We owe the Bucs a debt of gratitude

ThunderCookie

I hope we get a little chin music payback in the dome, see if the home refs show up for us.

:D

Sounds good to me. I'd like to see Abe lay a few licks on on Griese myself after that crap Tampa pulled. No anger involved just payback for thier kindness.

Thats how we should show our "Gratitude".

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it sounds odd, but Tampa Bay did us a favor.

First, they brought us back to earth. We knew we weren't going 16-0, but Detroit didn't truly test us. Tampa Bay exposed every weakness the has and that helps. The coaches will be able to pour over the film for hours, and that will certainly make us better down the road. It made our young players realize that they will have to fight for every win.

Second, they made Ryan the true leader of the team. Forget whether hit was late, high, or low. His team saw Sunday (and even more as they watch the film) that this high paid rookie is tough. How can a player want to lay to down when the one player on the team who isn't supposed to get hit gets pummeled. And then he stands back up and goes right back to work.

Lastly, they welcomed a group of newbies to the NFC South. No matter what the talent level, when NFC South teams play each other it becomes Thunderdome. Hard hits, legal and other wise, are the soup du jour and they are served all day.

So, while it may have been a hard loss for some to take, it was for the best. The Bucs took us to school, but these Falcons are star students.

Good points..............good post.

First, they brought us back to earth. We knew we weren't going 16-0, but Detroit didn't truly test us. Tampa Bay exposed every weakness the has and that helps. The coaches will be able to pour over the film for hours, and that will certainly make us better down the road. It made our young players realize that they will have to fight for every win.

Second, they made Ryan the true leader of the team. Forget whether hit was late, high, or low. His team saw Sunday (and even more as they watch the film) that this high paid rookie is tough. How can a player want to lay to down when the one player on the team who isn't supposed to get hit gets pummeled. And then he stands back up and goes right back to work.

Lastly, they welcomed a group of newbies to the NFC South. No matter what the talent level, when NFC South teams play each other it becomes Thunderdome. Hard hits, legal and other wise, are the soup du jour and they are served all day.

So, while it may have been a hard loss for some to take, it was for the best. The Bucs took us to school, but these Falcons are star students.

Mr. Ryan met a real NFL defense, and we will see if he is a real NFL QB in the coming weeks.

Now we don't. Sorry, but those dirty Hits at a Rookie Franchise QB were just way too much. Just imagine if Ryan would have a serious Injury now, and couldn't play anymore...we would be so totally screwed!

And all late Hits were almost exactly at the same Spot, like they literally wanted to break his Bones AT LEAST.

Now we don't. Sorry, but those dirty Hits at a Rookie Franchise QB were just way too much. Just imagine if Ryan would have a serious Injury now, and couldn't play anymore...we would be so totally screwed!

And all late Hits were almost exactly at the same Spot, like they literally wanted to break his Bones AT LEAST.

It's a long season, the QB in Kansas City, Brodie Croyle was supposed to be franchise QB, but he can't stay healthy or on the field. Time will tell with Matty Franchise.

I'm with you. I have faith that this group of guys we have will learn from this experiance unlike the previous teams we had here that never learned from the beatings they took. The league has film. Let's see how these guys adjust on Sunday.

Why can't the falcons board be politics free? I am not republican and neither I nor any member of my family or friends have been on welfare.

We face the greatest economic challenges since the Great Depression, and all you can think about is who's on welfare.

You realize that your entire post is just laden with irony don't you? ^_^

Could not agree more, you actually beat me to my own post......dammit!

Why can't the falcons board be politics free? I am not republican and neither I nor any member of my family or friends have been on welfare.

We face the greatest economic challenges since the Great Depression, and all you can think about is who's on welfare.

Look at the other side of the argument...

Board signatures like that are like bumper stickers on cars...

You can grade the intelligence of the driver/message board member by thinking that the statement on the bumper sticker, or in this case in their signature block, is so profound to them that they felt compelled to "share" it...

