A True Test for the Offense

Against the bears d is going to be very tough especially when they just destroyed the lions offense with 4 sacks, INT, and tons of pressure.

If we win ill be the happiest man alive but our d has to stop Orton especially when he threw for 334 yards, 2 TD's, and no INT's.

The goal is pressure on the QB and to keep our passing game up on offense because im not sure if turner is going to be getting AS many yards

Yeah, I think our defense will be able to do a decent job against Chicago's offense. I still think they will probably score 3 times, but hopefully we can hold them to 1 TD and 2 FG's. I think we are going to have to score at least 17 points to win this game and Chicago is going to bring a lot of pressure against our running game. This is a game where the passing attack is going to set up the running attack. I like coach Smith's philosophy of run, run, run but the bears are going to make us throw and we won't have much on the ground until Ryan can force them to pull their safeties back out of the box. This is a game where he could throw for 250 yards or more, or our offense might not have 200 yards total offense.

This is the game of the year right hear. Chicago, in my opinion, is the best team we have faced all year just because of that defense.

I think the key to this game will be OUR defense guys. We know the Bears have a super stout defense and we know they have big playmakers on that side of the ball.

I would go ahead and look for us to do the ground and pound with passes scattered in between, but this will most likely not be enough.

This brings me to my point. Kyle Orton IS BY MATTER OF FACT one of the bottom tier NFL QB's. He protects the ball and doesnt LOSE many games, but his arm doesnt win him much either.

We need to bring the house agaisnst this guy. We need to make him have to either hold the ball too long and maybe get a sack or wasted down, or throw it before he is ready and comfortable.

To accomplish both of these goals will require an aggressive defense including some blitz packages. Kyle Orton is not anywhere near an elite QB. But if you take a sub par QB and give him all the time in the world to make throws you will get what the Bears got Sunday vs Detroit. Orton was not pressured, he was not hit much, he was given as much time as he wanted to make the reads and throw the ball.

We have to make him speed this process up, and I think in doing this make him prone to throwing some bad balls, OR holding the ball too long and taking some sacks, or who knows, maybe a fumble.

I would not look to this week for any kind of offensive showcase from out offense. This needs to be the defenses coming out party and we CAN win this game, We just have to bring the pressure for four quarters and play mistake free (penalties) football.

Against the bears d is going to be very tough especially when they just destroyed the lions offense with 4 sacks, INT, and tons of pressure.

If we win ill be the happiest man alive but our d has to stop Orton especially when he threw for 334 yards, 2 TD's, and no INT's.

The goal is pressure on the QB and to keep our passing game up on offense because im not sure if turner is going to be getting AS many yards

You know as well as I do that the Lions are in complete disaray. Kitna was benched, not that it would have made any difference. Heck, the birds clobered them in thier first game and so has everyone else. There is no way to gage the Bears from that game. No doubt the birds play better at home.

I think Matt will have his biggest game this week. I really feel like its time for him to break out. I think the bears D is GOOD, but not as good as everyone thinks. Yea they dismantled the lions... but come on... its the lions.... I say 244 yrds and 3Td's this week. I think they are going to try and focus on Turner and Ryan's arm is going to blindside them. As for Orton. Yes, he has very high confidence this week. BUT, we gotta get to him early, then make him make some big mistakes and capitalize. Falcons roll this week at the dome 28-17

I can honestly say no one should be worried about Orton on offense. He has had one good game in his career and that was this week against the Lions. Look for him to turn the ball over 3 times this game. If anything we should be worried about stopping Forte, he's their entire offense as far as I'm concerned.

As for the bears defense, I can say with certainty that I have no idea what is going to happen. They have a superb run d and we are killing it on the ground at home so somethings got to give and I can see it going either way

This game really couldn't be any closer of a matchup. We both have two losses. Both to the same two teams (Tampa and Carolina).

Our #9 offense versus their #9 defense

Their #15 offense versus our #23 defense

Our #25 passing offense versus their #24 pass defense

Their #16 passing offense versus our #23 pass defense

Our #1 rushing offense versus their #4 rush defense

Their #8 rushing offense versus our #21 rush defense

If you look at similar opponents, they have the edge. Statistically, they do have a slight edge because our defense does not matchup. Our offense is better, their defense is better. Our pass defense has been about the same, their rush defense is much better than ours though. Fortunately we are at home.

This game really couldn't be any closer of a matchup. We both have two losses. Both to the same two teams (Tampa and Carolina).

Our #9 offense versus their #9 defense

Their #15 offense versus our #23 defense

Our #25 passing offense versus their #24 pass defense

Their #16 passing offense versus our #23 pass defense

Our #1 rushing offense versus their #4 rush defense

Their #8 rushing offense versus our #21 rush defense

If you look at similar opponents, they have the edge. Statistically, they do have a slight edge because our defense does not matchup. Our offense is better, their defense is better. Our pass defense has been about the same, their rush defense is much better than ours though. Fortunately we are at home.

Our chances look a lot better if we effectively stop Forte.

We should be able to get pressure on the Orton, the Bears have given up 11 sacks, they have sacked the QB 12 times, but this is majority from blitzing, they have a DB with 3 sacks so we will have to watch out for that. Also if the Lions stopped Chicago's run, we should be able to stop there run also. If we come out a play the way we played in GB in the first half. Murlarkey did a good job of mixing the Run and Pass. We can't go run, run, pass like we have done in the past. He did a good job against GB of passing on early downs, and mixing the Run and Pass up. I think at home we have a good chance of winning this game. We have to also on defense defend their TE Olson and Clark. We can't let Hester beat us. We have played overall good on special teams but we have had some laps were a guy almost breaks one. If this happens with Hester it will be a TD.

Our chances look a lot better if we effectively stop Forte.

Agreed 100%. That was Orton's only good passing game this season. Detroit's pass defense is the worst in the league. Statistically it's ranked 28th by yardage, but it is by far the worst. Over the course of the season, QB's have a 67.6% completion, 9.4 yards per attempt, 8 TD's, 0 interceptions, a 122.1 QB Rating, and they are 3rd lowest in sacks. They haven't given up the most yards, but they have given up the most yards per attempt along with the worst TD/INT ratio and the QB Rating for opposing QB's is ridiculous through 4 games. Before that game, Orton had 5 TD's, 4 INT's, and 2 lost fumbles.

Basically, I'd consider this past game against Detroit an anomaly. Forte is their offense.

Agreed 100%. That was Orton's only good passing game this season. Detroit's pass defense is the worst in the league. Statistically it's ranked 28th by yardage, but it is by far the worst. Over the course of the season, QB's have a 67.6% completion, 9.4 yards per attempt, 8 TD's, 0 interceptions, a 122.1 QB Rating, and they are 3rd lowest in sacks. They haven't given up the most yards, but they have given up the most yards per attempt along with the worst TD/INT ratio and the QB Rating for opposing QB's is ridiculous through 4 games. Before that game, Orton had 5 TD's, 4 INT's, and 2 lost fumbles.

Basically, I'd consider this past game against Detroit an anomaly. Forte is their offense.

the only reason they havent given up the most yards is because the games are basically over by halftime and opponents just run.

Michael Koenen will be the player of the game; Devin Hester won't be a factor. Matter of fact, nobody mentioned special teams. I think we have the edge because we have a clutch kicker, a punter who allows the least yards/punt return, a kick returner who is capable of taking it all the way at any time, and I believe that Douglas will see the field on punt return this week; he's just too elusive to not get him in the game.