Actually by the definition of ignorance, I believe your post is most deserving of that title. Unless you've never driven after drinking two beers you better STFU.

I don't drive after having two beers. I don't drive after having ONE beer. Back in the 70s, I did it all the time. Back in the 70s, a DUI MIGHT result in a fine of a couple hundred dollars and losing my job didn't factor in. Now days, you're looking at BIG fines, BIG insurance, and a possible loss of your job. I have a security clearance and I will lose it if I get a DUI. I know this and therefore I don't drink and drive, PERIOD. I've grown up, at least in that regard. Again, the point is not whether or not I can drive home safely. I am absolutely certain that I can, but that's not how the law is written. If your blood alcohol is above a certain limit, you get charged. Period. There is absolutely no excuse for drinking and driving. I love to drink and I love to drive, but I NEVER mix the two. I know that if I get pulled over for ANY reason, especially at 4 AM, the question of me drinking WILL be asked. Being over the legal limit is NOT the time to debate the DUI laws. Right now, if you drink more than a beer or two, you WILL be cited. Everyone knows this. There's no excuse. If you drink and drive, you have no one but yourself to blame if you get caught. Man up and pay the penalty or don't drink and drive.

It blows my mind that everyone starts explaining how well they can drink and drive at the same time. The current law is NOT about whether you feel drunk or not. It's about how much alcohol is in your system. For good or bad, that's the way the law is written. Either change the law, don't drink and drive, or stop whining if you get busted. Personally, I would like to see weed legalized, but as it stands RIGHT NOW, if I get busted for weed, I have no one to blame but me. Again, debating the law is something you do BEFORE you get busted.

Call it pride, poor judgement, or lack of common sense, the man got pulled over and blew over the limit. He could have gotten a cab. It was freakin' Gwinnet County. Are there no cabs in Gwinnet? Is Lawyer Milloy so disliked by team mates and management that he couldn't call SOMEBODY to get him home? Was he totally oblivious to the fact that DUI is frowned upon in the NFL? Lawyer is a supposed to be a grown-azz man. He needs to take care of his BUSINESS like one.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't drive after having two beers. I don't drive after having ONE beer. Back in the 70s, I did it all the time. Back in the 70s, a DUI MIGHT result in a fine of a couple hundred dollars and losing my job didn't factor in. Now days, you're looking at BIG fines, BIG insurance, and a possible loss of your job. I have a security clearance and I will lose it if I get a DUI. I know this and therefore I don't drink and drive, PERIOD. I've grown up, at least in that regard. Again, the point is not whether or not I can drive home safely. I am absolutely certain that I can, but that's not how the law is written. If your blood alcohol is above a certain limit, you get charged. Period. There is absolutely no excuse for drinking and driving. I love to drink and I love to drive, but I NEVER mix the two. I know that if I get pulled over for ANY reason, especially at 4 AM, the question of me drinking WILL be asked. Being over the legal limit is NOT the time to debate the DUI laws. Right now, if you drink more than a beer or two, you WILL be cited. Everyone knows this. There's no excuse. If you drink and drive, you have no one but yourself to blame if you get caught. Man up and pay the penalty or don't drink and drive.

It blows my mind that everyone starts explaining how well they can drink and drive at the same time. The current law is NOT about whether you feel drunk or not. It's about how much alcohol is in your system. For good or bad, that's the way the law is written. Either change the law, don't drink and drive, or stop whining if you get busted. Personally, I would like to see weed legalized, but as it stands RIGHT NOW, if I get busted for weed, I have no one to blame but me. Again, debating the law is something you do BEFORE you get busted.

Call it pride, poor judgement, or lack of common sense, the man got pulled over and blew over the limit. He could have gotten a cab. It was freakin' Gwinnet County. Are there no cabs in Gwinnet? Is Lawyer Milloy so disliked by team mates and management that he couldn't call SOMEBODY to get him home? Was he totally oblivious to the fact that DUI is frowned upon in the NFL? Lawyer is a supposed to be a grown-azz man. He needs to take care of his BUSINESS like one.

Thank you.

BTW, DUI is not a simple misdo in all cases in all states; however, I don't know about Georgia. Also, DUI does not apply to alcohol only, although it appears in this case it is alcohol.

Never in my life have I had one.
Serious as a heart attack. I think the limits are too low and are in place to generate money. I have a ton of friends who have been pulled over under the limit and STILL given DUIs.