Thinking about it like that kinda puts things back in perspective...

You can grade the intelligence of the driver/message board member by thinking that the statement on the bumper sticker, or in this case in their signature block, is so profound to them that they felt compelled to "share" it...

Or maybe the driver/poster just thought it was funny as hell, and just put it on their bumper/in their sig 'cause it makes them laugh.

If you are offended by it, that's YOUR problem. ;)

I've seen ALOT of pro-Obama sigs that I think are in bad taste......the difference between you and I is that I recognize that using that garbage is their right, and have no business commenting on it. Some folks just can't help themselves.

I've seen ALOT of pro-Obama sigs that I think are in bad taste......the difference between you and I is that I recognize that using that garbage is their right, and have no business commenting on it. Some folks just can't help themselves.

~snicker~

And just because you DON'T have the same image in YOUR signature, I don't go around thinking that I'm smarter/better than you. <_<

You don't know a dam thing about me, yet you're gonna judge me based on something I stick in a sig on a message board?

Get over yourself already ......

~snicker~

And just because you DON'T have the same image in YOUR signature, I don't go around thinking that I'm smarter/better than you. <_<

You don't know a dam thing about me, yet you're gonna judge me based on something I stick in a sig on a message board?

Get over yourself already ......

LOL, I was referring to the guy who called you out.....but ok :lol:

Honestly, your statements could have applied to EITHER side.

I really took no offense at what you said. You just came off sounding pretentious .....

I'm just ready for the whole thing to be over....I've made my choice, as has most others, and I see no point for the endless sniping and whining by both sides.

I understand where you coming from, but this isn't "adversity is fun". I personally think the team learned a lot and not just by virtue of Tampa being the better team. But I guess if you subscribe to the belief that a loss is just a loss, then there really isn't much to discuss then.

The following is a portion of an AJC article written by Carroll Rogers entitled "Ryan suffers through film session of first NFL loss"...

"Complicating matters for Ryan throughout the game was Tampa’s pass rush. He was sacked four times and was hit 14 others. And word spread around the Falcons camp that Ryan took some cheap shots, and not just on Greg White’s roughing-the-passer penalty.Center Todd McClure said despite Ryan’s struggles — he finished 13-for-33 for 158 yards in the 24-9 loss — he wasn’t rattled in the huddle.

“Complicating matters for Ryan throughout the game was Tampa’s pass rush. He was sacked four times and was hit 14 others. And word spread around the Falcons camp that Ryan took some cheap shots, and not just on Greg White’s roughing-the-passer penalty.Center Todd McClure said despite Ryan’s struggles — he finished 13-for-33 for 158 yards in the 24-9 loss — he wasn’t rattled in the huddle.

“He never seemed to be shook up or anything,” McClure said. “The only time was late in the game when they took some cheap shots on him — you could tell he was hurting. It would have been easy for him to come out, but he stayed in there and finished the game. I knew he was in some pain but he stuck through it.”

That’s something that doesn’t show up on film but does in the minds of his teammates.

“We’ve got a very young quarterback,” linebacker Keith Brooking said. “He was put in a very tough situation. He made a couple mistakes to begin the game, but I think you can see what he’s about, the way he fought back and we got back in the ball game.”

B)

I'm just ready for the whole thing to be over....I've made my choice, as has most others, and I see no point for the endless sniping and whining by both sides.

Oh, and for the record ... I am a registered INDEPENDANT in the state of Georgia. I really DID think this bumper sticker (received in an email along with a bunch of other crap) was just funny.

Oh, and for the record ... I am a registered INDEPENDANT in the state of Georgia. I really DID think this bumper sticker (received in an email along with a bunch of other crap) was just funny.

hehe, I'm a registered independent in Fla. I actually credit the Left for me making my mind up so soon.....waaaaaay too much hatred on that side for my liking.