Wow - great debut for the new Falcons

McMVP

How long did it take Vick to find 7 different targets in one game? Ryan only threw 13 passes - 9 completed to 7 different players. Good stuff. That was a **** of a way to begin his career.

Turner looks like a beast - and Norwood is a great compliment back and returner.

I stil think you guys will struggle this year more often than not - but enjoy this one. Great start...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long did it take Vick to find 7 different targets in one game? Ryan only threw 13 passes - 9 completed to 7 different players. Good stuff. That was a **** of a way to begin his career.

Turner looks like a beast - and Norwood is a great compliment back and returner.

I stil think you guys will struggle this year more often than not - but enjoy this one. Great start...

thanks man......and i do agree....it will still be a tough season...but I will have a great time watching it!! we are an exciting team to watch!!

You're right about spreading the ball around, good stuff indeed.

Obviously you can appreciate what you saw or read as a football fan, but as fan of this team it was huge. We will struggle, and were supposed to in this game, but as I said after everything that has befallen this organization it's especially sweet when you win so convicingly as the perpetual underdogs.

Thanks McMvp,

You're team showed well too, lets hope both stay healthy.

Falcons scored on their first 3 possessions- never did that with YKW.

Yeah I was pleased with the performance. And as lopsided as the scored was, it could've been worse. LJ dropped what would've been McNabb's 4th TD - and they kneeled down the final 2 minutes from the Rams 10.

* McNabb and the starters only played 3 quarters.

* DeSean Jackson had 97 return yards to go with his 106 yards receiving

* The Rams punted on their first 10 possessions

* Rams were 0-11 on 3rd downs.

* Total yards 522-166. It was ugly.

Thanks a lot, man. Yeah, odds are things'll be bumpy this season but every mistake is a learning experience and the guys we drafted are all the kinds of guys who are willing to actually learn from them. Grats to the Eagles and especially McNabb. I like seeing McNabb succeed because I've always felt like he gets a raw deal from Eagles fans.

Whats going to be so tough about this year? The fact that we are already breaking records? An exciting offense? a defense that is only going to get better? John Abraham getting 15 sacks this year? That doesn't sound too bad to me.

The Falcons are on the right track.....there are many winnable games on the schedule...this new staff the Falcons have will control the players attitude and keep them focused. I see no reason but to be positive after yesterday's performance after all the Falcons are the 33rd best team out of the 32 in the league <_<

Whats going to be so tough about this year? The fact that we are already breaking records? An exciting offense? a defense that is only going to get better? John Abraham getting 15 sacks this year? That doesn't sound too bad to me.

You will meet teams with a lot better o-lines

You will meet teams that can stop the run

You will meet teams that haven't been rebuilding since 1957.

thanks for the post, and i agree with everything you said.

but its not like the eagles sloshed their way through the opener either, they looked GOOD. (i was at a bar and they were on the big screen to the right of the falcons). be proud of that even though i cant stand them, you make it so hard when you post such logical stuff McMVP.

i don't understand why the comp. to Vick. They`are two different style QBs...

No - one is a QB - the other just stayed at Holiday Inn Express (or wishes he was) :P

But seriously, Vick presented his own uniques challenges to be sure. But one thing I don't believe he did was to make the other players around him better.

What is the world coming to, when Philly fans start talking nice? Just kidding McMVP. Thanks for the compliments. Your team looked very good as well. Especially with your top 2 WR's out. McNabb is my fantasy QB and he did very well for me. I also have DeSean Jackson and Philly's D. All did well for me. Good luck to your team. Except when the play us.

No - one is a QB - the other just stayed at Holiday Inn Express (or wishes he was) :P

But seriously, Vick presented his own uniques challenges to be sure. But one thing I don't believe he did was to make the other players around him better.

I dont think he made the OL or WR's better. But I do think he made Dunn a better RB. Teams couldn't just zone in on Dunn, when Vick could keep the ball himself and run or throw.

thanks for the post, and i agree with everything you said.

but its not like the eagles sloshed their way through the opener either, they looked GOOD. (i was at a bar and they were on the big screen to the right of the falcons). be proud of that even though i cant stand them, you make it so hard when you post such logical stuff McMVP.

What is the world coming to, when Philly fans start talking nice? Just kidding McMVP. Thanks for the compliments. Your team looked very good as well. Especially with your top 2 WR's out. McNabb is my fantasy QB and he did very well for me. I also have DeSean Jackson and Philly's D. All did well for me. Good luck to your team. Except when the play us.

Thanks... B)

hey. 'gratz on the iggles opening day win. i can see why you're in chipper spirits.

without rehashing board history, its really impossible to make the comparison, because they were playing in totally different offensive systems - one of which was ********.

if we ever see ryan line up and play vs 8 in the box and all of his receivers run 10 yd hitches (and we run up the middle on first and second down), we can have the comparison. but i NEVER want to see that, so its a moot point.

i was very impressed, not only with ryan, who did a fantastic job. but also with mularkey. we actually had some rhythm to the playcalling. AND, more importantly, were able to set plays up outside of the opening 10 play or so script.

the analysts even broke down how we ran play action in 4q, and gashed the defense for a nice gain through the air. and came back with the same look and gave to the RB who broke it big up the middle.

that has been missing.

receivers are *gasp* actually getting open and catching the ball... i'm happy with that. in particular, i like how they've moved ryan around instead of just letting him be a sitting duck. and the OL improvements have been tremendous, year on year on year. baker is impressive. i've always liked clabo. dahl seems to be very capable and hopefully blalock has made major strides after his baptism by fire last year. (the block in the back on norwood's run was completely unnecessary, but he was ten yards downfield and hustling. i don't mind high effort errors as much).

I loved what I saw and it's a great start.... but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Let's take things one game at a time.

;)

Thanks man. You're alright. I'm really excited about the season, and while it might be a tough year, if we get a few things to fall our way- like staying healthy ourselves, injuries to key opponents, etc., I don't see why we shouldn't be in the conversation at the end of the year about the Division Championship. Not every game will be like Detroit, but Ryan did show that he can be an effective passer when called upon-but he only had to pass 13 times this week.

But seriously, #### presented his own uniques challenges to be sure. But one thing I don't believe he did was to make the other players around him better.

What I'm already excited about is that Ryan can read defenses after 1 NFL game much better than #### did after 6 (6?) seasons. I love how he's able to distribute the ball, and doesn't stare down his receivers- I agree- he makes players around him better already.

Good luck this season. I hope the Eagles route the Cowboys every chance they get. (Don't tell anyone, but I quietly root for the Eagles when it doesn't affect the Falcons- I lived in Philly for a couple years and half my family is from there. Shhhh) I hate the freakin Cowboys, and I wish ESPN would stop checking Romo out at the urinal.

This guy is not even a Falcon Fan but has 13,000 post...omg....you make me sick and I could Careless about your opinon of our Team....

Against the lions.

I mean, the only elite thing about that team is there WRs.