The Left Wing Smear Machine

kicker23

Seriously,

Almost all of these things non-issues. A DUI 20 years ago. No offense people, but DUIs were VERY common back then. It wasn't seen as taboo like it is today. Not saying I'm ok with it, but considering we have a Presidential nominee that has tried cocaine, I would say it isn't relevant.

Her daughter having a baby. Journalism at a new low. Especially the rumors that Palin's daughter was somehow actually her granddaughter.

Her being a member of the Secessionist's Party. This one might backfire. For "state's rights" people like me, I support the effort. If she felt her state was not being fairly represented, she had that right.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously,

Almost all of these things non-issues. A DUI 20 years ago. No offense people, but DUIs were VERY common back then. It wasn't seen as taboo like it is today. Not saying I'm ok with it, but considering we have a Presidential nominee that has tried cocaine, I would say it isn't relevant.

Her daughter having a baby. Journalism at a new low. Especially the rumors that Palin's daughter was somehow actually her granddaughter.

Her being a member of the Secessionist's Party. This one might backfire. For "state's rights" people like me, I support the effort. If she felt her state was not being fairly represented, she had that right.

Sirs are you admitting to being unpatriotic? :mellow:

So, as you complain that the woman's husband's DUI is irrelevant you get in a shot about Obama's admitted cocaine abuse from college? Very diplomatic, indeed. Why not the commander-in-chief's DUI arrest?hmmmm I agree that it is irrelevant. But why is someone acting like this is all some new kind of journalism? Didn't Hillary Clinton shoot vince Foster? :lol:

So, as you complain that the woman's husband's DUI is irrelevant you get in a shot about Obama's admitted cocaine abuse from college? Very diplomatic, indeed. Why not the commander-in-chief's DUI arrest?hmmmm I agree that it is irrelevant. But why is someone acting like this is all some new kind of journalism? Didn't Hillary Clinton shoot vince Foster? :lol:
She was announced on Friday. In 4 days, all the media has done is attempt to dig up the dirt. I want to know more about the woman too, but some of the **** they are running with here is absolutely disgraceful.

And I brought up the cocaine use as a comparison. Run a search on Yahoo and show how many mainstream news sources carry any info about Obama's drug use...

So in other words it is perfectly ok for Neocons to use these types of tactics but not ok if the democrats do it? Awesome, love the double standard going on here.

Can I have my share of the 60 million dollars in tax money back that was used just to find out Bill Clinton got a BJ consequentially from a female adult?

She was announced on Friday. In 4 days, all the media has done is attempt to dig up the dirt. I want to know more about the woman too, but some of the **** they are running with here is absolutely disgraceful.

And I brought up the cocaine use as a comparison. Run a search on Yahoo and show how many mainstream news sources carry any info about Obama's drug use...

He wrote of it in his book, right? Hey, this is the world we live in now...salaciousness sells. Do a search on Paris Hilton's DUi and do one on Bush's and see which has more returns. Jamie Lynn Spear's pregnancy was on the front page of MSNBC.com more than once. Is that real news or is the idea of a pregnant teen titilating to the public. Obama has been getting hammered by innuendo from the blogoshpere for months. It's what we seem to demand under the auspices of "right to know." It will probably all have a GOP friendly backlash anyway for what that's worth. The Bush daughters got "outed" for trying to purchase alcohol under age (Hod did their secret service trail let that happen=the bigger question!) Move along here...there will be hundreds of righteous indignation columns coming in the next day or two.

So in other words it is perfectly ok for Neocons to use these types of tactics but not ok if the democrats do it? Awesome, love the double standard going on here.

Can I have my share of the 60 million dollars in tax money back that was used just to find out Bill Clinton got a BJ consequentially from a female adult?

Who said it was okay for "neocons" (whatever the **** that is) to use these types of tactics?

