Do You Think This Team Is A Playoff Team?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Were not a playoff team yet. The NFC North is stacked with good teams, and will probably have 3 teams that make the playoffs. That only leaves division winners after that, and I don't think we can win ours. It would take a lot of luck, and for our guys to play way over their heads.

If we can get another good pass rusher for next year, then I think we will make the playoffs.

If we can keep up the pass rush and o-line play, then yes we will be in the playoffs. Ryan, Baker, and Lofton will only improve. We've got a really solid group of LB's, safeties, o-line, and tailbacks. I'd like to see a lot more out of our non-roddy WR's, and I sure as **** wouldn't mind seeing Anderson pressure the QB more than he's done so far.

Not as of week 3. I think we're leaps and bounds closer than we were last year though. I would be mildly and pleasantly surprised if we made a wildcard this year, but next year I could definitely see a wildcard spot with another draft like this year.

Does anybody remember Ga Tech when they had Hamilton, Dez White...etc... and it was either them or Va Tech for the most explosive offense in the country? This team reminds me of the EARLY stages of that team. I'm not at all saying we're going to average 45 pts a game like tech used too, but in time I can see us having the kind of team that wins alot of shootouts

After 3 weeks, I think we look more like the Denver team we last lost to in the SB. When the run game is on, we are dominant. Obviously, Ryan isn't yet an Elway, but dayum what an arm. The Ryan to Roddy express could be on for years to come. We need to relook White's contract if he's coming due for a new one. Give him a new one now before he breaks the 1000 yard mark and becomes very expensive.

I don't think that we are a playoff team this year, but I could see us making a solid push next year. It is possible that we make it into the playoffs, but as of right now, highly unlikely. If we are 3-3 going into the bye I will be very impressed, and maybe willing to reconsider my position. This is a young team, and hopefully they will play better as a unit as the year goes along.

The next 3 weeks against Carolina and GB on the road and vs Chicago at home will be very telling. I'd love to go into the bye week at 3-3, and if we could eck out 2 of the next 3, I will be amazed and on top of the world. If we are 4-2 going into the bye week, the rest of the league better wake up before they play us, because with some outright and nasty attitude confidence over that stretch and we could be well on our way to becoming dominant. I may leap heartily on the playoff bandwagon if we can be 4-2 at the bye week.

Initially, I just wanted us to win more at home than we lost and make a decent showing on the road. So far, we're heading in the right direction. Give me a season with no outright embarassments and I would be confident going into next year. Give me 4-2 at the bye week and I will get seriously excited about a wildcard. If we can finish tied for second in our division, we can probably rule out being beat out of a wildcard by anyone in the west and only have to contend with the NFC North (particularly Chicago). I really hope the Chicago game will be a determining factor in our favor.

First though, let's beat the Panties on the road. I'll be glad to take my chances with the "any given Sunday" rule the two following weeks after that when we're likely heavy underdogs.

celtik

Were not a playoff team yet. The NFC North is stacked with good teams, and will probably have 3 teams that make the playoffs. That only leaves division winners after that, and I don't think we can win ours. It would take a lot of luck, and for our guys to play way over their heads.

If we can get another good pass rusher for next year, then I think we will make the playoffs.

Popular belief is that the NFCN is stacked, but they likely won't finish that way. The eagles will be in major trouble starting now, since westrbrook and mcnabb are injuried. The skins lost both their pass rushing DE's. The cowboy's defense is very inconsistent (probably coaching faults). The Giants are unlikely to continue to collect W's the way they have.

The NFCW is going to be real interesting. Warner is playing like the QB that led the Rams. And they have the best WR tandem in the league. 49ers might have finally found their QB and Gore picked up where he left off last season. The seahawks are mediocre contenders, as usual. The Rams blow.

NFCN might be the best division by the end of the season. Bears have a studly RB in Forte. If their D stays healthy they can compete with anyone. GB is as good as last season, and Rogers is on his game right now. Pack usually get better at home as the snow comes in, Vikes might be able to defend the pass now. Lions Blow.