Images* of Where I Live/Come From

Me too. I've been wanting to go to central and western South America for a long time. I have so much I want to see in person.

when i went to cancun in '05, i got to see chichen itza which is just amazing. i'm into all kinds of history and love getting to see ancient ruins like i did then. here's a few pics from that trip.

a cenote that we visited...

Cancun085.jpg

check out the barrier's......just gives you an idea of their culture.

Cancun063.jpg

wall of skulls

Cancun067.jpg

captain of winning ball game team

Cancun076.jpg

captain of the losing team after being decapitated.

Cancun075.jpg

eagle eating a heart

Cancun059.jpg

largest ball court discovered in the americas

Cancun069.jpg

ball court goal

Cancun068.jpg

main pyramid

Cancun082.jpg

main pyramid again

Cancun058.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your deal? I mean do you really have so few friends and contacts in your life that you need to come pollute this place?

And mods, the fact that this is the 6th or 7th screen name that this guy is allowed to have it a pathetic lapse on your part. These boards are intolerable recently.

I thought in a public forum we are all entitled to our own opinions?? You can say yes, but not if they are offensive...but offensive is subjective and has a different meaning for all. I for one didn't find that post offensive or racist in any way, shape, or form. I felt your post deriding the man without him every talking about you was offensive however, so who gets the deciding factor, why can't we just say anything and nobody gets offended...its just letters on a screen people... B)

I thought in a public forum we are all entitled to our own opinions?? You can say yes, but not if they are offensive...but offensive is subjective and has a different meaning for all. I for one didn't find that post offensive or racist in any way, shape, or form. I felt your post deriding the man without him every talking about you was offensive however, so who gets the deciding factor, why can't we just say anything and nobody gets offended...its just letters on a screen people... B)

That poster is a troll and complete trash as evidenced by his now nonexistent posts or topics. Good thing you are defending a racist troll though.

And for what it is worth, the poster sent me a pm not 5 minutes before that, which I found offensive. It is the poster jjooee who keeps adopting different screen names to pollute this board. Try to keep up kid...

Here, he is back now...go see for yourself:

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3805235

I'm sure you guys can discuss lots of neat things :rolleyes:

Womfalcs, just a question for you. I have always wanted to go to Eqypt, I took two years of Arabic just to be able to communicate a little bit when I got there. In all honesty, everyone I have met from there are very nice people, although very outspoken politically. I know you are from Saudi, but do you have any impressions of what it would be like for a non-stereotypical American to spend a few weeks there? I have gotten the feeling of late, that I may have missed my window...

looks like a nice place.

imagine if it did look like that though it would be sweet

Yeah, the nice and not so nice parts are literally split down the middle by a road. On my side (The nice side, all those photos take on this side), has a farm, all the parish council (village council) live over here, nice community.

The other side is full of unemployed lazy scumbags. One girl over there had a baby at 15. One guy got busted for armed robbery, to pay for his addictions to crack and heroin. Lots of vandalism as well.

I haven't been there in 20 years, but here's where I grew up:

*These are not my photos

incirlik1.jpg

Gate to the Air Force base in Incirlik, Turkey.

incirlik3.jpg

Cards WR Larry Fitzgerald on a visit playing catch with some kids on the base. I had my head split open with a bat, my knee ripped open by a rock, and my nose broken by a ball on this field in just 2 years of little league.

incirlik10.jpg

This picture was taken in June when it's constantly in the upper 90's, yet the Taurus Mountains in the background always had snow on them.

incirlik8.jpg

Snake Castle, which is about 15 miles from where I lived. We'd often climb up, have a picnic, and explore the ruins. I nearly fell off it once.

incirlik4.jpg

Castle in the Sea in Mersin. This is a beach we'd go to often that was about 45 minutes from where I lived. At 10 years old, I could walk a good part of the way to the castle as the beaches there get deep very gradually. There is also a castle on the beach right next to where this photo was taken. On the way to Mersin, you pass through the city of Tarsus, which is where Marc Antony and Cleopatra met.

adana6.jpg

Adana, Turkey. About a 15 minute drive from where I lived. Had many friends who lived in the city and would visit and stay with them often.

adana5.jpg

A view from the streets of Adana.

adana1.jpg

Central Mosque in Adana. The view at night is awesome, as is the interior.

incirlik5.jpg

Old bridge leading to Adana that was built by the Romans.

adanakebap.jpg

Adana has it's own kebap. It's a mixture of ground lamb and beef, and is pretty spicy. You can get it at any Turkish restaraunt, and it is beyond delicious!

Womfalcs, just a question for you. I have always wanted to go to Eqypt, I took two years of Arabic just to be able to communicate a little bit when I got there. In all honesty, everyone I have met from there are very nice people, although very outspoken politically. I know you are from Saudi, but do you have any impressions of what it would be like for a non-stereotypical American to spend a few weeks there? I have gotten the feeling of late, that I may have missed my window...

The Egyptian dialect is often very different than formal Arabic, just to point that out. I know it well because there are a lot of Egyptians in Saudi (Most of my teachers were Egyptian), and my family has many life connections there... Plus most of the entertainment industry in the Arab world is centered in Egypt (Known as the Hollywood of Arabia).

Egyptians are familiar with tourists since they have a big tourism sector. I can't talk about 100% of Egyptians, but you will not likely face any issues.

I'm sure you'd encounter those who are very political in their conversations, but most will not be like that. When I've been to Egypt the countless times in my life, I don't remember politics being involved in any talks I had. Mainly local soccer clubs, entertainment, partying, etc.. This as Saudis often see more resentment from non-Gulf countries compared to other Arabs, due to many of us behaving poorly while abroad.