• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Justice is sometimes Just us and people like you have no problems with that but you probably can't understand this statement either. I'm done speaking with you. Say what you will but you and others like you will always be stuck on stupid.

At least I'm not in love with a convicted felon. :D

He is getting his money that is a FACT

:lol: He isn't going to receive a salary for being in prison. Your username is a definite.

he signed a legal binding contract with the Atlanta falcons, and he can sue if not given his money. So if they release him, they lose the money...and If they keep him they also lose the money, so why wouldnt they keep him and put him to use even if its just as a waterboy, its better than getting nothing out of him

He is receiving nothing right now. Look it up. When he gets out, he won't be owed back-pay either. The only way he will receive money while in jail is if we release him. And when he gets out, if the commissioner decides to give him a lifetime ban, it's bye bye for him and any current contract.

:lol: He isn't going to receive a salary for being in prison. Your username is a definite.

He is receiving nothing right now. Look it up. When he gets out, he won't be owed back-pay either. The only way he will receive money while in jail is if we release him. And when he gets out, if the commissioner decides to give him a lifetime ban, it's bye bye for him and any current contract.

I understand he isnt recieving money in jail, I thought we were talking about when he gets out. Assuming, the commisionner feels he is already been punished enough and reinstates him immediately, he is under contract with the Atlanta Falcons and they can cut him and lose the remainder of the contract, or keep him and get something for their money...which would you choose, assuming he is reinstated?

Every stadium Michael Vick stepped into sold out. The NFL is a business and a lifetime band for the guy with the number 1 selling jersey for years is not smart for business.

I understand he isnt recieving money in jail, I thought we were talking about when he gets out. Assuming, the commisionner feels he is already been punished enough and reinstates him immediately, he is under contract with the Atlanta Falcons and they can cut him and lose the remainder of the contract, or keep him and get something for their money...which would you choose, assuming he is reinstated?

Think about it, is a suspension while he is in jail really punishment at all? It's like slapping a quadriplegic on the wrist. it means nothing. The final NFL punishment will be decided once he tries to reinstate himself. You can probably expect at least a year.

My choice is that we wait until he is released so we don't lose money. Work out a new deal before trying to trade him to make him:

A: more of a bargain to teams who don't want high risk

AND

b: Less of a burden if we are forced to cut him.

If the stiff punishment comes down on him, of course we cut him.

Every stadium Michael Vick stepped into sold out. The NFL is a business and a lifetime band for the guy with the number 1 selling jersey for years is not smart for business.

Don't you comprehend that all of his past achievements are irrelevant after he became the PR nightmare? His jersey sales aren't going to be the same. If any stadium sells out for his new team, it will be for the media circus.

Don't give me that "Every one loves Mike Vick" stuff. It's not true anymore.

Vick should be back for ONLY special team purposes. Punt Returning, Kick off Returns, or a RB/WR used for trick plays. Nothing more or get rid of him. We got a bright future with Matt Ryan for the long term and Vick will be nothing but a disease for the team and for the city of ATLANTA if he is the back-up QB.

Think about it, is a suspension while he is in jail really punishment at all? It's like slapping a quadriplegic on the wrist. it means nothing. The final NFL punishment will be decided once he tries to reinstate himself. You can probably expect at least a year.

My choice is that we wait until he is released so we don't lose money. Work out a new deal before trying to trade him to make him:

A: more of a bargain to teams who don't want high risk

AND

b: Less of a burden if we are forced to cut him.

If the stiff punishment comes down on him, of course we cut him.

The slap hs me rolling! As soon as his legal troubles are over he will be reinstated, he bring millions to the entire league. The stadiums will be packed by those like me that want him to succeed and those that hate him but he will pack stadiums with his presense.

Vick is not coming back!

The guy will bring too much unwanted attention to our team again!

We've moved on with Ryan and he has done a pretty good job for being a rookie!

Vick will either be trade bait if the comish lets him return or the comish might not let him return and he'll just be one of your memories!

all the losing has brought plenty of unwanted attention

If it's practical, what's it based on then?

Does the indefinite suspension from the harsh Commissioner looking to make examples not factor into the practical thinking?

An indefinite suspension does not seem to be cost effective to me. I get past the insults and opinions and look at it in a business sense.

A. When/if his legal problems end he is still a media draw.

B. If he is anywhere near the athlete he was he will create revenue where ever he goes

C. He brought hundreds of millions of dollars to the NFL and the potential for that is still there.

Regardless of these idiots on here say money is the oblective of the NFL. Not creating role models or enforcing strong Christian beliefs.

An indefinite suspension does not seem to be cost effective to me. I get past the insults and opinions and look at it in a business sense.

B. If he is anywhere near the athlete he was he will create revenue where ever he goes

C. He brought hundreds of millions of dollars to the NFL and the potential for that is still there.

Regardless of these idiots on here say money is the oblective of the NFL. Not creating role models or enforcing strong Christian beliefs.

1: A negative media draw isn't what the commissioner wants. Factor that into your thinking. That is a fact.

2: He won't be the same athlete, he may still have something left but nowhere as explosive. A team would have to ignore these other factors before even giving him a chance.

3: To think everyone else is going to just forget that he's a dog killing gambler(don't even argue the morals, this is the view of society) is living in a dream. A pipe dream. That isn't practical.

And all of this is factored into the situation IF he is allowed to return. From the looks of the indefinite suspension, he will have to try every year. I guess it's a way to punish him more harsh than putting a time line on it. He'll never know when it ends.

He disrespected fans, was involved in illegal gambling, committed disgusting crimes against animals(no moral argument here either, this is also a public sentiment), lied to his owner and the commissioner when they both just wanted the truth from him. He has admitted to drug use and so forth.

The chips are stacked against him here. Sorry to break it to ya. That's my most objective view on his situation.

So now it's about "role models" or "strong Christian beliefs"...

I guess you think lying to the NFL Commish, NFL owner, smoking weed, running an inner-state dog fighting gambling ring, after all his previous media sideshow put-ons that they are just going to let him walk.

No, in a bussiness since, you don't allow a circus act to come back. Heck, if it was any other job, he would have been fired a LONG time ago.

A negative media draw isn't what the commissioner wants. Factor that into your thinking. That is a fact.

He won't be the same athlete, he may still have something left but nowhere as explosive. A team would have to ignore these other factors before even giving him a chance.

To think everyone else is going to just forget that he's a dog killing gambler(don't even argue the morals, this is the view of society) is living in a dream. A pipe dream. That isn't practical.

And all this is factored in IF he is allowed to return. From the looks of the indefinite suspension, he will have to try every year. I guess it's a way to punish him more harsh than putting a time line on it. He'll never know when it ends.

He disrespected fans, was involved in illegal gambling, committed disgusting crimes against animals(no moral argument here either, this is also a public sentiment), lied to his owner and the commissioner when they both just wanted the truth from him. He has admitted to drug use and so forth.

The chips are stacked against him here. Sorry to break it to ya. That's my most objective view on his situation.

You are entitled to your point of view but unless you are the commissioner you can't state a fact about what the commissioner will do. All I can do is say what I think will happen and wait to see what really does. That's my idea of practical thinking, not stating my opinion as fact and not accepting some one elses as fact either. I look as the driving force behind all of it... money.

You are entitled to your point of view but unless you are the commissioner you can't state a fact about what the commissioner will do. All I can do is say what I think will happen and wait to see what really does. That's my idea of practical thinking, not stating my opinion as fact and not accepting some one elses as fact either. I look as the driving force behind all of it... money.

If it was all about "money" then Roger wouldn't be all over the league with suspensions and personal conduct suspensions.