Sources in Atlanta say Falcons CB Domonique Foxworth is not happy with his role on the team. The Falcons acquired Foxworth from the Broncos in a trade just before the season began, but he’s stuck behind Chris Houston, Brent Grimes and Chevis Jackson and hasn’t seen much playing time. He’s in his contract year and was hoping to showcase his skills before he entered free agency.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...rapup092808.htm

Sources in Atlanta say Falcons CB Domonique Foxworth is not happy with his role on the team. The Falcons acquired Foxworth from the Broncos in a trade just before the season began, but he’s stuck behind Chris Houston, Brent Grimes and Chevis Jackson and hasn’t seen much playing time. He’s in his contract year and was hoping to showcase his skills before he entered free agency.

That last line sums it all up... it's not that he wants to help his new team he wants to make more money. I know this is a business but if that's a line from his agent or Foxworth there may be a reason he's not playing.

That last line sums it all up... it's not that he wants to help his new team he wants to make more money. I know this is a business but if that's a line from his agent or Foxworth there may be a reason he's not playing.

well actually when he came here he said he wants to compete for a starting job and since that isn't happening then he wants to at least play to impress other teams which is fair because he just wants to start. thats what turner wanted to do and look at him now

well actually when he came here he said he wants to compete for a starting job and since that isn't happening then he wants to at least play to impress other teams which is fair because he just wants to start. thats what turner wanted to do and look at him now

That may be true, I've just heard that free agency line one too many times.. it's never a good sign that a player fits with a team.

the guy has been a backup for a while now behind champ, bly, and now hes behind houston, grimes, and even a rookie. he knows he can compete but he just hasnt had the opportunity. its like knowing you can play very well and can compete but your always in the back of the line before the day ends. he has competed against very good talent and played well. i think he can take grimes spot and grimes can move to NB. fit him perfectly and we can package him into blitzes and coverages to coinside with his athleticism.

In other words, he's going to jump more routes, give up more big plays, but pad his interception statistics so he can get more money in Free Agency. Aka DHall V2.

I don't know much (actually anything) about Dominique Foxworth, but this is what I've heard:

He was stuck in DEN, and wanted to go somewhere where he could start (no problem with that)

He came here thinking he would supplant Houston or Grimes. And, since Hutchins went on IR & Jackson is a rookie, that was (is) a reasonable assumption

He made a statement to the effect that he is good enough that he could be a starter on several NFL teams.

The problem I have is that was the same statement made by one Doug Johnson, who not only couldn't find a starting job, but he bounced from team to team as a backup and is now out of football.

Thus, the question: Is Foxworth as good as he thinks he is, or have the coaches seen that what we have on the field are our 2 best corners?

I don't know much (actually anything) about Dominique Foxworth, but this is what I've heard:

He was stuck in DEN, and wanted to go somewhere where he could start (no problem with that)

He came here thinking he would supplant Houston or Grimes. And, since Hutchins went on IR & Jackson is a rookie, that was (is) a reasonable assumption

He made a statement to the effect that he is good enough that he could be a starter on several NFL teams.

The problem I have is that was the same statement made by one Doug Johnson, who not only couldn't find a starting job, but he bounced from team to team as a backup and is now out of football.

Thus, the question: Is Foxworth as good as he thinks he is, or have the coaches seen that what we have on the field are our 2 best corners?

The answer is hidden in your question... If Fox was good enough to start/replace Grimes/Houston, do you actually think he'd be riding the pine?

Or maybe he has competed, and lost.

:rolleyes:

And still be better than what we have here when he leaves.

Help me understand what the obsession is with this guy. I don't understand why people are so enamored with him. He ran a fast forty, I get that. But what has he done on the field that makes people like him so much? He has had 3 interceptions in 3 seasons.

In 2007 he started 6 games. Manning went 20/27 for 193 yards and 3 TD's. He didn't have a single PD. Roethlisberger went 24/35 with 4 TD's, he had 1 PD. Favre went 21/27 for 331 yards and 2 TD's, he didn't have 1 PD. Kitna went 16/31 for 252 yards and 2 TD's, he didn't have a single PD. He didn't even get a single tackle in one of his other starts, but managed to get 1 PD against the amazing duo of Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard.

Where/when has this guy shown up on the field?

We don't know how well he is doing picking up the defense in practice. We don't know how he is performing in practice. He may be getting burned in practice for all we know.

We DO know that this coaching staff puts players on the field when they outperform the guy ahead them. We DO know that this coaching staff rewards hard work.

So it is up to Foxworth to earn the job. That simple. He can talk about it all he wants. Earn the job and it is yours.

It is time for Foxworth to be moved into the lineup. Chevis Jackson is struggling some, and Fox shoudl either be the NB, or starting with Grimes moved to NB to better suit his size and experience level.

Umm.. NO!

I don't know what you are seeing but Brent Grimes is coming along very well. This is not a playoff season so play the young player and build rather than showcase the merc looking to cash in elsewhere next season. If there are injuries in the secondary (haven't we been very fortunate so far?) then Jeff Foxworthy will play. ^_^