Pitchers' duel in Miami tonight

Scott24Falcons

Heading to the 7th, Braves lead 14-13.

I just started watching, but I imagine Charlie Morton sucked once again. I was dead wrong on him. Once he openly admitted to pitching with no confidence I knew he would never amount to anything (I guess he still could, but doubtful).

Ahhhh......5 more days until Falcons' football. Atleast we can expect them to be bad.

Heading to the 7th, Braves lead 14-13.

I just started watching, but I imagine Charlie Morton sucked once again. I was dead wrong on him. Once he openly admitted to pitching with no confidence I knew he would never amount to anything (I guess he still could, but doubtful).

Ahhhh......5 more days until Falcons' football. Atleast we can expect them to be bad.

Wow, when did he come out and say this? Link? Not that I can really blame him or anything. It sucks to know that every time you pitch your best, you're on a team that won't give you anything on run support.

I don't have a link, but he has said the same thing about having little-to-no confidence on several occasions, which is really alarming. The last time I remember seeing this was sometime last month.

Next year is really going to blow. Right now we have Jurrjens, who we can expect to be a solid #2 guy, as well as Campillo, who projects to be a good #5 starter. As much as I'd love for them to go out and get Sabathia, it probably doesn't make much sense. He'll be getting a ton of money, and we have so many other holes that need to be filled for the future.

The Falcons have a brighter future than the Braves.

It's very sad the Falcons have brighter future than the Braves right now :lol:

Indeed, and I never thought I'd see the day. While the Braves have some key, young pieces (Jurrjens, McCann, Heyward, Schafer, and Hanson), atleast two of those last three guys are probably more than a whole year away.

The Falcons, on the other hand, have drafted talented guys at the most important positions on the field: QB, LT, MLB, etc. I expect them to struggle (maybe badly) this year, but with another solid draft or two, this team could be one of the better teams in the NFC. By letting go of the "big-time" veterans (Crumpler, Coleman, Gandy, Hall, Forney, etc.), I knew they were on the right track.

OK, enough football talk in ABF, but you get the point.

Most young pitchers making their way around the league the first few times are scared. That was what was so impressive about Chuck James. He was absolutely fearless. Unfortunately, he also only has two pitches and a bum arm.

This is a fun game. Braves fans should check out the end of it.

Braves have a lot of good young bats and when healthy a good bullpen. If we make some moves for starting pitching I could see us being in playoff contention next year. If Prado, Infante, Anderson, and Jones stick around and play about as well as they're playing right now for an entire season I think we'll be better at the plate. Maybe Francoeur contines the pattern and has a decent year at the plate. Ohman(?), Moylan and Gonzalez is a nice 1-2-3. Then you got Jurrjens and Campillo who hopefully both stay solid. This is where the moves and some luck come into play. Wren has made awesome moves so I won't give up hope on next year already.

At least we know it can't get any worse than this year when it comes to injuries.

I'm not ready to give up on Charlie or Jo-Jo yet. I can still remember back to 1987 when Glavine was getting knocked around and I thought he was total garbage. Same with Avery in 1990. And Smoltz began one season (was it 1991?) by going 1-11 and giving up a ton of walks. Still, I wish we had Leo back to guide these young pitchers.

dont forget Smoltzie's struggles.. he even had to get a sports psychiatrist to help him out for awhile

Correct. Don't get my wrong, this is not something to just shrug your shoulders at, but if you don't doubt yourself at times, then you've got to be a **** cyborg. It happens to almost every young pitcher who comes up at some point.

I never expected Morton to be much more than a #4 or #5 P, but guys like Pitt were claiming he was the next home-grown Ace.

Unfortunately, this is not the rebuilding year, next year is. I would to have Smoltz and Glavine back, but I don't know if they are both in the cards. I would like to see Chipp on cruise control for the rest of the year and give Lillibridge some action in the INF, as well as playing BJones and Anderson almost everyday.

bloop

we got 6 innings of 2 hit ball from Parr... I didnt get to see the game but by reading the box score he looked decent. But its an all to often recurring them lately with the rookie pitcher coming up and pitching well until the league gets video on him and makes adjustments.. and we fail to make adjustments and you turn your bright hopeful pitcher into Chuck James.