nicely. I think the Mike Hampton experience proved to us all that we should seriously consider a shorter term deal after '09. History as well has shown that some guys just don't come back from Tommy John surgery.

Lincecum....yes....he's untouchable. Cain on the other hand....I think if we offered the right mix of guys, he could be had. SF has been trying to get younger and Shuerholz had a knack for "hyping up" prospects and then trading them away in sometimes controversial deals (from a fans point of view), so I'm sure he and Wren have a couple guys that the could afford to unload.

I think Estes (36...same age as Lowe), Hernandez (34), and Wolf (32.....and had a solid little known season this year) are more along the lines of the back up plan should should we miss out on the likes of Lowe and/or Garland.

I'd love to see Huddy back in Atlanta after 2009. but considering we'd have about a month-2 months (if we're lucky) to see how he rebounds from Tommy John surgery, I say buy out his contract for the million it would cost us and offer him a 1 year incentive filled deal of about 5 million in 2010 with an option of 8-10 million in 2011 should he rebound nicely. I think the Mike Hampton experience proved to us all that we should seriously consider a shorter term deal after '09. History as well has shown that some guys just don't come back from Tommy John surgery.

Lincecum....yes....he's untouchable. Cain on the other hand....I think if we offered the right mix of guys, he could be had. SF has been trying to get younger and Shuerholz had a knack for "hyping up" prospects and then trading them away in sometimes controversial deals (from a fans point of view), so I'm sure he and Wren have a couple guys that the could afford to unload.

I was saying that those guys might have a couple good starts left in them but I feel it would be like the 2nd coming of what we just got done dealing with.

Oh yeah I wasn't talking about picking up his option. I'm guessing he would take 8-10 million on a 1 year deal with some kind of vesting option if he pitches so many innings in 2010. But from what I read on www.mlbtraderumors.com Cain is untouchable also. I would love to have Cain. His record had he gotten any run support the last 2 years could easily be reversed. We would be in some real, real trouble if we didn't have Jurrjens and Campillo.

He saved nearly 40 consecutive games? Are you certain about that? He's saved 44 in the last 6 seasons. 2 were blown in his last 4 opportunities. 14 times in 2007 he didn't get the save. It wasn't a blown save, but he didn't get the save either. 20 times this past season he didn't get credit for a save or blown save. 30 times in 2006 he didn't get credit for either. Had he converted a save every time, his numbers would be great. Thing is, he didn't, and he didn't convert anywhere near 40 in a row. They'd pull him before he cost them a game, and another guy would come in and either blow the save or retain it. Don't give me that garbage.

K-Rod meanwhile only saved 62 games this past season alone. He saved 40 last season. He saved 47 in 2006. His ERA numbers have been 1.73 in 06', 2.81 in 07', 2.24 in 08'. Model of consistency in a lot more games, with a lot more conversions. He has 208 saves since 2002. He pitched 68.1 innings this past season, converted 62 saves, that's pretty damned good numbers.

Gonzalez has 44 saves since 2003, well actually 2004 since he recorded none in 03'.

Mariano Rivera has saved 30+ games every season except 2002 since 1997. That's consistency. His ERA has been over 3 once since 1996.

Gonzalez is tied for 29th in the league in saves. There are only 30 teams in the league. Of those above him in saves, only 6 have a higher ERA. That's earned run average, that means he, on average, gives up more runs that are earned than 23 closers of 30(6 higher plus him, that's 7). But he's the answer. Get real.

Watch more baseball, please.

For real. The guy didn't comeback till the middle of June and the Braves didn't win that many games. So the guy isn't gonna have alot of saves. And as I said before. Look at what his ERA was in save situations.

I was saying that those guys might have a couple good starts left in them but I feel it would be like the 2nd coming of what we just got done dealing with.

Oh yeah I wasn't talking about picking up his option. I'm guessing he would take 8-10 million on a 1 year deal with some kind of vesting option if he pitches so many innings in 2010. But from what I read on www.mlbtraderumors.com Cain is untouchable also. I would love to have Cain. His record had he gotten any run support the last 2 years could easily be reversed. We would be in some real, real trouble if we didn't have Jurrjens and Campillo.

i agree...that's why i look at them as backup plans......there just isn't much out there this year in FA for starting pitching. I do think Lowe and Garland might be the best way to go as far as FA's go. Not the #1 ace like Sabathia or Peavy, but a couple solid guys to build around. I just worry about the Tommy John surgery....the 12-15 month rehab and then only getting 1- maybe 2 months of showcase to see if he's the same old Huddy or not. Haven't read up on Cain much until just now and saw that Fielder moving was a possibility and saw that a rumor of Hardy, Fielder, and another player for Cain had been dismissed.....**** that;s a lot to give up. I think he's got tons of potential, but ****....he hasn't proven himself yet like Lincecum has.

