BUSH JUST USED TERM.... "ANGRY LEFT"

jjooee

I've been tryin' to tell yall liberals are the most miserable people in the world.

Love God, love America, love freedom, love free enterprise.

Don't spend your life fighting God, America, and morality.

GIVE PEACE OF MIND A CHANCE.

So are you watching the convention and immediately posting any worthless crap that he comes up with ?

I guess its going to be a long night for us message boarders. :rolleyes:

joey, I was driving around Suwanee around a month ago or so and I saw your sig on the back of a beat up, faded out old 91 honda civic.

The guy looked like he had printed it out on 8 x 11 printer paper and had it taped on the back of his window.

Was that you ?

Be honest.

Well, the sig was copied.....but I don't remember who I copied it from.

Not to the voting booth though. :lol::lol:

:lol:

True, but I have the ability to influence those around me. One of my friends, who voted republican in the last election, is going with Obama this time around. I'll have a say in the election, it'll just be indirect.

Voting on the issues shows Obama is the right person.

:lol:

True, but I have the ability to influence those around me. One of my friends, who voted republican in the last election, is going with Obama this time around. I'll have a say in the election, it'll just be indirect.

Voting on the issues shows Obama is the right person.

Issues, huh?

Issues like the seizure of and redistribution of wealth?

Stripping the military of research funds? Telling Americans we'd better learn Spanish instead of telling immigrants to learn English?

Punishing by profit-seizing the people who find, refine, and distribute crude oil and gasoline.....because they're finding, refining, and distributing crude oil and gasoline?

You mean issues like those? Because if you weren't around 35 years ago, and it's obvious you were not.....we had a guy named Jimmy who tried exactly those things, and it damm near ruined the country. Try 14% unemployment, 3-hour WAITS for gasoline, 22% interest rates, 11% inflation. This is what's possible under your God Obama.....but who cares, right? The important thing is that everything will be more FAIR.

Issues, huh?

Stripping the military of research funds? Telling Americans we'd better learn Spanish instead of telling immigrants to learn English?

Punishing by profit-seizing the people who find, refine, and distribute crude oil and gasoline.....because they're finding, refining, and distributing crude oil and gasoline?

You mean issues like those? Because if you weren't around 35 years ago, and it's obvious you were not.....we had a guy named Jimmy who tried exactly those things, and it damm near ruined the country. Try 14% unemployment, 3-hour WAITS for gasoline, 22% interest rates, 11% inflation. This is what's possible under your God Obama.....but who cares, right? The important thing is that everything will be more FAIR.

Remember when the republicans said the same about Bill Clinton? Remember how prosperous and peaceful this country was during his presidency?

- You can call it redistribution of wealth, but only the top 5% will pay more income tax, including Obama himself. Most Americans will pay less. So republicans go from "he's going to increase your taxes", to realizing how fallacious that claim is, to "it's redistribution of wealth".

- No immigrant should be forced to learn English. America is the land of its people. If more and more people keep coming here who only speak Spanish, you'll see more and more services offered in Spanish. If the majority of the country ends up speaking only Spanish, you'll see the language becoming the primary one.

The US has no official language. English is primarily spoken, so it's primarily used.

- I'm against further taxing oil companies for their profits, but hey, there are much bigger issues than that. I just want subsidies to be removed... and Obama's going farther than that. McCain won't even do that. So both of them aren't on the same page with me.

- No immigrant should be forced to learn English. America is the land of its people. If more and more people keep coming here who only speak Spanish, you'll see more and more services offered in Spanish. If the majority of the country ends up speaking only Spanish, you'll see the language becoming the primary one.

Are you insane? It's bad enough that everywhere I go there are signs in English and Spanish for all the immigrants in this country, now you actually believe we should all learn Spanish because of them? In America most AMERICANS (not illegal immigrants) speak ENGLISH. So if you want to come across our borders illegally you better learn the language the people are speaking and not expect everyone else to adapt for you.

Issues, huh?

Polarize with fallacious extremism much?

Yes. Yes you do.

Issues, huh?

thank god mccain-palin dont' support any of those!!

Windfall tax lets Alaska rake in billions from Big Oil

By Ángel González and Hal Bernton

Seattle Times staff reporters

Republicans in Congress this June united to defeat a proposed windfall tax on oil companies, deriding it as a bad idea that would discourage investment in U.S. oil exploration.

Things worked out far differently in the GOP stronghold of Alaska, a state whose economic fate is closely tied to the oil industry.

Over the opposition of oil companies, Republican Gov. Sarah Palin and Alaska's Legislature last year approved a major increase in taxes on the oil industry — a step that has generated stunning new wealth for the state as oil prices soared.

At a time when Americans are feeling the pinch at the gasoline pump and oil companies are racking up record profits, Alaska's choice foreshadows one of the sharpest debates in the upcoming presidential election.

