Espn game preview

Bucs must find ways to slow down Falcons rushing attack

Scouts Inc.: This NFC South divisional matchup features the dynamic rushing attack of Falcons RBs Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood versus a Buccaneers defense that was embarrassed against the Saints. Expect Tampa Bay defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin to load the box and force Atlanta to be one-dimensional through the air. Can Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey find ways to attack the Buccaneers' back end with rookie QB Matt Ryan? Also, look for Atlanta to attack a Tampa defense that can be exploited on the back end in one-on-one coverage. Falcons coach Mike Smith has done an outstanding job of changing the culture in Atlanta, but this is a critical home game for the Buccaneers because they can ill afford to start the season with two divisional losses.

Im way too excited for my own good. Its looking to be a hard fought contest.

this is the most pumped i've been for a game in recent memory. we're 1-0 coming off of a win that nobody expected us to get, confident and two new rushing records on our side. and we are up against tampa a team that lost a tough, close divisional game last week and can ill afford to fall behind 0-2 in the standings, much less their own division. so we head into ray jay looking for redemption against a team that beat us 68-10 over 2 games last year, trying to prove that we arent the 07 team and that last weeks win wasnt a fluke. tampa's backs are against the wall and they're going to be fighting to prove that they are still the team of this division.

smashmouth vs smashmouth baby. 60 minutes in the heat and mostly likely the rain. whooooooo! im pumped for this one and have been since sunday afternoon. leave it all out there on the field falcons!

I am mad excited.........I was excited before last week's game..but now im super excited...... Im excited because i know the bucs will make Matt Ryan show the world what he can do........Both of their CB's are very beat able.......If our O-Line can play great (like they have been) and our run game is effective.......Im telling yall...Matt Ryan will have a HUGE day

another thing....... If we win this game its a good chance we may end up having a 3-0 record.....(we will face Kansas City next)

this is the most pumped i've been for a game in recent memory. we're 1-0 coming off of a win that nobody expected us to get, confident and two new rushing records on our side. and we are up against tampa a team that lost a tough, close divisional game last week and can ill afford to fall behind 0-2 in the standings, much less their own division. so we head into ray jay looking for redemption against a team that beat us 68-10 over 2 games last year, trying to prove that we arent the 07 team and that last weeks win wasnt a fluke. tampa's backs are against the wall and they're going to be fighting to prove that they are still the team of this division.

smashmouth vs smashmouth baby. 60 minutes in the heat and mostly likely the rain. whooooooo! im pumped for this one and have been since sunday afternoon. leave it all out there on the field falcons!

Easy Boss, Your going to hurt yourself...

I don't know if anyone has talked about this, but Matt Ryan sells the play action perfectly. I wasn't paying attention to it constantly, but there were two or three times where he sold the hand off the EXACT same way.

If Tampa doesn't completley shut down our running game, I expect Ryan to play action the Bucs into submission.

yeah i noticed that as well.

the more i watch Matt the more i ask the question "do the critiques of recent 1st round picked quarterbacks apply to him?"

he seems to have more qb savvy, knowledge and maturity than any rookie qb in recent past. there's a reason his old teammates gave him that nickname.....its gonna take a lot to scare our new qb

yeah i noticed that as well.

the more i watch Matt the more i ask the question "do the critiques of recent 1st round picked quarterbacks apply to him?"

he seems to have more qb savvy, knowledge and maturity than any rookie qb in recent past. there's a reason his old teammates gave him that nickname.....its gonna take a lot to scare our new qb

Well, he pretty much carried his old team. I swear, I'm thrilled that he has made me eat crow concerning picking him in the draft.

We know Ryan can pass the ball, lets see what he can do with the pressure the Bucs

STUMP, PRESSURE OR NO PRESSURE, THE KID'S (Ryan) GOING TO KEEP HIS COMPOSURE. I'VE BEEN

WATCHING HIM VERY CLOSE, AND HE DOESN'T GET RATTLED. THERE WERE SOME PLAYS LAST

WEEK WHERE THEY WERE ALL OVER HIM. HE JUST STEPPED UP INTO THE POCKET, OR SIDE STEPPED,

OR JUST ROLLED OUT WITH THE BALL. NEVER A MOMENTS HESITATION. PRETTY KOOL FOR A ROOKIE. :D

JMO... But i think the Birds are gonna start out and do the unexpected.. TB willl so geared up to stop the run th :lol: at, Matt will simply LIGHT them up in the first qtr....I truely believe that the game plan will be establish the passing attack, then pound the BUCKOS into submission.....FALCONS 27 BUCS 14......,.FALCON FEVER, CATCH IT!!!!!!!!! : :D:D:D