i agree...that's why i look at them as backup plans......there just isn't much out there this year in FA for starting pitching. I do think Lowe and Garland might be the best way to go as far as FA's go. Not the #1 ace like Sabathia or Peavy, but a couple solid guys to build around. I just worry about the Tommy John surgery....the 12-15 month rehab and then only getting 1- maybe 2 months of showcase to see if he's the same old Huddy or not. Haven't read up on Cain much until just now and saw that Fielder moving was a possibility and saw that a rumor of Hardy, Fielder, and another player for Cain had been dismissed.....**** that;s a lot to give up. I think he's got tons of potential, but ****....he hasn't proven himself yet like Lincecum has.

Yeah. Like I said before it would cost way to much to get Cain. I don't understand where this Fielder to the Bravos rumor has come from also. Do you guys realize that this was just Kotchman's 2nd full season in the majors? So he is still a work in progress and he is under contract until 2011. I believe he is just keeping the seat at 1B warm until Freddie Freeman is ready. Freeman and Heyward are the future of the team. If Francoeur bounces back like I think he will and Schafer proves himself. With McCann behind the plate and Escobar at SS. If Johnson learns to be more consitent and carries what he did in September into next season the Braves have a really good core of position players to build around. I also hope Tommy Hanson lives up to his protential also.

I paid my hard earned money to attend 29 home games last season. Of those, Gonzalez pitched in about 15. In those games he pitched, I wasn't impressed. He's decent, yes, but I don't think he has the ability to become a dominant closer in this league. He'll be average, and that's fine. But I'd rather have a guy that comes in and closes the door. A guy that when he comes in, we play Hells Bells, and it's good night. I don't think he's that guy. Some of you do, I'll just agree to disagree. You have your opinion, I have mine. I don't fault you for it, I just think that to get back to our old winning ways we have to have a guy that we have faith in that will come in and close the door on a nightly basis. I didn't see that watching Gonzalez. At times he looked intimidated. I liked Rocker, I likes Wholers, and I liked Smoltzy in there. I knew when they were waived in, whether they sprinted to the mound, whether they came out in a trot, or whether they walked slowly through the gate that the game was about to be over. Yeah, I believe that Gonzo could be a guy that will work for a little while, because our starters are the main hole in our pitching. But once we solidify the starting rotation, I'd rather see a different guy warming up in the pen at the end of the 8th inning.

I still think one of the more major problems in our pitching is the fact we let Mazzone get loose. McDowell is alright, but our guys played better for rocking man.

I paid my hard earned money to attend 29 home games last season. Of those, Gonzalez pitched in about 15. In those games he pitched, I wasn't impressed. He's decent, yes, but I don't think he has the ability to become a dominant closer in this league. He'll be average, and that's fine. But I'd rather have a guy that comes in and closes the door. A guy that when he comes in, we play Hells Bells, and it's good night. I don't think he's that guy. Some of you do, I'll just agree to disagree. You have your opinion, I have mine. I don't fault you for it, I just think that to get back to our old winning ways we have to have a guy that we have faith in that will come in and close the door on a nightly basis. I didn't see that watching Gonzalez. At times he looked intimidated. I liked Rocker, I likes Wholers, and I liked Smoltzy in there. I knew when they were waived in, whether they sprinted to the mound, whether they came out in a trot, or whether they walked slowly through the gate that the game was about to be over. Yeah, I believe that Gonzo could be a guy that will work for a little while, because our starters are the main hole in our pitching. But once we solidify the starting rotation, I'd rather see a different guy warming up in the pen at the end of the 8th inning.

I still think one of the more major problems in our pitching is the fact we let Mazzone get loose. McDowell is alright, but our guys played better for rocking man.

First off we didn't let him go. He choose to leave. Second off Roger McDowell hasn't had nothing but a boat load of injuries to deal with the 3 years he has been pitching coach. Mike Gonzalez was lights out when the game was on the line. Yes when it was non save situations he struggled. No question there but when the game was on the line he was lights out. 14 for 16 in saves. That is good. He had a 2.81 ERA in save chances and a 8.15 ERA in non save situations.

Yeah. Like I said before it would cost way to much to get Cain. I don't understand where this Fielder to the Bravos rumor has come from also. Do you guys realize that this was just Kotchman's 2nd full season in the majors? So he is still a work in progress and he is under contract until 2011. I believe he is just keeping the seat at 1B warm until Freddie Freeman is ready. Freeman and Heyward are the future of the team. If Francoeur bounces back like I think he will and Schafer proves himself. With McCann behind the plate and Escobar at SS. If Johnson learns to be more consitent and carries what he did in September into next season the Braves have a really good core of position players to build around. I also hope Tommy Hanson lives up to his protential also.

