Bill Parcells............Atlanta Falcons..........................

what if he didnt have a good year... would he jump ship to maimi next year or the year after that? Great coach yes, but the verdict is still out on great gm. We could say if bill stayed for 5 years he could probably change the franchise but he couldn't stay for 5 days before jumping ship.

Dancing in the street would turn to riot in the street when he did a patrino mid season to maimi.

I guarantee you Parcells would have stayed here 2 years max. then..................................on to greener pastures.

We have TD long term.............................................hopefully.

:D

Just think.................if Parcells had not turned his back on Arthur Blank and the Falcons back in late Dec., 2007................then perhaps Tony Sparano would be leading the Falcons in Sunday's opener against Detroit, with starting QB Chad Pennington at the helm.

Interesting how things work out.

Interesting world we live in.

Hmmm... interesting, but in my opinion, i don't think Parcells would have done anything different with respect to the Falcons QB situation, that eliminates Pennington from the scenario, anyhow, imo we are much better off with a "diamond in the rough" QB, Matt Ryan than an oft injured one, Pennington. funny how things sometimes work out for the best. great job TD AND GO FALCONS...

Further evidence that the karma of the Falcons is beginning to improve. Hiring Parcells would have been a big mistake.

I have not seen one thing done by the Miami Dolphins while Parcells has been there that could not have been accomplished by any other half-way competent general manager. The Dolphins would have probably improved this season from 1-15 if they had had made no changes from last season. Also, it is now obvious that Parcells had no real intention of coming to the Falcons. He was merely playing the Falcons to get a better deal with the Dolphins. Blank finally realized this and broke off discussion with Parcells.

Until they give me reason not to be, I am pleased with the Smith-Dimitroff team. I do believe the Falcons are – at last! – on the right road.

agree with everything said!! i like the direction we are goin