If You Could Choose 1 Thing To Improve On......

Oh, and a punt returner that can average more than 3 yards a return.

I am so sick of people just looking at the stats. Which one was he supposed to break for a big return? The one that Chevious tackled him on? He had 3 and 4 guys in is grill every time he caught the ball. Norwood doesn't have that on kickoffs. Watch the game and don't just post off of the box score.

I am so sick of people just looking at the stats. Which one was he supposed to break for a big return? The one that Chevious tackled him on? He had 3 and 4 guys in is grill every time he caught the ball. Norwood doesn't have that on kickoffs. Watch the game and don't just post off of the box score.

I havent missed a Falcons game in over 15 years so youre way off on that one.

Next, he had opportunities to make something more than a few yards and this is nothing new..... last year he was horrid and why he was kept this season is beyond me. I hope he does better since I dont see a switch coming anytime soon.

a 3 yard average......THREE yards. Which means he averaged 3 yards more than a fair catch...that is not acceptable in the pros or even pop warner.

I havent missed a Falcons game in over 15 years so youre way off on that one.

Next, he had opportunities to make something more than a few yards and this is nothing new..... last year he was horrid and why he was kept this season is beyond me. I hope he does better since I dont see a switch coming anytime soon.

a 3 yard average......THREE yards. Which means he averaged 3 yards more than a fair catch...that is not acceptable in the pros or even pop warner.

So, you are saying that the blocking was there? Go back and watch it again. The first punt he had two Lions waiting for him and got 10 yars out of it. The second I counted four that were right in front of him. The third was a SMART fair catch. The fourth Jackson ran into him. You tell me who could have got more out of it than that. You all complain that all he did was fair catch. With guys in your face, what do you want. He is not going to field it and get plowed over just to appease the posters. Watch the lack of blocking and start putting some of the blame on them. It is a team effert.

What would it be?

The big stat that stands out for me is the 3-9 on third down percentage. Really doesn't matter in a game where you're leading big, but does matter in a game where you might be trailing and need to comeback.

Defensive line. We still looked a little weak against the run and, save for Abe's 3 sacks, we didn't get a whole lot of pressure.

So, you are saying that the blocking was there? Go back and watch it again. The first punt he had two Lions waiting for him and got 10 yars out of it. The second I counted four that were right in front of him. The third was a SMART fair catch. The fourth Jackson ran into him. You tell me who could have got more out of it than that. You all complain that all he did was fair catch. With guys in your face, what do you want. He is not going to field it and get plowed over just to appease the posters. Watch the lack of blocking and start putting some of the blame on them. It is a team effert.

What I am saying is that yesterday was not the first or only time this guy has done ZERO in the punt game.

So youre telling me that youre happy with how he returns punts?

What I am saying is that yesterday was not the first or only time this guy has done ZERO in the punt game.

Punt return average is misleading.

Say a punt returner has a punt return for 10 yards, and fair catches on 4 other punts that he could have squeaked 3 yards out of. That gives him a 10 average.

Lets say instead of fair catching he gets 2,3,3, 2 yards on each of those other 4 punts. That gives him a 4 yard average. Even though he was more productive than the above situation.

What I am saying is stop blaming the returner and giving the return team as a whole a pass. If Turner had rushed for 32 yards and tackled in the backfield would the blame be squarely on him? NO. If Ryan was sacked 5 times would he get the blame? NO. The blockers would. Give the same consideration to Jennings. You saw it. They were all over him. Blame the whole squad, not just him.

What I am saying is stop blaming the returner and giving the return team as a whole a pass. If Turner had rushed for 32 yards and tackled in the backfield would the blame be squarely on him? NO. If Ryan was sacked 5 times would he get the blame? NO. The blockers would. Give the same consideration to Jennings. You saw it. They were all over him. Blame the whole squad, not just him.

So, are you happy with Jennings as our punt returner or, as the thread asks, is this something to improve on?

6 or 6.2 avg last year and he has started with 3 this year. A far cry from when we had Rossum.

Blame the squad if you want but I still feel that this is an area where improvement is needed.

I second that, I was thinking the secondary, but we had 2 young DBs against 2 freakishly big and talented WRs, so looking back I think they did a great job.

I agree big time. If our DBs can cover those two studs, then they should be pretty good to go covering most anyone in the league. I'm much more comfortable with those two DBs than any of our DTs. But we are in a "Rebuilding Year" so don't forget that where we lack quality starters and/or depth, I'm sure it will be addressed as better options become available, or during the offseason this next year. This is a very young and exciting team and will get much better in time with experience!