I agree about the core players. That's how you build a dynasty.....through your farm system instead of blowing an unlimited payroll. I was excited to see that we got Kotchman in the Tex deal. 1. he's locked up until 2011, 2. he's young and affordable, 3. he's as good defensively as Tex was, 4. he's a contact hitter and would make a great #6 or #2 guy in our lineup just because he puts the ball in play about 90% of the time. Living in Rome, I got to see Freeman play several times this year and I like him a lot. Big kid and the ball just jumps off of his bat. The gaes I saw, he was a gap-gap kind of hitter with some good pop as well.

I got to watch a lot of Heyward this season as he played a lot at Rome. I was impressed and I'll be mad if we lose him in a trade this off season, which I don't think would happen.

I don't know what to tell you. I'm not sure you ae watching the same pitcher. Are you think of Manny Acosta? I have never seen Gonzalez look intimidated. Gonzalez has been as reliable a closer as anyone the last 3 or 4 years. He saved 35 or so games in a row. He runs on intensity. The problem is he has played for two crap teams and a ton of the games he has pitched in have been meaningless non-save opportunities. Even most of the save opportunities have been with his team out of playoff contention. I'm not sure how you can like Rocker and not like Gonzo. Just because he was an a-hole and a racist? It can't be because he was a better pitcher. I can't even say Wohlers was a better pitcher but for all his glory I'll leave him alone.

I just think you're really misinformed on Gonzo and if the Braves give him some save opps next year you'll see it. The guy is a great closer.

If you went to 29 games then you must have been piss drunk by the 5th in all of them because you have no idea wtf you are talking about. Your posts make me want to slap a nun.

As good as Leo was here.....or so we thought considering he had the likes of Maddux, Smoltz, & Glavine.....he bombed horribly in Baltimore where they posted a 4.56 ERA in '05, a 5.35 ERA in '06, and 5.17 ERA in '07. Maybe it's just the fact that we had 3 hall of fame pitchers that were taught the correct way to pitch instead of just hurling the ball. I'll be the first to give Leo credit, but I don't think our successful pitching staff was ALL him. He helped to revive some careers temporarily, but aside from Glavine, Smoltz, and Maddux, most have not fared well once they left Atlanta.

I agree about the core players. That's how you build a dynasty.....through your farm system instead of blowing an unlimited payroll. I was excited to see that we got Kotchman in the Tex deal. 1. he's locked up until 2011, 2. he's young and affordable, 3. he's as good defensively as Tex was, 4. he's a contact hitter and would make a great #6 or #2 guy in our lineup just because he puts the ball in play about 90% of the time. Living in Rome, I got to see Freeman play several times this year and I like him a lot. Big kid and the ball just jumps off of his bat. The gaes I saw, he was a gap-gap kind of hitter with some good pop as well.

Yes. Let's not forget where we came from. Look at all the players that came up through our system that was the core of most of those division championship teams. Now yes a few of the players came from other teams but for the most part they were all home grown players.

I don't know what to tell you. I'm not sure you ae watching the same pitcher. Are you think of Manny Acosta? I have never seen Gonzalez look intimidated. Gonzalez has been as reliable a closer as anyone the last 3 or 4 years. He saved 35 or so games in a row. He runs on intensity. The problem is he has played for two crap teams and a ton of the games he has pitched in have been meaningless non-save opportunities. Even most of the save opportunities have been with his team out of playoff contention. I'm not sure how you can like Rocker and not like Gonzo. Just because he was an a-hole and a racist? It can't be because he was a better pitcher. I can't even say Wohlers was a better pitcher but for all his glory I'll leave him alone.

I just think you're really misinformed on Gonzo and if the Braves give him some save opps next year you'll see it. The guy is a great closer.

Mike Gonzalez came back in mid June and had all of 4 save chances in the months of June and July. Also like I said before with the Braves not winning many games his save chances were few are far between. It wasn't until the final 3 weeks of the season when the Braves went on a good winning streak that he got save chances consistently.

If you went to 29 games then you must have been piss drunk by the 5th in all of them because you have no idea wtf you are talking about. Your posts make me want to slap a nun.

Yep exactly. Everytime Gonzo comes in I feel like the game is over. It's a feeling I haven't had since Smoltz was the closer.

As good as Leo was here.....or so we thought considering he had the likes of Maddux, Smoltz, & Glavine.....he bombed horribly in Baltimore where they posted a 4.56 ERA in '05, a 5.35 ERA in '06, and 5.17 ERA in '07. Maybe it's just the fact that we had 3 hall of fame pitchers that were taught the correct way to pitch instead of just hurling the ball. I'll be the first to give Leo credit, but I don't think our successful pitching staff was ALL him. He helped to revive some careers temporarily, but aside from Glavine, Smoltz, and Maddux, most have not fared well once they left Atlanta.

