• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't twist words. Never said it was right or wrong. Only that it is a minor infraction.

Don't twist words?!?!? This is what you wrote:

I never consider a DUI to be all that big of a deal. These days, the laws are set up that you can barely have one beer and drive. DUIs are very common these days. Not a huge deal.

Are you out to prove how dumb you are today? Stop while you're "ahead". <_<:rolleyes:

I never consider a DUI to be all that big of a deal. These days, the laws are set up that you can barely have one beer and drive. DUIs are very common these days. Not a huge deal.

Of course, "Don't drink and drive" really doesn't seem that difficult to understand. BTW, just because a law being broken seems common around the league doesn't mean that it's not a big deal. Laws are laws, even if you disagree.

Let's wait until all the details are out first before I attack his character. Not a good decision on Lawyer's part. He's supposed to be the leader on and off the field, but how much can you expect. Another reason to miss Warrick Dunn....

Details?

It's a DUI. What more details do you need?

Once you are legally over the limit there is no way to justify driving a car... in court at least.

Unless it was a situation where he wasn't driving the car there's not much left to discuss.

Oh and I am not trying to act high and mighty about a DUI.

The front office is another story. Remember Darren Stone?

At least it wasn't John Abraham. THAT would be really bad.
It could have easily been him. I saw him and Coleman at a fine establishment after a game last year (the game that Coleman got injured in). They were both knocking em back. One if not both of them were probably driving. Like someone said earlier it doesn't take much to be over the limit.
Details?

It's a DUI. What more details do you need?

Once you are legally over the limit there is no way to justify driving a car... in court at least.

Unless it was a situation where he wasn't driving the car there's not much left to discuss.

Oh and I am not trying to act high and mighty about a DUI.

The front office is another story. Remember Darren Stone?

I highly doubt the front office does anything to a long time veteran with a SB ring as opposed to a second year player who couldn't win a starting job.

It could have easily been him. I saw him and Coleman at a fine establishment after a game last year (the game that Coleman got injured in). They were both knocking em back. One if not both of them were probably driving. Like someone said earlier it doesn't take much to be over the limit.

Abe is a recovered alcoholic.

Falcon Milloy arrested for DUI

By MIKE MORRIS, D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Monday, September 15, 2008

Atlanta Falcons veteran safety Lawyer Milloy was arrested for driving under the influence early Monday in Gwinnett County, jail records show.

Milloy, 34, also was charged with speeding.

Enlarge this image

Gwinnett County Sheriff's Department

Falcons safety Lawyer Milloy was charged with DUI early Monday.RELATED STORIES

Bucs capitalize on Ryan's early miscues

Smith: 'A learning experience' for young players

Falcons running attack stopped short

• More Falcons

Details of the arrest were not immediately available, but according to the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Department Web site, Milloy, who has a Buford address, was booked into the jail about 4:30 a.m.

Bond on the two charges was set at $1,601.

A Falcon team official said head coach Michael Smith would address it the situation at his previously scheduled 4:20 p.m. press conference.

Milloy could not be reached for comment Monday morning. A message left for Milloy’s agent, Carl Poston, at his Houston office was not immediately returned.

The Falcons on Sunday played at Tampa Bay, losing 24-9. It’s unlikely that Milloy’s playing time will be cut. He’s backed up by Jamaal Fudge, who was picked off waivers from Jacksonville on Sept. 2, and has been inactive for the first two games of the season.

Milloy, who played on two Super Bowl teams with the New England Patriots before joining the Falcons, is considered a leader both on the field and in the Falcons locker room.

With the Falcons trying to rebuild their fan base after last season’s tumultuous dogfighting guilty plea of quarterback Michael Vick and Coach Bobby Petrino leaving the team during the regular season, the news of Milloy’s arrest is hardly welcomed by the team and owner Arthur Blank.

In June, former Falcon safety Daren Stone, was arrested in downtown Atlanta and charged with driving under the influence. He was released from the team on Sept. 1.

Milloy, who’s playing in his 13th season in the NFL, has the longest tenure on the team of the every down players. Kicker Jason Elam is in his 15th year.

Milloy is in the last year of a contract that pays him $1.7 million and is hoping to get a contract extension or sign with another team after the season. He’s talked of finishing his career playing for his hometown team, the Seattle Seahawks, where former Falcons head coach Jim Mora is set to take over next season.

I highly doubt the front office does anything to a long time veteran with a SB ring as opposed to a second year player who couldn't win a starting job.

You never know.

He's also a vet that is supposed to provide an example to this youg team.

We probably won't cut him. Re-signing him is another story.

I hope we keep him. I was just commenting on how I think the team takes the "high character" thing a little too far.