To the true Falcon Fans on this board

Why do you guys just give these trolls (crankthatbatman,Statz.,atlballer,MEMPHIS-FALCON,ect.) any of our time. You know that when you open their posts, all its gonna be is Hatred for this Franchise. When you tell them something that has logic, they get gasoline poured on their fires and just keep coming back like roaches. Please someone tell me why the even argue with these idiots when we know you cant cure stupidity.

Why do you guys just give these trolls (crankthatbatman,Statz.,atlballer,MEMPHIS-FALCON,ect.) any of our time. You know that when you open their posts, all its gonna be is Hatred for this Franchise. When you tell them something that has logic, they get gasoline poured on their fires and just keep coming back like roaches. Please someone tell me why the even argue with these idiots when we know you cant cure stupidity.

If everybody thought the same way this board would suck. Everybody has there fav players and people they pull for thats just how it is.

Dude listen" If certin users get under your skin: don't sweat it. Just ignore them and let it go...

Statz is just very critical of his team I don't him any less of a fan. I think what's annoying when their post turns into A Vick argue and a lot they don't start them. Those threads then turn into immature shouting matches. They have made some decent posts but usually turn bad

Or do you think they are not "true" fans cause they still like Vick or cause they are hard on their team.

Well it seems you....,,

oops, see I almost did it again... :rolleyes:

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result...

So I guess the coaching staff is insane then. No matter how many times they move Brooking, he's still gonna suck. He's pass his time.

Statz is just very critical of his team I don't him any less of a fan. I think what's annoying when their post turns into A Vick argue and a lot they don't start them. Those threads then turn into immature shouting matches. They have made some decent posts but usually turn bad

Or do you think they are not "true" fans cause they still like Vick or cause they are hard on their team.

More of the "Hate Ryan, Love Vick" is what gets me. Since its been well over a year since he has walked out on a field, yet people still think he is the greatest qb of all time.

I will talk football with you.Dont get caught up in the hate.

To me, that's what makes this board fun. As long as someone isn't too trollish, and can post some reasonable arguments, I enjoy the debating & yelling back & forth. Heck, a lot of times, I post stuff that will stir up a reaction even though I don't necessarily feel exactly that way. It keeps things lively that way & then this doesn't turn into just a dull MB where everybody always agrees & drinks the same kool-aid.

Well I do it mainly because I want to see how much of an idiot they have made themselves in the next post lol

I try to be a realist and know that there's going to be some rough roads ahead (as it always seems) for the Falcons. When you've been a fan as long as I have, there's many times you just get frustrated to no end and what this team went through over the past two seasons has been the absolute worst chain of events I've ever seen. Sure, I'm disappointed that we lost to TB and Carolina once again, but these games could have been total blowouts and they weren't totally decided until late in the fourth quarter. Mistakes were made in them that can be addressed and corrected and make us even more competitive when we play them again at home on our turf.

But I am a happy camper because the Falcons are playing some decent football. Coach Smith is getting a lot more out of our defense with the cards (players) he's got to work with right now. Going into the year, nobody thought we'd be competitive at all and were only picked to win maybe one or two games the entire season. We've done that in our first four games!

There's things that can be addressed immediately with the dropped passes yesterday, penalties that kill red zone possessions, and even having the proper equipment for the field conditions. What cannot be addressed right now is the lack of a pass rush given the players we have (Abe being the exception) which could lesson the load that our vertically-challenged CBs are taking on. Things like that will have to be addressed more specifically in the upcoming offseason with free agency or the draft.

There are some positives though. Turner is an absolute beast with the ball and I think he's doing a great job of performing a starting RB role. Norwood is a very good compliment to him and also offers a lot of options. Matt Ryan's doing a commendable job as a rookie QB and appears to be getting better and placing his throws more accurately. Barring two INT's, he has not turned the ball over on fumbles and with all the pressure he's been under, has only been sacked seven times. Our offensive line has improved over last year, and hopefully Baker will be back soon and pick up where he left off. We have some good WRs that once they start clicking with Ryan, we will definitely see some big plays and TDs. Our rushing defense has been formidable although they have allowed a couple of big runs but for the most part has been pretty solid. Our kicking game has been dead on!

Some things I would like to see more of:

I still think we need to get Snelling in there a little more as he's a great receiver coming out of the backfield on 3rd down. More mis-direction plays involving Norwood and Douglas. More punt returns, even if it warrants a change in replacing Jennings. Bierman at left DE and JA98 at DT. Ryan taking shots down field at White/Jenkins and even Robinson & Douglas.

I don't know how our record is going to turn out this year and I can only surmise that it will be 8-8 at the very best. The main thing I want to see is our offense to start gelling in the passing game and putting the ball into the end zone for six instead of kicking 30+ yard FGs. I can't hope for too much out of our defense as we just don't have the players to provide enough pressure on opposing QBs right now but with the offense getting it together and start running on all cylinders, we have an adequate defense to potentially win some shootouts with.

Ive been on these boards for 7 years...I was born and raised in Atlanta. I have lived all throughout Ga . I am a season Ticket Holder sec 133 to be exact..I go to training camp every year that permits..I am 36 years of age..I stick up for this team any time a rival fans starts bashing the team..Its like a family you can talk about your sister all you want but as soon as someone else does all **** breaks loose..I am a huge Vick fan(and proud of it).Just because I dont drink the Matty Ice kool aid doesnt make me any less of a fan than you..Sorry its not all roses around here for you...Maybe we should start a rated G forum for you..Or you can request to join the pure football forum and sit in there all alone.