I JUST WANT TO KNOW...

thempizzle

I was there. I was at the game... it was disgusting at times...

But... I really REALLY just want to know...

1st and goal at the 7... No touches for Turner.

1st and goal at the 4... No touches for Turner.

I don't care what anyone says, if you give Michael Turner the ball FOUR TIMES... (we were down 11, needed the TD bad)... he will get four yards.

Why did we rely on Ryan so much? Especially when he was clearly not having such a great day.

I like his poise... He was VERY rattled after the game, I saw him/overheard him talking to his family, he was very distraught and didnt sign any autographs...

I have some pictures coming.

TURNER. If we don't utilize him, we arent going anywhere. I like Norwood too... but they shouldnt be literally splitting carries.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there. I was at the game... it was disgusting at times...

But... I really REALLY just want to know...

1st and goal at the 7... No touches for Turner.

1st and goal at the 4... No touches for Turner.

I don't care what anyone says, if you give Michael Turner the ball FOUR TIMES... (we were down 11, needed the TD bad)... he will get four yards.

Why did we rely on Ryan so much? Especially when he was clearly not having such a great day.

I like his poise... He was VERY rattled after the game, I saw him/overheard him talking to his family, he was very distraught and didnt sign any autographs...

I have some pictures coming.

TURNER. If we don't utilize him, we arent going anywhere. I like Norwood too... but they shouldnt be literally splitting carries.

We lost because we put the game into the hands of our Rookie QB. There's no way to get around it. In these early stages of his career, Ryan is better suited as being a game manager. We were supposed to feature the run, which allows Ryan to kinda learn on the job. The first game was a PERFECT example of how we should play this season. Given, I figured we wouldn't run for 300yds against the Bucs, but that would've eliminated the two turnovers that led to Buc's TD's early in the game. Featuring the run also allows Ryan to work his way into the game without having to force passes which lead to turnovers. That was a problem he had in college, but he shouldn't have to force it with us because he has more talented players surrounding him here. There were a lot of fans clamoring for Ryan to get more pass attempts after last weeks win and all I could think was, "what are these people thinking????" He has some talent but he's a Rookie. Asking a Rookie QB to make more passes goes against the very purpose of featuring the run: Controlling the clock and LIMITING turnovers. If we get back to our game without trying to get too cute against Kansas, we'll probably see similar results to what we saw against the Lions last week. B)

Well, its good that Ryan got a lot of redzone experience today. Tampa's D is very good, and if he can learn from the mistakes that he made down there in the redzone this early in his career, he's going to be a great QB, not just good, for us down the line. He'll understand what Defenses are trying to throw at him during his pre-snap read, and he'll audible accordingly.

I thought Ryan showed off a lot of poise and toughness, but mentaly and physically, and thats whats going to make him such a good QB in this league.

Well, its good that Ryan got a lot of redzone experience today. Tampa's D is very good, and if he can learn from the mistakes that he made down there in the redzone this early in his career, he's going to be a great QB, not just good, for us down the line. He'll understand what Defenses are trying to throw at him during his pre-snap read, and he'll audible accordingly.

I thought Ryan showed off a lot of poise and toughness, but mentaly and physically, and thats whats going to make him such a good QB in this league.

His poise and calm were nice but 30-something attempts from a Rookie QB is a bit much, especially from a team supposedly dedicated to the run.

he didnt want to talk to any of the fans.

there was this one lady who kept bickering at him 'MATT MATT MATT" for an autograph.

she then said something like 'we need to get ourselves a new quarterback...i came down all the way down here to see YOU!"

it was really annoying.

a couple of us just wanted her to go away, his first road game and he's just trying to talk to his family.

his dad apologized to lady saying he was in a bad mood. i told him to not listen to her as he walked away. lol. straight from his fathers lips, he was in a bad mood.

His poise and calm were nice but 30-something attempts from a Rookie QB is a bit much, especially from a team supposedly dedicated to the run.

Not only that but on 1st and goal from the FOUR!!!!!!

really??!

Turner UP THE MIDDLE. 4 TIMES. even if he gets 1 yard every time... i mean, come on... was his 220 yard performance not enough to earn him his share of carries?

He should be our FRANCHISE player. He is the one we should lean on.

I have to agree...but Ryan has a lot of film to digest and learn from now. He wouldn't have a better chance to learn form these mistakes if he only threw the ball 15-20 times. Its good that he got valuable playing time and experience against a solid defense which he hasnt seent he last of. This game will give Ryan a lot to work with as far as what he needs to improve on.

Not only that but on 1st and goal from the FOUR!!!!!!

really??!

Turner UP THE MIDDLE. 4 TIMES. even if he gets 1 yard every time... i mean, come on... was his 220 yard performance not enough to earn him his share of carries?

He should be our FRANCHISE player. He is the one we should lean on.

