So you wanted Dorsey over Ryan...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll eat crow, I remember on draft day when it was our pick and I was like OMG DORSEY IS A FALCON BABY!!! Then all of a sudden I see Matt Ryan all emotional picking up his cell phone and remember being completely livid.

Please serve me raw crow for doubting Matty Ice, the guy is the truth.

I am in the exact same boat. I'm am utterly impressed with the way Ryan is playing in only his 5th game. Besides that brain fart of a pick he had an awesome game. ( should have thrown the ball the second he saw the TE breaking open. You could visually see the brain fart. Ryan was looking at him like *wow he's open already, hot dang the play worked, oh **** I need to throw it.*)

While I'm extremely happy with Matt Ryan, this thread is silly. Since when is it one DTs fault when his team gets shredded on the ground? Oh, and Dorsey forced a fumble early in the game when Carolina was about to score.

I'm sure KC fans would love to give us Dorsey to get a decent Qb...

if somebody had forecasted our oline playing at an actual nfl caliber level then i would have been all for the ryan pick at first. i am on board now and have been since week 1. is he outplaying flacco? i dont know but the falcons are winning and thats all that matters to me! **** you haters!!!!

I'll eat crow, I remember on draft day when it was our pick and I was like OMG DORSEY IS A FALCON BABY!!! Then all of a sudden I see Matt Ryan all emotional picking up his cell phone and remember being completely livid.

Glen Dorsey will be an all-pro defensive tackle some day

Matt Ryan will be an all-pro NFL quarterback someday

which is better?

Matt Ryan > Glen Dorsey

all things being equal - the quarterback is the more important position - think about it like this

best QB = Tom Brady

best DT = Tommie Harris (or Kevin Williams)

who would you rather have? :rolleyes:

I'll take my medicine right here too. I desperately wanted Dorsey and didn't believe that Ryan was that much better than Henne, Flacco or Brohm.

While I still believe that Dorsey is going to end up being a really good DT in this league I am thrilled to admit that so far I was waaaaaaaaay off base about Ryan.

I remember being pissed that the Falcons would pick Dorsey over Ryan. It's nice to have a good DT but it's not exactly going to win you every game quite like a good QB can. If anyone wants to be a fan of what the Falcons could have been, be a Chiefs fan. You can all see by the way they played today that they "played to WIN the GAME!"

I really wanted Dorsey and did n ot have high hopes fo Ryan, but I am pleased to be wrong. As for Flscco, I don;t think he has done that much for Baltimore. They have won games through defense and although he had his moments against Pittsburgh, he has thrown too many ints so far this season.

2 more INT's today and 0 TD's

Edit: There are some people in this world that you can look at and can just tell they arn't to intelligent. Flacco looks like one of those people. Typcial dumb jock look

to say Ryan has exceeded my expectation as a QB and leader would be a tremendous understatement...he has done more in 5 weeks than i expected in 2 full years.

to say Ryan has exceeded my expectation as a QB and leader would be a tremendous understatement...he has done more in 5 weeks than i expected in 2 full years.

Ditto. I even enjoy ( later on) when he makes mistakes. Its good for him to make mistakes here and there while being effecient. Something for him to learn on and only get better. He's playing like he's in year 3 or 4. Reading defenses like he is and making adjustments at the line. WUT?

Glen Dorsey will be an all-pro defensive tackle some day

Matt Ryan will be an all-pro NFL quarterback someday

which is better?

Matt Ryan > Glen Dorsey

all things being equal - the quarterback is the more important position - think about it like this

best QB = Tom Brady

best DT = Tommie Harris (or Kevin Williams)

who would you rather have? :rolleyes:

You comparing Matt Ryan to Tom Brady?!?!??!?! How do u know he's gonna be an all-pro? based on what?

This thread is stupid. Where was it when we lost to Carolina and Tampa? Can he play a full season first please? Thank you.

Funny

It looks like you'd prefer a 1-4 record for us and a 3-2 record for the Chiefs with Dorsey being a star and Ryan a bust

Really funny, unless you are a Chiefs fan

But... in this case....why the **** are you here?

:lol:

Ditto. I even enjoy ( later on) when he makes mistakes. Its good for him to make mistakes here and there while being effecient. Something for him to learn on and only get better. He's playing like he's in year 3 or 4. Reading defenses like he is and making adjustments at the line. WUT?

we have not seen this type of competence at the QB position since Chandler was here.