Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL FALCONS-PACKERS IN-GAME THREAD

2,719 posts in this topic

The autumn air is crisp, a humidity-free 52 degrees and nothing but bright Wisconsin sunshine. We speak often of "perfect football days," but this one defines the term.

Just came up from the Lambeau turf, white chalk from the sidelines serving as evidence of my trek. Of the 32 NFL home facilities, this one is obviously the standard-bearer. It's my fifth trip here, and every time I visit it feels like my first.

Matt Ryan is warming up, and it's no secret that this is one of those games the opposing team is going to put on his shoulders - or at least they're going to try. Expect no less than 8 men in the box when the Falcons are on offense, forcing the young, talented rookie to make plays. And he'll be charged to do so against a secondary with two starters out: strong safety Atari Bigby and cornerback Al Harris. Replacing them will be third-year safety Charlie Peprah (out of Alabama) and second-year corner Tramon Williams (who prepped at Lousiana Tech).

Sam Baker gets the start again today, so the Falcons offensive line has all its front-liners in the fray. And it looks as though Aaron Rodgers is going to play with the dinged up shoulder. Did you hear that, John Abraham?

This is another step in what Head Coach Mike Smith deems "the process," and it's going to be fun to watch.

Are you ready for some football?

Moderator, I am sorry, I didn't see this thread when I started my own and I owe you an apology! I hope you forgive me because I missed this thread. I apologize for not noticing this thread.

Whatever the case is : GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to an effective running game on the road.... Third times a charm...

I hope you are right! Ya know the reports I have been hearing is green bay has been giving up 5.5 yards per carry again the run. We shall see.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator, I am sorry, I didn't see this thread when I started my own and I owe you an apology! I hope you forgive me because I missed this thread. I apologize for not noticing this thread.

Whatever the case is : GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No worries! That's the first time I've pinned it, and it threw everyone off. Keeping it unpinned from now on.

Let's get this party started!!!!!!

I hope you are right! Ya know the reports I have been hearing is green bay has been giving up 5.5 yards per carry again the run. We shall see.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I hear... so we shall see. Let's hope Mularky doesn't forget to give Norwood touches when he's effective.

No worries! That's the first time I've pinned it, and it threw everyone off. Keeping it unpinned from now on.

Let's get this party started!!!!!!

This is the best site on the internet! And you guys/gals are the best moderators! IMO :D

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!