I used to have a HUGE problem with drinking and getting behind the wheel (got out of three DUIs through some miracle), so I had to move closer to the bars so I could walk.

And again...people are trying to pull morality into it. Breaking the law is wrong, but on the "severity scale", DUI is pretty low. Now DWI gets a little worse, but they are two different things. ****, you can get a DUI on cough syrup or mouthwash.

Close enough... you shouldn't be one to dismiss anything when it comes to DUI's. :rolleyes:

Let me see if I understand this...

Everyone in the world knows that DUI is against the law and that bad things happen when people drive while under the influence; however, because bad things can happen when drivers aren't DUI, this somehow minimizes the DUI. What's more, since the worst possible thing(s) that could have happened didn't, this somehow makes Malloy's DUI "less bad" than someone else's DUI. In fact, since some/many of us have operated a vehicle when we shouldn't have, this somehow means Malloy's DUI isn't such a big deal.

OK, I think I get it now. <_<

Let me see if I understand this...

Everyone in the world knows that DUI is against the law and that bad things happen when people drive while under the influence; however, because bad things can happen when drivers aren't DUI, this somehow minimizes the DUI. What's more, since the worst possible thing(s) that could have happened didn't, this somehow makes Malloy's DUI "less bad" than someone else's DUI. In fact, since some/many of us have operated a vehicle when we shouldn't have, this somehow means Malloy's DUI isn't such a big deal.

OK, I think I get it now. <_<

Some of these people are flat out morons, reminds me of those that were defending dog fighting...

It doesn't but it is interesting to see that you've ONLY posted in the Milloy threads... and in almost every post you've managed to make yourself look pretty foolish. :lol:

Truth is ive been browsing this forum for years but only now found a thread with enough substance to it to warrant posting. I believe your the one who has made a fool of himself by using links that clearly do not support your argument. If you cant handle other peoples opinions why have you wasted your time 700+ times offering your own?

Truth is ive been browsing this forum for years but only now found a thread with enough substance to it to warrant posting. I believe your the one who has made a fool of himself by using links that clearly do not support your argument. If you cant handle other peoples opinions why have you wasted your time 700+ times offering your own?

I'm not the only one that thinks your posts and Duff's posts are way off base, I've provided one link that shows what the GA DU/DWI laws are and they DO support my arguement, which is simple, there is no reason to have a drink and then drive. Period. For whatever reason you disagree which is fine, but you've come off a as a fool every time you try to make a come back.. :lol: I can handle other peoples opinions, but I am vocal with the opinions that I find dumb. This isn't the first time this has happened though... people tried to defend dog fighting in a similar fashion too..

Word, some people wave off DUI but probably calls someone who shows emotion on the field a thug. Go figure.

right, we gotta keep it straight

dog fighting= should be put to death

showing emotion on the field= cancer

black player showing emotion on the field= thug cancer

Shooting at humans in Philly= its nothing, get back to practice

DUI- its nothing, get back to practice

humans lost

I'm not the only one that thinks your posts and Duff's posts are way off base, I've provided one link that shows what the GA DU/DWI laws are and they DO support my arguement, which is simple, there is no reason to have a drink and then drive. Period. For whatever reason you disagree which is fine, but you've come off a as a fool every time you try to make a come back.. :lol: I can handle other peoples opinions, but I am vocal with the opinions that I find dumb. This isn't the first time this has happened though... people tried to defend dog fighting in a similar fashion too..

A comeback to what? You haven't offered a single thought to this thread, all you do is try and cut people down and make yourself look like a badass. Seriously what is your augment? Mine is simple, its that the DUI laws need to be reformed and not dictated to us by a corrupt money making lobbyist group known as MADD.

Oh and I dont think there is anything wrong with the dog fighting laws, Mike got what he deserved.

Serious as a heart attack. I think the limits are too low and are in place to generate money. I have a ton of friends who have been pulled over under the limit and STILL given DUIs.

That's a totally different issue. That could happen if the limit was .08 or still .1. That's not about the limits, that's about some cop being on a power trip, or maybe he truly thought your friend was inebriated.

Also, in many states, refusing to take a breathalyzer is the same as being drunk.

And again...people are trying to pull morality into it. Breaking the law is wrong, but on the "severity scale", DUI is pretty low.

What if that DUI causes vehicular homicide?

Now DWI gets a little worse, but they are two different things. ****, you can get a DUI on cough syrup or mouthwash.

They're not two different things. They're the same things. It just depends on what your state calls it.