CBS Sportsline: It's Official - Brady's Done

mwjr

At this point, the Steelers are clearly the best team in the AFC. I'd put the Titans right there with them if their situation at QB were to resolve itself.

I don't know if that's quite so clear cut. I have a feeling that the Titans' defense might be the best in the league right now, and if Kerry Collins' play is just league average he'd be a huge improvement over what Vince Young did last year. Chris Johnson is a play-maker and if LenDale White keeps his head screwed on straight, that running game is pretty good. I do like them.

I also think the Chargers are better than they looked Saturday, with or without Merriman. Remember when he got suspended for steroid use for four games? The Chargers went 4-0 in those games, and that was before they had Cromartie. But I did just finish watching the Broncos game. I know it was against Oakland, but I've been trying to find an excuse to jump on their bandwagon for a couple of years now. Cutler looks like the next great thing with his diabetes being treated now, and Eddie Royal just embarrassed the entire Oakland defense. Brandon Marshall didn't even play, and the Broncos seemingly pull people out of the stands to play RB and always get 120 yards/game. Their front seven is a big question mark, though-Justin Fargas could have had a really big day if they hadn't trailed by such a huge margin, and isn't like Oakland's O-line is all-Madden. Broncos aren't at the top, but they might be near it.

Also, don't count out the Colts just because of one bad game. The loss of Jeff Saturday stings but I think they'll recover from it. They need to find a way to stop the run, though.

By the way, how's that 2006 QB class looking? Warner and Collins are each the best QBs on their respective teams in spite of their advanced age. Cutler was the real gem that year.

Anyway, right now, I'd put my top 4 AFC teams as Steelers, Colts, Titans, Chargers, in that order. I'm trying not to overreact to week one results, especially when I didn't even watch the Carolina/San Diego game to judge how that team looked.