Smack Free NFC South discussion

ThunderCookie

I am interested to learn more about the matchups we will see this weekend. I am hoping to see what people think about THEIR team. There are plenty of threads for "we roxes! you do be da suxes!"

1. What is your biggest strength?

2.What is your biggest weakness?

3. How does your opponent match up with those?

4. What will it mean if your team wins?

5.What will it mean if your team loses?

I am interested to learn more about the matchups we will see this weekend. I am hoping to see what people think about THEIR team. There are plenty of threads for "we roxes! you do be da suxes!"

I'd have to say that our biggest strength would have to be our run blocking or our LB corp.

Play calling is to vanilla

I haven't seen the Falcons too much this year, but I think we match up well. We've held both Adrian Peterson and LT under 100 yards rushing this year, and it looks like the run game is a huge strength for ATL. Hopefully we can shut down the run early to eliminate the effectiveness of the play action.

3-1 overall, 1-0 in the conference. I think the only way an NFC South team makes the playoffs is by taking the conference...plus it's always good to beat the Falcons.

It won't be crucial overall, but I feel we should win this game...because THEY say we're suppose to.

Of course from a Falcons point of view I say:

1. Running game

2. The DL inspite of Abe

3. They will try and put 8/9 in the box...try and run at us or provide great protection in the passing game

4. We would be on top the division. A force to be reckoned with considering the game was for 1st place on the road!

5. Well , we're still rebuilding in the first year of the new plan with a rook at QB, and we are already ahead of expectations!

ok...

1. Defense / The will to never give up.

2.Our offense...

3. Rodgers is on fire, But it is his first year as a starter, And he hasn't seen anything like the Bucs defense yet. I Also like our offense only because of 2 reason. 1. Al Harris will not play, and 2. We are playing at home.

4. It will show that we are For real this year. Hey if we can beat the Packers, we can beat anyone.

5.Not a **** thing! 1 loss will NEVER define my bucs! Not in a million years...

The run game

our pass rush without abraham

carolina has done pretty good against the run so far, but i think turner and norwood could give them a challenge. if we lost abraham our pass rush would suck and it would maybe expose our corners more and then #89 could probably eat us alive.

big confidence builder, it may show the league and us that we are capable of winning games this year. the next 3 games after CAR will be @ GB (should be tough), VS CHI (should be tough), BYE and then @ PHI (probably the toughest team all year). then we get a break against oakland. if we could beat CAR, it would give us more momentum and maybe we could upset the young packer team or maybe the bears in week 6.

not a whole lot. we are a rebuilding team afterall, but i'd much rather have a win leaving CAR. nobody expects us to win the division anyway.

great thread by the way hail razor. we've seen what a fan from every team had to say so far except for saints fans. come on saints and get in on the fun!

i've been trying too do this since i joined, but it always turns into a smack thread.

our passing game and play making ability, top 5 in the nfl.

the lcb position, teams rarely go to the right and have success when mckenzie is on that side. he's underrated.

i feel good about it, the 9ers are looking good. but it's against bad teams. they haven't faced a great offense yet, so we'll watch and see.

that we'll be 2-2 and 2nd in the division. that's about it.

if we were at full strength i'd say panic time, but we're nowhere near it. losing our lg today for 4 weeks, but it isn't a big blow. he's terrible and we've got a good young guard that everyone want's too see and was reported as outplaying nesbit but he got the call cuz of expierence.

1. We have a top QB.

2. Run blocking.

3. 4 times in 3 games we couldn't pick up a yard. Or we could easly be 3-0.

1. What is your biggest strength? offense/passing game, obviously.

2.What is your biggest weakness? injuries to key players, offense and defense.

Defense needs to get back intact to gel.

3. How does your opponent match up with those? 1-2 says it all,

but I saw promise with some guys coming back from IR last game.

4. What will it mean if your team wins? Keeping pace in the division.

5.What will it mean if your team loses? Losing pace in the division.

Heart.

Toughness (which technically covers all the inuries).

SF has us beat on the second, but probably not the first.

X-factor: playing the 49ers is like Scooby Snacks for Reggie. All you haters might want to avoid ESPN all week, even if we lose. Reggie is going to go crazy.

That we're 2-2. Unless it's a spectacular win, in which case it means WE'RE BACK (dynasty, ect).

That we're 1-3. Unless we lose in such a fashion that's somehow a new low for our franchise, in which case I'll probably kick my dog.

Toughness

Offensive consistency. Play calling.

Green Bay is a pretty **** tough team. If we get Davin Joseph Back, that will give our Offense a much needed boost. I think it's a tall order for Rodgers to come into hostile territory and win against a very opportunistic D

We're 3-1 and have beaten two good teams in the NFC, nearly beating another good (providing they can beat the lowly 49'ers) Saints team.

We're overmatched, and we're the same overall mediocre Bucs team that's been fielded since the Superbowl. Without a decent offense, that's what we'll always be. I'm tired of seeing this defense carry the team.

6. What's the biggest question mark on your team right now?

Left guard. Jamar Nesbit just got suspended for 4 games for anabolic 'roids. While Nesbit sucked at run blocking, he was a big part of why Brees is hardly ever sacked. Rookie Nicks will be filling in for him. The coaches are pretty high on this kid, but he is still a rook.

Colston, Shockey, Stecker, Randall Gay, and now Nesbit .... this is gonna be a LOOOOONG 4-6 weeks .............

Left guard. Jamar Nesbit just got suspended for 4 games for anabolic 'roids. While Nesbit sucked at run blocking, he was a big part of why Brees is hardly ever sacked. Rookie Nicks will be filling in for him. The coaches are pretty high on this kid, but he is still a rook.

Colston, Shockey, Stecker, Randall Gay, and now Nesbit .... this is gonna be a LOOOOONG 4-6 weeks .............

Injuries, suspensions, and anything like that can create wholes and question marks for most teams. Now its time to see how the backups perform.

Good Lord. Sounds like the injury bug that bit Carolina and Atlanta a few years back.