Are we more pumped this season than normal?

CaliforniaFalcon

We may suck just like everyone is predicting but I dont believe we will. I think we may more than suprise people.

Is it just me or does this message board seem more pumped about this team than it uasually is before the season starts? I dont remember seeing this kind of optimisim in the past. What do you think?

LETS GO FALCONS!!

I think the fans of this team have sensed its vulnerability to the media and whatnot, so we're all rallying around them and are less critical than in other seasons. We know this team has some potential problems, but we want to see our guys go out, give their all, and surprise some people.

Well I'm always pretty pumped...

but I do think the team has a lot more going for them than they have in the past few years.

i.e. way better coaching.

Your name and avatar crack me up every time.

This is a new beginning for the team. The coaching is better already and it has only been preseaon. Lots of young guys on the team, lots of question marks. Could be a nice success (6-10, 7-9, 8-8) or a disaster (4-12). Either way, it will be a fun one because we don't expect a whole lot. Can't wait to watch the new team grow up together.

WOO HOO!!!

I would say that I feel proud this season to be a Falcon fan more than some seasons. I think that it says something that we were all able to get through last season and not jump off of the bandwagon, no matter how long we have followed the team.

To me and the other fans who love this team, not matter what:

GO FALCONS!

We may suck just like everyone is predicting but I dont believe we will. I think we may more than suprise people.

Is it just me or does this message board seem more pumped about this team than it uasually is before the season starts? I dont remember seeing this kind of optimisim in the past. What do you think?

LETS GO FALCONS!!

No, outside of the Vick era, it's about normal. I want us to do well but I doubt we will. I'm a Miami Canes fan too, I wanted us to beat UF but I knew inside we weren't going to do that. I feel the same about the Falcons, 2-14 to 5-11 is likely for us. I hope we don't go 0-16 or 1-15 though.

No, outside of the Vick era, it's about normal. I want us to do well but I doubt we will. I'm a Miami Canes fan too, I wanted us to beat UF but I knew inside we weren't going to do that. I feel the same about the Falcons, 2-14 to 5-11 is likely for us. I hope we don't go 0-16 or 1-15 though.

Ah pueeey

Your just still mad cause we let Farve go 145 years ago :P

Well I am ALWAYS pumped up before a season begins, but yes this year I am a LOT more pumped up than usual. It's not because I think we are going to shock anyone with wins this year. We have way too many new pieces for that IMHO.

I am pumped because after last year, I really felt this franchise was going to be in the pits for many more years to come.

But in one AWESOME offseason, Arthur Blank has completely revamped this franchise for the future, and the future looks bright again. I am totally convinced that Dimitroff and Smith are the right guys to finally turn this franchise into a consistent winner.

They have already assembled what I think is a much better team for this year than I had ever dreamed they could. I think Matt Ryan is the real deal to lead this team. I think we have a TON of young talented players for the future.

Yeah I am a lot more pumped than normal for this time of year, but that's because I really believe this team is on the way UP.

Caution: I feel this way every time we make a major change on the team. :lol:

im pumped. i felt like a little kid that couldnt go to sleep before christmas last night. and to make things worse im up at 8 am on a sunday! im never up this early.

I finally made myself go to sleep 3:30 and woke up at 6:30 to read the paper,I am always pumped about the first game.All zeros across the standings **** they have got win this game. BE LOUD CROWD.

I know I'm PUMPED.

We have a bonafide QB again. We have a wrecking ball RB again. We have a MLB that isn't Brooking. We have two good safeties again.

Oh yeah, I'm happier than usual at this time of year for our team. :D

I'm with statick on this one. I would just add a coach that isn't Petrino. So yeah, I'm pumped!

I think collectively we actually have reason to be optimistic for a change. CHange being the operative word. It feels like a change for the positive, a change for a promising future, where we are competitive every season and where we have a shot at the play offs shortly. I also like the fact we seem to have KNOWLEDGEABLE football folks in charge. ANd we also are working from a Blue Print.

I think we may not be as bad as we could be, nor am I crazy enough (but still hope somewhere deep in my old black heart) to think we will be world beaters this season. I do see us pissing on some teams parades, and ruining seasons for others as we steal some wins. I see us alot like the COwboys when Jerry Jones first took over. I think we are a little further ahead then they were though which can only bode well.

All in all, there is a quiet optimism. But we are Falcons fans, so there will always be that veil of darkness over anything the Falcons do. It will take years of consistent winning to take the bad taste out of our mouths for good. But I am hoping this is the beginning of something that we can be proud of and hold our heads up when we say we are Falcons fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say that I feel proud this season to be a Falcon fan more than some seasons. I think that it says something that we were all able to get through last season and not jump off of the bandwagon, no matter how long we have followed the team.

To me and the other fans who love this team, not matter what:

GO FALCONS!

Forreal No matter the rough time we endured we stuck with this team. That really shows you who are the REAL Falcon fans, and who were just Vick fans.