Matt Ryan is our Franchise player. He's the Face of the Franchise.

he didnt want to talk to any of the fans.

there was this one lady who kept bickering at him 'MATT MATT MATT" for an autograph.

she then said something like 'we need to get ourselves a new quarterback...i came down all the way down here to see YOU!"

it was really annoying.

a couple of us just wanted her to go away, his first road game and he's just trying to talk to his family.

his dad apologized to lady saying he was in a bad mood. i told him to not listen to her as he walked away. lol. straight from his fathers lips, he was in a bad mood.

That sucks to hear that. As a player that's got to be really annoying and upsetting to have to listen too. As soon as you don't do what people want you to do people turn on you. That's B.S.

The Bucs won today because they CONTINUALLY converted third downs, including incredible third and longs, especially in the first half. The ints in great field position were hard to overcome, but not insurmountable. Ike Hilliard convrting third downs every time he touched the ball was the most disturbing thing about the game.

Oh... And then Jamaal "the tacle machine" Anderson whiffed on the tackle that sprung Grahm's game ending touchdown. Still no sacks... :(

I'll admit it here, anyways. I had really forgotten how bullyish the Bucs are against us. I didn't give them a whole lotta credit, but it really sucked watching our guys get hit and hurt this game. Now I remember why I hate it when we play the Buccaneers at home.

Matt Ryan is our Franchise player. He's the Face of the Franchise.

Maybe we need to calm down with this whole "face of the franchise" stuff. PR does NOT win football games. After last week, I thought there was an understanding as to where our bread was buttered. The face of the franchise should be your best player anyway, and we KNOW who that is. We could've hit these guys in the mouth today with the combination of our defense and our running game and instead we put the game into the hands of our Rookie quarterback, and everyone seems just fine with that. This ain't no movie. Put the ball/game into the hands of your playmaker(s). Turner and Norwood should've gotten a lot more work today. <_<

I have to agree...but Ryan has a lot of film to digest and learn from now. He wouldn't have a better chance to learn form these mistakes if he only threw the ball 15-20 times. Its good that he got valuable playing time and experience against a solid defense which he hasnt seent he last of. This game will give Ryan a lot to work with as far as what he needs to improve on.

If he threw the ball 15-20 times we probably would have won this game.

MICHAEL TURNER should be our franchise player at the moment. He is the most reliable.

We can't put the game in the hands of Matt right now. Slowly ease him into throwing. 15-20 throws is perfect. Turner needs his touches.

He will move the ball everytime he touches the ball. Ryan won't. Today he threw an incompletion, had a play for negative yardage or gave the Bucs the ball more times then he did anything positive.

At worst, you know Turner is always going forward, even if it's a yard.

If we want to win games, especially games like these, we need to RUN THE FOOTBALL when it is 1st and goal at the four yardline and we have Michael Turner with Ovie blocking for him. FOUR yards and we score.

FOUR yards and its 17-12 with a chance to be 17-14 and a much different game...

<_<

this isnt anything against matt ryan im saying we are the type of team to use the run to establish the pass not the other way around. it shouldnt been a 50/50 offense with a rookie qb and a suspect Oline it should be 65-70/35-30 heavy on run. if we kept running turner down their throat turner would have broken something off.

The Bucs won today because they CONTINUALLY converted third downs, including incredible third and longs, especially in the first half. The ints in great field position were hard to overcome, but not insurmountable. Ike Hilliard convrting third downs every time he touched the ball was the most disturbing thing about the game.

Oh... And then Jamaal "the tacle machine" Anderson whiffed on the tackle that sprung Grahm's game ending touchdown. Still no sacks... :(

I'll admit it here, anyways. I had really forgotten how bullyish the Bucs are against us. I didn't give them a whole lotta credit, but it really sucked watching our guys get hit and hurt this game. Now I remember why I hate it when we play the Buccaneers at home.

So our two INTs in the first that led to Buc's TDs had nothing to do with why we lost? I know it's not "Kosher" to bash the current QB, but we need to be honest with ourselves here. There's a difference between "support" and "homerism". I'm not bashing a current Falcon, but I have to call it like I see it. Bring the guy along slowly. I'm tired of hearing about "moral" victories. The biggest boost of confidence this young QB can get is from being part of a competitive team. Our best chance at being competitive right now is by running the ball.

this isnt anything against matt ryan im saying we are the type of team to use the run to establish the pass not the other way around. it shouldnt been a 50/50 offense with a rookie qb and a suspect Oline it should be 65-70/35-30 heavy on run. if we kept running turner down their throat turner would have broken something off.

If we kept running Turner into and 8 man front, we would have had even more 3 and outs and failed 3rd down conversions. Today was a day that HAD to happen with our rookie qb.

If we kept running Turner into and 8 man front, we would have had even more 3 and outs and failed 3rd down conversions. Today was a day that HAD to happen with our rookie qb.

go 3 wide sets and run the ball or use norwood on the outside, where he will kill. i mean a nice outside throw to norwood, and he would kill it.

Funny weren't you in the game thread crying for Ryan to be snatched out the game for redman? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

People like you are the same ones calling people trolls when they Critique a player.