We Miss Deangelo Hall

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the biggest DeAngelo Hall fan on these MBs.

But I wont ignore the fact that DeAngelo played horrible last night.....HORRIBLE!!.

Hall is still my favorite player, and I'm sure he will bounce back. He did have 7solo tackles. But still, played horrible.

With that said, I'm aware that most of you hate Hall.....just dont bring your BS opinions to me.

I think the secondary will be better when Foxworh gets in the rotation. Go Falcons!!

I agree with you there. I certainly hope that the rotation will add to the opponents confusion.

"Now when the **** did it get legal to stand on a box? I thought Grimes was only 5'8".." Quote Jeff Garcia

:P ;)

and you would lose Deion Sanders to somebody who respected what he was worth.

D. Hall is an up and coming young CB, he wanted to play for ATL and was happy here. TD was shopping him behind his back because they didnt like his attitude. Everybody isnt a devout christian so we shouldnt expect all players to be role models.

The bold is BS.

Wow, this thread has a lot of responses in the hour it's been posted.

First, who said D-Hall was any good? Really? Other than Mora and D-Hall himself?

He would play ten yards off the ball and still get burned. Yes, he was burned many times in man coverage. He was terrible at the short pass. You could throw 5 - 7 yard routes on him all day long. He was a bad tackler. Terrible team player. He was good when the receiver didnt get any seperation and was running stride for stride with him, but really how often did that happen? The only reason he ever had an interception was because he would sit on route and try for the ball every time. You could put an O-lineman at corner and tell him to sit on a certain route and he would have as many INT as Meangelo would get.

The bottom line is that guy was an average corner at best. He was never a shut down guy or never had any really good games. If any one can give me a game he dominated in please do.

Agree, sorta.

I said coming out Hall is not a shutdown, man-up type corner, he'll be a great zone corner, and I think he is. But he's too ME oriented to play man, he wants the INT stats, so he'll cheat off his man & try to play the QB instead. He loses his guy when he does this and often gets burned by looking back too much. He's also very vulnerable when receivers go to the inside on him, he doesn't turn well that way. I always though Hall could be a shutdown corner with work, but he hasn't to this point really put it in AND applied it during games.

It didn't make me less of a fan because the crime had nothing to do with football.

That's the only thing I saw him as.......A **** FOOTBALL PLAYER.

Not GOD.

Well, as there's certainly an ulterior motive behind people labeling players as thugs or talking about their bling etc., would you agree that there's likewise an ulterior motive behind rushing to defend players who fight, are arrested, etc., etc.? Why is the defense of these types so much more strident than for others? Wouldn't the cause be better served by supporting people who are intelligent/sane/mature/etc.? I just don't get either side of the debate. I personally think football players should be viewed as circus freaks, chattel, etc. whose sole purpose is to amuse me, not role models or people from whom I borrow part of my identity. :o

I don't care what nobody says. The guy was too good and too young to let go. Now we are hurting at CB.

I hope you are joking. D Hall is OK at best. He is not worth the $10 mil a year he is getting with Oakland (He proved that last night) and when you tack on his big mouth and the negative media attention he brings, he just is not worth it. Atlanta made the right move by letting him go. I would have been upset if Atlanta would have givin him the money he was demanding. Now he is Oakland's problem and if he keeps it up he will be another teams problem by this time next year.

.......I am not saying he is terrible, he just is not the shut down corner he claims to be. He is more deserving as the nickel back and that is what he will be in the next 2-4 years if he continues to get beat at the #2 spot that Oakland has him in.

I'm just glad Hall talked his way out of here. By the time we traded him I was so fed up I would have taken anything. And the staff gave him every chance to buy into what Coach Smith and Mr. Dimitroff were selling and he wanted nothing to do with it. I don't care if Grimes and Houston aren't Pro Bowlers, they played their hearts out against two of the best WRs in the league while DeAngelo Hall stood around counting his money as Eddie Royal zoomed past him again.

Agreed- Did anyone notice on ESPN's quiz they did with Deangelo's teammate and his wife? They asked what was Deangelo's proudest moment as a football player. His teammate said probably going to the NFC Championship while his wife said that Deangelo will probably say getting paid. His teammate apparently overstimated his team first attitude as his favorite moment was winning NFL's fastest man. That shows how "team" oriented he really is.

