Anyone see a pattern?

vitaman

At the end of last season this team was in disarray.

The lines were so awful that it was virtually unanimous on this Board that we should spend the 1st three rounds on linemen.

The Defensive backfield looked frightening with the departure of Hall.

Our QB situation was not inspiring.

We had big questions at linebacker, with many thinking Brooking had gradually slid into a liability.

The Running backs and possibly the Receivers were the only positions that inspired some confidence.

All the moves since TD took over, from Turner to Foxworth have an intelligence behind them that is wonderful to see. The Offensive line suddenly appears to be at least Average quality. Same with the Defensive Backs. About the only glaring weaknesses look to be the Defensive line's ability to pressure the QB, and a back up Strong Safety.

I for one would not be surprised if these were addressed in the next 12 months via Free Agency and the Draft.

I totally agree. This team really turned around. Their confidence is high again. TD and Coach Smith really turned it around. They need to forget about last year. I love all the moves this offseason, except for releasing Alge.... I dont know about that one. Hall was just a distraction, great player but to much baggage. He will fit in with the Oak players perfectly.

hehe - yeah things appear to be turning around fast here, and I love that.

BUT lets all remember we have only seen preseason, and this season will still be a very tough one for us with so many new things trying to fit together all at once. But I have seen enough to have confidence that we are on the right track for this massive rebuilding effort.

Probably TD's best move was hiring this "nobody" coach named Smith. His staff looks like they know what they are doing so far, and that is the biggest key to consistent winning in the NFL.

hehe - yeah things appear to be turning around fast here, and I love that.

BUT lets all remember we have only seen preseason, and this season will still be a very tough one for us with so many new things trying to fit together all at once. But I have seen enough to have confidence that we are on the right track for this massive rebuilding effort.

Probably TD's best move was hiring this "nobody" coach named Smith. His staff looks like they know what they are doing so far, and that is the biggest key to consistent winning in the NFL.

I think the guy above said it's amazing what happens when you let football guys run football teams. In the past, as

far back as I can remember, there have been VERY few of these in Falcons history. The franchise has tended to

follow glitz and market it. Sale, sale, sale, without any substance. This time they've decided to get the substance

and sell that. It's very different. Refreshing! The games may even be a bit boring. I'm hoping for a large dose of

the 4 yards and a cloud of dust... Heaven forbid if that defense only allows a TD now & again. Fingers crossed,

and very hopeful. It's been a long time coming.

While I would like to see us with a winning record at the end of the year, and I surely think we have the schedule

this year to do it, I'm less worried about this year and already looking forward to the 2nd year of Smitty's regime

when it's more entrenched.