Do You Think This Team Is A Playoff Team?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way too early to say. I'll need to see how we do the next couple of weeks. I can say this though- we won't be embarrassed in any game this season. The days of us asking ourselves "Why did we even bother showing up for the game?" are over. But we'll see how the next few weeks go, and if we can keep what we did on Sunday up, I believe we can definitely see a wild card.

This is a good question. Let's think about this reasonably. We are 1-0. We need at least 7 more wins, probably 8 to get into the playoffs.

@Tampa - Garcia might not play. Brooks might not play. If our defense holds up and our offense is half as productive, I think we can pull this one out. But it will be a hard fought game no matter who wins.

KC - Very winnable

@Carolina - With them beating SD, and getting Steve Smith back in time for this game, it's going to be tough if Carolina is as good as they looked.

@Green Bay - The jury is out on Rodgers as of right now. Will have to re-evaluate after seeing them play Minny.

Chicago - Tough game, they just handled the Colts.

@Philadelphia - If McNabb is still healthy, I don't like us in Philly. Especially after the shallacking they just put on the Rams.

@Oakland - Haven't seen them play yet, but I'd guess winnable.

New Orleans - This is a home game, and we always play tough with NO. It's winnable but will be tough for whomever wins.

Denver - Haven't seen them play yet, if their DL is like it was last season, than we can win this game rushing.

Carolina - At home this time, more winnable, but like NFC South games, tough game to predict.

@San Diego - Tough game, still in shock Carolina won this one. Although Merriman isn't the impact he was, it'll be interesting to see how they come back from this loss.

@New Orleans - Read any other NFC South matchup noted above.

Tampa Bay - Same as above

@Minnesota - Haven't had a chance to see them yet. But I'm not impressed with Tavaris Jackson, so it's winnable.

St Louis - Very winnable

Recap, we are 1-0, we should beat St Louis, Oakland, and KC. That gives us 4 wins. I don't think Green Bay or Denver are going to be as good as predicted. Green Bay has had distractions and a new QB. Denver didn't fix their rush defense. If we win all of those, that gives us 6 wins. If we win all of those, we would only need two more wins. That's out of 6 NFC South games, a game against Minny, SD, Chicago, and Philly.

I would say the odds are definitely against us making the playoffs. But I could see it happening. If I had to pick the playoff teams right now, I'd say Dallas, a team from the NFC West (all look like garbage right now), Chicago, whomever wins the NFC South, Philly, and the Giants. I know that's 3 NFC East teams, but they look like the best right now.

This is a good question. Let's think about this reasonably. We are 1-0. We need at least 7 more wins, probably 8 to get into the playoffs.

@Tampa - Garcia might not play. Brooks might not play. If our defense holds up and our offense is half as productive, I think we can pull this one out. But it will be a hard fought game no matter who wins.

KC - Very winnable

@Carolina - With them beating SD, and getting Steve Smith back in time for this game, it's going to be tough if Carolina is as good as they looked.

@Green Bay - The jury is out on Rodgers as of right now. Will have to re-evaluate after seeing them play Minny.

Chicago - Tough game, they just handled the Colts.

@Philadelphia - If McNabb is still healthy, I don't like us in Philly. Especially after the shallacking they just put on the Rams.

@Oakland - Haven't seen them play yet, but I'd guess winnable.

New Orleans - This is a home game, and we always play tough with NO. It's winnable but will be tough for whomever wins.

Denver - Haven't seen them play yet, if their DL is like it was last season, than we can win this game rushing.

Carolina - At home this time, more winnable, but like NFC South games, tough game to predict.

@San Diego - Tough game, still in shock Carolina won this one. Although Merriman isn't the impact he was, it'll be interesting to see how they come back from this loss.

@New Orleans - Read any other NFC South matchup noted above.

Tampa Bay - Same as above

@Minnesota - Haven't had a chance to see them yet. But I'm not impressed with Tavaris Jackson, so it's winnable.

St Louis - Very winnable

Recap, we are 1-0, we should beat St Louis, Oakland, and KC. That gives us 4 wins. I don't think Green Bay or Denver are going to be as good as predicted. Green Bay has had distractions and a new QB. Denver didn't fix their rush defense. If we win all of those, that gives us 6 wins. If we win all of those, we would only need two more wins. That's out of 6 NFC South games, a game against Minny, SD, Chicago, and Philly.

I would say the odds are definitely against us making the playoffs. But I could see it happening. If I had to pick the playoff teams right now, I'd say Dallas, a team from the NFC West (all look like garbage right now), Chicago, whomever wins the NFC South, Philly, and the Giants. I know that's 3 NFC East teams, but they look like the best right now.

Discuss....

Not unless they cut the season down to 1 game. Then we're in like Flynn.

Seriously, this is a better team than the pundits are giving us credit for, but don't forget this was against the Loins. They stuck with Harrington for what, five years?

Next week will tell a lot.

I was sitting behind a couple of people wearing blue jerseys. I felt a little sorry for them, because I have been in their place, and know it will probably happen again.

We beat the Lions...........one of the worst defensive teams in the league last year.

When we beat some tougher competition, i'll make a prediction.

We did what we were supposed to do against a weak defense, hung 34 on them, while passing only 13 times; and we held a high powered offense to 21, and could have been 14 with better clock killing in the 2nd qtr. I agree that's not a big enough sample to judge on, but it's not like the Detroit game was a nail biter.

I saw enough to believe that no one is going to shut down our running game. There's no way that we get 300+ yards running every week, but I'd be surprised if we are held to less than 150 rushing. The running game will have to be addressed by any defense and that always means that passing is a little easier.

I see no reason, after week 1, to say that we couldn't make the playoffs. I'm sure that Tampa, Carolina, and New Orleans will have something to say on the issue, and I can't wait till next sunday.

Right now I'll say no, but a win against Tampa could change my mind. I just want to see what happens against an actual nfl calliber defense. When were not breaking off 10 yd runs at will could drastically change our offense.

Agreed.

I'd also say if we were in the NFC West i'd feel a lot more confident. We're victims of what looks like being a tough division.