I'm holding my judgment on turner

A running back isn't going to do much of anything behind a line that can't generate any push or that's facing an 8 man front because they don't respect the passing game. So you have 2 options... get some road graders on the o-line like the Chiefs used to have (I'd kill to have a Willie Roaf, Will Shields, Brian Waters, John Tait on our line) or pass the ball and beat them deep when they stack the box.

We haven't had a good chance to see what Ryan can do. So far we've seen 2 games in which we ran at will and 2 that we've had to play behind while the run game was shut down.

Not to mention our old nemesis - dropped passes - is back again. It is hard to judge Ryan when all of the recievers are dropping balls. This was a bad game for us in many ways.

It is difficult to say.

We seem to struggle when Baker is out which I definately think is at least partly responsible for the 2 average games.

Even against Det and KC though, yah they were bad teams, look at our O-line this year.

--Rookie(Baker) -- Second year(Blalock)--McClure--New starter(Dahl)--New starter(Clabo)

I mean really the only 2 guys who have played together are Blalock and McClure, I think considering that this is the first year this O-line has been together even the games against "bad" teams were impressive. 300+ yards for an O-line who have never played a season together I don't care who you play that's impressive.

As for Turner the guy is the real deal. I mean just watch him run, great vision unparalleled balance and more speed than people give him credit for. His only limiting factor this year will be our young O-line, who to this point have done well IMO, and if they can stay healthy it is only going to get better.

the op is right, he has had two good games against poor defenses. couldn't do anything against two good defenses. it's not a coincidence that he has only averaged 3 ypc against the good defenses. it is probably something, unless something changes, that yall should get used too. a rb is only as good as his oline.

This thread should be titled

"I'm holding my judgement on our young O-line"

At what point has Turner done something to make you think that he is anything other than a top 10 RB in this league?

I have only ever seen him run hard on every play, drag LBs for 10 yards, break 2-4 tackles and run for TDs, gain a few yards after being hit for a loss.