Agreed- Did anyone notice on ESPN's quiz they did with Deangelo's teammate and his wife? They asked what was Deangelo's proudest moment as a football player. His teammate said probably going to the NFC Championship while his wife said that Deangelo will probably say getting paid. His teammate apparently overstimated his team first attitude as his favorite moment was winning NFL's fastest man. That shows how "team" oriented he really is.

It surprised me how little either knew about him. His wife only got 2 right.

...but, you do care what De(Me)Angelo actually does and...http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/09/09/former_falcon_deangelo_hall_raiders.html :P :lol:

I watched some of that game last night and he definitely sucked. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. He looked totally lost out on the field. I can't say I ever remember a performance as shameful as that, even when he played here. He was totally embarassed by a fellow Hokie as well. I really do believe he underestimated Eddie Royal. I'm pretty sure he respects him now. Hall is still a good corner. He just loses his focus to easily. I also noticed that the whole secondary, outside of Nhamdi struggled. For that matter, the whole team struggled. Warren Sapp had this team pegged right. They will not win anything until they learn to stop the run. Now they can't even stop the pass. Nhamdi will leave the black hole next year. He might end up here. The ribbing is good though. Like the Ok. State once said "I CAN TAKE IT, I'M A MAN" LOL!!!!

I watched some of that game last night and he definitely sucked. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. He looked totally lost out on the field. I can't say I ever remember a performance as shameful as that, even when he played here. He was totally embarassed by a fellow Hokie as well. I really do believe he underestimated Eddie Royal. I'm pretty sure he respects him now. Hall is still a good corner. He just loses his focus to easily. I also noticed that the whole secondary, outside of Nhamdi struggled. For that matter, the whole team struggled. Warren Sapp had this team pegged right. They will not win anything until they learn to stop the run. Now they can't even stop the pass. Nhamdi will leave the black hole next year. He might end up here. The ribbing is good though. Like the Ok. State once said "I CAN TAKE IT, I'M A MAN" LOL!!!!

OKAY man!! Very "classy" reply! This web-site could use MORE of that! You just earned my respect. I have been on this site for several years (not really a newbie). I was kicked off last year when I couldn't contain my mouth over last year's events!

I tuned in to the game just to watch dhall. I figured the game itself would suck. (now tell me how does Oakland rate a spot on mnf?). Anyhow I tried to focus on dhall's play. And as most have noted - he really sucked and not the first time I've seen him play badly.

But the real point is that hall may be a talented player but he is not a "player". Focusing on his play in this game was an eye-opener. He was never first to stick his head in to make a tackle, always waiting for someone in front to make the first contact, even if it meant the ball carrier was gaining good yardage. Then he would make a show of being in on the play. I've seen this before. He seems more intent on waiting for that one opportunity for a "me" play - like an interception, so he can strut and pump his chest. Not a team player at all. His funniest moment was a running play near the goal line. He did a lilttle crouch, shuffled left, then right never making one move towards the ball carrier. I could laugh cause thankfully he's no longer around to embarrass our Falcons.

You have a lot of class Mr. Lawson. I didn't agree with your original post but I really liked your last post. Very honest and humble.

We need more people on this Message Board like you.

Its fun to disagree but we all are ultimately Falcons fans and should treat one another with respect.

GO FALCONS and thank God D. Hall isn't a Falcon anymore.

I tuned in to the game just to watch dhall. I figured the game itself would suck. (now tell me how does Oakland rate a spot on mnf?). Anyhow I tried to focus on dhall's play. And as most have noted - he really sucked and not the first time I've seen him play badly.

But the real point is that hall may be a talented player but he is not a "player". Focusing on his play in this game was an eye-opener. He was never first to stick his head in to make a tackle, always waiting for someone in front to make the first contact, even if it meant the ball carrier was gaining good yardage. Then he would make a show of being in on the play. I've seen this before. He seems more intent on waiting for that one opportunity for a "me" play - like an interception, so he can strut and pump his chest. Not a team player at all. His funniest moment was a running play near the goal line. He did a lilttle crouch, shuffled left, then right never making one move towards the ball carrier. I could laugh cause thankfully he's no longer around to embarrass our Falcons.

:lol: wow. Me plays? so INTs dont help the team?

Was he not a playmaker when he was here? Did he not go to probowls as a Falcon?

How many other CBs are better than D. Hall at 24 when they were 24?

C. Bailey was being shipped to Denver, M. McKenzie was headed to the Saints and S. Rolle was headed to Tennessee.