Ive been checking the afmb message boards for quite a few years now...... Never been one for posting but I have been a fan for a while.....

SO i decided to make MY first post a positive one.....

I've been here through some of our stimulating debates.....(Vick over chandler.....Schaub over vick....Shockley over harrington).....been through the ups and downs only falcons fans know....This is the first time I have seen some real promise in our FUTURE. FUTURE.....not today not now......but in the future....

I see all of these hateful messages bashing matt ryan.......how he isn't mike vick.....how he is a bust.....he has played 4 games.....4...

I am so pleased with the things i have seen out of him and of this entire team. Its the first time i have felt like we are starting to have a true football TEAM. Don't get me wrong, when Vick was a falcon I loved to watch him...and even last year, I supported our disaster throughout the entire season......but i just didnt get that feeling that things were about to get better.....now they are....and I keep hearing how much better vick was or this guy or that guy.......but well I hate to tell you this....but Vick is an inmate in a federal prison. He's not coming back......I hope he succeeds somewhere in the NFL because I will still love to watch his highlights, but I'm done wondering about "what could have been"

And if you are one of the people who think that NEXT year Ryan is going to be a seasoned vet, then you are probably setting yourself up for some headache. He will realistically struggle for a while.....but i am AMAZED at how much improvement I have seen thus far..... Much more than I expected.....We are a rebuilding team, but we are actually BUILDING this time.....Maybe we could show some support for a young quarterback who wants to see the falcons win probably more than most of us.....I understand pointing out mistakes, but they are usually SEMI-intelligent......Lately they are getting insane.....I mean if we are going to fantasize about vick being a falcon, why not just bring in Manning, or Brady, or Favre (oh wait he was.....sorry couldn't resist that one)......Ryan is the future of our franchise.......Be ready to endure some growing pains for a WHILE......if you want vick there's always YOUTUBE or old madden games......then you can run around and throw bombs all day .....woohoo

There are people who understand - and I mean truly understand football and then there are those who are still hurt over circumstances beyond their control and wish to strike out. They take pleasure in every failure and fear what we are becoming. This is their time to shine for as we improve, they will have less and less to pick out and criticize.

Just be patient. If we do not respond to the garbage and let them have their own discussions - the board will slowly return to normal. As we improve over the next couple of years, they will fade away or change their name and pretend to be fans. Doesn't really matter.

Now, I just pick and choose what I will respond to, which threads are worth my time and which threads and posters are not worth wasting my day over. I suggest you do the same - really all we can do.

GO FALCONS

Smart People > Idiots. Its not our faults people have no life to come on here and start bashing everything about this team and not realizing that this team is about getting better and learning from every experience they will go through. 4 games, its been 4 and people on here expect us to be 4-0. We could be if a couple of plays went our way but it didn't. This team will learn from it and move forward.

I am calling all you no life's out there who have nothing better to do than whine, complain and ***** about this team. If you guys can't realize how much time your wasting whining, than your more of an idiot that i thought you were.

Of course its not fun to lose but even the great teams or players lose. Michael Jordan has lost before, Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, Muhammad Ali, all the greats have lost before but its how you bounce back and learn from the experience.

I know some of the Ryan critics are serious, but I think most of it is posters getting back at the posters who vilified Vick ( you remember: the way he talked, his cornrows, etc) but now say that we have to have patience and support for Ryan "because he's a real leader" (translation: he looks like me)

I think it's the hypocrisy that they're picking at. If you will read some of the posts, you'll see that many of them--while supporting Ryan--will still take a shot at Vick.

That then brings out his defenders.

Of course, there are also those who are just stirring something up.

Ive been checking the afmb message boards for quite a few years now...... Never been one for posting but I have been a fan for a while.....

SO i decided to make MY first post a positive one.....

I've been here through some of our stimulating debates.....(Vick over chandler.....Schaub over vick....Shockley over harrington).....been through the ups and downs only falcons fans know....This is the first time I have seen some real promise in our FUTURE. FUTURE.....not today not now......but in the future....

I see all of these hateful messages bashing matt ryan.......how he isn't mike vick.....how he is a bust.....he has played 4 games.....4...

I am so pleased with the things i have seen out of him and of this entire team. Its the first time i have felt like we are starting to have a true football TEAM. Don't get me wrong, when Vick was a falcon I loved to watch him...and even last year, I supported our disaster throughout the entire season......but i just didnt get that feeling that things were about to get better.....now they are....and I keep hearing how much better vick was or this guy or that guy.......but well I hate to tell you this....but Vick is an inmate in a federal prison. He's not coming back......I hope he succeeds somewhere in the NFL because I will still love to watch his highlights, but I'm done wondering about "what could have been"

And if you are one of the people who think that NEXT year Ryan is going to be a seasoned vet, then you are probably setting yourself up for some headache. He will realistically struggle for a while.....but i am AMAZED at how much improvement I have seen thus far..... Much more than I expected.....We are a rebuilding team, but we are actually BUILDING this time.....Maybe we could show some support for a young quarterback who wants to see the falcons win probably more than most of us.....I understand pointing out mistakes, but they are usually SEMI-intelligent......Lately they are getting insane.....I mean if we are going to fantasize about vick being a falcon, why not just bring in Manning, or Brady, or Favre (oh wait he was.....sorry couldn't resist that one)......Ryan is the future of our franchise.......Be ready to endure some growing pains for a WHILE......if you want vick there's always YOUTUBE or old madden games......then you can run around and throw bombs all day .....woohoo

VICK IS STILL ON THE ROSTER AND NEEDS SUPPORT FROM THE FANS ALSO