There is open season on Palin just like there is on Obama! Why was it ok to know EVERYTHING about Obama but people are just supposed to smile and say ok when it come to Sarah Palin! That is so hypocritical. For almost a year now we have heard that Obama was a radical christian communist (?) that was raised by a Islamic terrorist. Yet don't say anything about Palin! Please! I for one and glad to see the focus off of Obama. Lets see how the Republicans handle the heat for a change!

There is open season on Palin just like there is on Obama! Why was it ok to know EVERYTHING about Obama but people are just supposed to smile and say ok when it come to Sarah Palin! That is so hypocritical. For almost a year now we have heard that Obama was a radical christian communist (?) that was raised by a Islamic terrorist. Yet don't say anything about Palin! Please! I for one and glad to see the focus off of Obama. Lets see how the Republicans handle the heat for a change!

I agree with the bunny chick.

Once again, someone comes in and opines that it is supposedly "okay" for Obama but not for Palin.

I was one of the single most vocal critics of the "Obama is a Christian Muslim Communist" folks. The REAL question is why are you all so gleeful to see the shoe on the other foot if it was NOT "okay" to slander Obama in that fashion?

Can anyone on this Board be consistent?

Once again, someone comes in and opines that it is supposedly "okay" for Obama but not for Palin.

I was one of the single most vocal critics of the "Obama is a Christian Muslim Communist" folks. The REAL question is why are you all so gleeful to see the shoe on the other foot if it was NOT "okay" to slander Obama in that fashion?

Can anyone on this Board be consistent?

Payback time?

Indeed. I have no shame. I am Lord Dark Helmet.

:lol:

Fair enough.

I can't wait to hear from everyone else though.

You know, the ones who said "no, not ME!" when the folks on the other side said "if it were McCain, you'd be doing the same thing!" Turns out they were right after all.

Sad, that.

:lol:

Fair enough.

I can't wait to hear from everyone else though.

You know, the ones who said "no, not ME!" when the folks on the other side said "if it were McCain, you'd be doing the same thing!" Turns out they were right after all.

Sad, that.

I haven't said it was alright. Her daughter should be left alone. But her husband is a big question mark as he has been sitting in on her private meetings.

Yeah i don't like the far left or the far right. I mean I read something that was saying that the Evangelicals love this because it shows her living the pro-life platform. But at the same time that is skewing the bigger notion of an Evangelical that premarital sex is wrong. I hate how either side uses one part of something to make a point while ignoring the part that doesn't work for their argument.

Yeah i don't like the far left or the far right. I mean I read something that was saying that the Evangelicals love this because it shows her living the pro-life platform. But at the same time that is skewing the bigger notion of an Evangelical that premarital sex is wrong. I hate how either side uses one part of something to make a point while ignoring the part that doesn't work for their argument.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/en:hypocrisy

Its not going to back fire at all. This is head and shoulders above states rights.

Here's a little history on the Alaska Independence Party. The AIP was founded by a gent named Joe Vogler.

Joe Vogler was a real whack job who ran for governor twice while in the AIP.

His platform while running for governor:

1) Stopping the sale of oil to the continental US in order to sell to it Japan.

2) Joining OPEC

3) Developing a military alliance with the Soviet Union to protect against US aggression.

4) And allowing above ground nuclear testing in the Arctic to open the area up for oil development .

Actually, I DO respect her for standing by her daughter during this. A WHOLE lot of conservatives have put their kids aside when political expedience stepped in (AHEM! "Alan Keyes").

And I DO respect her for teaching her daughter to take responsibility for her actions and not abort her child. Not a few conservatives have been on the wrong side of that issue as well.

But I wouldn't try to score political points off of that. I respect Obama's mother for raising him under less-than-ideal circumstances, too. It's not about the politics of it. It's just respecting people who do the right thing.

The problem is that people want to make it a political issue instead of a human issue. On a human level, this is a good story. Theologically speaking, Palin is applying the Gospel to her daughter. I can't see how that's a bad thing.