Democrat Barack Obama supports a national windfall-profits tax, while Republican John McCain opposes it.

Alaska collected an estimated $6 billion from the new tax during the fiscal year that ended June 30, according to the Alaska Oil and Gas Association. That helped push the state's total oil revenue — from new and existing taxes, as well as royalties — to more than $10 billion, double the amount received last year.

While many other states are confronting big budget deficits because of the troubled economy, Alaska officials are in the enviable position of exploring new ways to spend the state's multibillion-dollar budget surplus.

Some of that new cash will end up in the wallets of Alaska's residents.

Palin's administration last week gained legislative approval for a special $1,200 payment to every Alaskan to help cope with gas prices, which are among the highest in the country.

That check will come on top of the annual dividend of about $2,000 that each resident could receive this year from an oil-wealth savings account.

State Sen. Hollis French, an Anchorage Democrat who supported the windfall tax, said the oil companies " ... were literally printing money on the North Slope. We decided to strike the balance a little bit more on our side."

The industry, however, warns new taxes are already discouraging future exploration and development in newer, more expensive projects needed to boost waning production in Alaska's oil patches.

"Clearly, from the investor standpoint, Alaska has become a less attractive place to invest exploration and production dollars," said Marilyn Crockett, executive director of the Alaska Oil and Gas Association.

Tax imposed by Carter

The oil industry has long fought windfall-profits taxes. Officials cite a congressional study that indicated a windfall-profits tax imposed by President Carter — and later repealed in the 1980s — appeared to discourage U.S. oil-field development.

"It was a bad idea in the 1980s, and it is an even worse idea today," says an American Petroleum Institute statement on windfall taxes.

The industry's arguments held sway in the U.S. Senate in June, where Republicans defeated a Democratic proposal for a windfall-profits tax that would have raised an estimated $10 billion to $12 billion.

The debate has spilled into the presidential campaign.

Obama supports a federal windfall-profits tax, with the proceeds used to provide rebates of $500 or $1,000 to taxpayers. "Increased domestic oil exploration certainly has its place," Obama said last Monday in Michigan. "But it's not the solution" to America's energy problems, he added.

McCain has blasted the idea, saying it would "increase our dependence on foreign oil and hinder exactly the same kind of domestic exploration and production we need."

In Alaska, the willingness of Republicans to tax the oil industry reflects unusual political developments.

Last year, as part of a major federal corruption investigation, an oil-services executive — former VECO Chairman Bill Allen — pleaded guilty to bribing some state legislators as he sought to limit the size of an oil-tax increase approved in 2006.

In the fall primary of 2006, Palin upset Republican incumbent Gov. Frank Murkowski, whom she criticized for giving too much of a break to the oil industry.

Then last year, Palin introduced a graduated tax pegged to increased oil prices. The state Legislature modified her proposal to increase the state's take even further.

Production falling

The bill's proponents — a coalition of Democrats and maverick Republicans — argued that oil production was declining in Alaska, and that the lower tax rate under previous governors had done little to spur additional investment in the state's oil industry.

Critics say the companies, who have lobbied to open the federal Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to exploration, have lagged badly in developing already available fields on state lands. Some estimates indicate those fields may contain billions of barrels of oil, mostly heavy crude that's difficult to extract.

They argue that the state — which owns most of the land around Prudhoe Bay, North America's largest oil field — needs to grab its fair share of proceeds from the declining output there.

"You don't get to grow another oil barrel," said French, the Anchorage lawmaker. "You sell that barrel once, and it's gone forever."

The Alaska tax is imposed on the net profit earned on each barrel of oil pumped from state-owned land, after deducting costs for production and transportation, which are currently estimated at just under $25 a barrel.

The tax is set at its highest rate in Prudhoe Bay, where the state takes 25 percent of the net profit of a barrel when its price is at or below $52.

The percentage then escalates as oil prices rise over that benchmark. Alaska gets about $49 of a $120 barrel, not counting other fees.

ConocoPhillips said that in total, once royalty payments and other taxes are added in, the state captures about 75 percent of the value of a barrel.

An accounting benefit eases the sting for oil companies. They get a huge deduction on their state taxes when calculating their federal taxes.

Issues, huh?

Seems like the "Angry Right" is posting in this thread. :lol:

I used to be a liberal.

I'm speaking from personal experience.

Love God, love America, love freedom, love free enterprise.

Quit rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for h*e*l*l

Funny you should post a song by Merle.

Merle does not support Bush. Merle does not support the war in Iraq. Just listen to his new album. He smashes republicans.

:P

Funny you should post a song by Merle.

Merle does not support Bush. Merle does not support the war in Iraq. Just listen to his new album. He smashes republicans.

I smash Republicans too.....they are only deemed anywhere near acceptable because they run against Marxists and American

hatin' lefties of the worst order. :P :P