Yep I totally agree. I give him all due credit but I believe he is given too much credit sometimes. Even with all the injuries the Braves pitching staff still had the 2nd best ERA in the NL at the all-star break last year. It wasn't until after the break that the pitching staff was absolutely horrible.

I got to watch a lot of Heyward this season as he played a lot at Rome. I was impressed and I'll be mad if we lose him in a trade this off season, which I don't think would happen.

What did you think of Freeman?

What did you think of Freeman?

I liked him from everything I saw. Reminded me a lot of a young Fred McGriff but a little better. He'll develop nicely, hopefully. I also was impressed with Cody Johnson somewhat. He has good power, but needs a little more patience at the plate at times. The farm team didn't do well in the standings, but for out Major League affiliate, there are a few players that make the future look bright.

I'm closer to State Mutual Stadium than Turner Field, so I try to attend a bunch of games there. Not to mention I can get in a lot cheaper (there are field level seats at Budweiser Beach that are $3 and you pick your picnic table), and the beer is cheap, $12 a pitcher. I caught 4 foul balls for the GF's son from the same table (he was there for one). Once, a friend of mine and I went and sat in the last row of actual seats as well (right next to the beach). We had our pitcher sitting on the ground, and a foul ball was headed right at us. I called it and he said to guard the beer he had it. We both made the move and I kicked over the pitcher in the scramble. I took the ball and the pitcher to the concession stand and told them the ball knocked it over (there was about a cup full left in it). Told them there was about a beer left. They filled that sucker to the brim and told me to have fun. Good folks over there.

Plus work has a box there, so I occasionally get the tickets for it, so that's completely free, including the food. I'm only responsible for the drinks. And Thursday is 2 for 1 days. Lots of fun up there.

I liked him from everything I saw. Reminded me a lot of a young Fred McGriff but a little better. He'll develop nicely, hopefully. I also was impressed with Cody Johnson somewhat. He has good power, but needs a little more patience at the plate at times. The farm team didn't do well in the standings, but for out Major League affiliate, there are a few players that make the future look bright.

I'm closer to State Mutual Stadium than Turner Field, so I try to attend a bunch of games there. Not to mention I can get in a lot cheaper (there are field level seats at Budweiser Beach that are $3 and you pick your picnic table), and the beer is cheap, $12 a pitcher. I caught 4 foul balls for the GF's son from the same table (he was there for one). Once, a friend of mine and I went and sat in the last row of actual seats as well (right next to the beach). We had our pitcher sitting on the ground, and a foul ball was headed right at us. I called it and he said to guard the beer he had it. We both made the move and I kicked over the pitcher in the scramble. I took the ball and the pitcher to the concession stand and told them the ball knocked it over (there was about a cup full left in it). Told them there was about a beer left. They filled that sucker to the brim and told me to have fun. Good folks over there.

Plus work has a box there, so I occasionally get the tickets for it, so that's completely free, including the food. I'm only responsible for the drinks. And Thursday is 2 for 1 days. Lots of fun up there.

Yeah I was looking at the stats from so of the top minor leaguers. I saw that Cody Johnson had 26 homeruns but 177 strikeouts. Reminds me alot of Adam Dunn or Ryan Howard.

state mutual is a nice little stadium. i try to make it to some games each year, but unfortunately, don't make it to as many as i'd like. i did get to see smoltz make his rehab appearances here in Rome though. i took an Atlanta Braves hat that was signed by maddux with me the first night and he stopped signing autographs about 3 people from me. i was i like :o<_<:(

state mutual is a nice little stadium. i try to make it to some games each year, but unfortunately, don't make it to as many as i'd like. i did get to see smoltz make his rehab appearances here in Rome though. i took an Atlanta Braves hat that was signed by maddux with me the first night and he stopped signing autographs about 3 people from me. i was i like :o<_<:(

I went to the Smoltzy appearance as well as Chipper's appearance among the 20-25 games I attended. I'm going to try and get the box a little more next season, but if not, I'll still be parked on one of the tables in left field. Don't know how much I'll get to go, as I have a child that will arrive around May, but we'll still go to at least a few games. I do have a feeling that my trips to Turner Field will have to be cut down some though.

I went to the Smoltzy appearance as well as Chipper's appearance among the 20-25 games I attended. I'm going to try and get the box a little more next season, but if not, I'll still be parked on one of the tables in left field. Don't know how much I'll get to go, as I have a child that will arrive around May, but we'll still go to at least a few games. I do have a feeling that my trips to Turner Field will have to be cut down some though.

man I live about 20 min. from SM field we should pick a game and get a good group up to it this next season.