Dominique Foxworth....Our New CB

atljbo

Dominique Foxworth was traded to the Atlanta Falcons for a 2009 7th round draft pick. The Broncos could also receive a 5th round pick if he resigns with the Falcons

The only thing i dont like about this trade is that this is his last year on contract......A 5th round pick is not bad for Dominique Foxworth...... Dominique Foxworth remind me of Phillip Buchanon..... They are better as a Cover 2 CB rather then a pure man cover corner

5-11 184lbs

40 yard:4.34

20 yard:2.56

10 yard:1.48

Bench press:14

Verticle Jump: 41

Broad Jump: 10'05"

So who gets cut.......Blue Adams or David Irons

Wow, that trade came out of nowhere.

Yea my peoples told me he heard that the broncos was talking to a NFC South team but i thought it was the Bucs or Saints.......we have a really young but talented CB group

Brent Grimes

Chris Houston

Chevis Jackson

Dominique Foxworth

David Irons

Blue Adams

So who will we cut......Blue Adams or David Irons

also remember....If we resign Dominique Foxworth....We are basically trading the raiders 5th round pick

Thats very true........He wasnt bad as a FS........

Yeah, and his versatility provides us with a multitude of options.

However. I don't agree with the comment in the other thread that we should be starting him right away. Who would you put him in front of on the depth chart? Grimes has been impressive. Houston is progressing, and Jackson has played well too. I wouldn't play him in front of Coleman either.

He does however give us great depth, and if either of our starters struggles, he can step in when ready.

I love this move more and more the more I think about it.

However. I don't agree with the comment in the other thread that we should be starting him right away. Who would you put him in front of on the depth chart? Grimes has been impressive. Houston is progressing, and Jackson has played well too. I wouldn't play him in front of Coleman either.

He does however give us great depth, and if either of our starters struggles, he can step in when ready.

he is a vet..but I agree...lets see how grimes and houston do the first couple of games..if they struggle foxworth steps in...if not..he is great depth...

I cant lie....TD is really impressing me...... Dominique Foxworth can play FS and CB...... We are deeper at both positions and have a pretty good player......

Draft Profile

POSITIVES: Alert, instinctive quarterback who immediately locates the ball and makes plays on the pass. Displays solid playing speed, reads the receivers eyes and quickly gets his head back around. Gets vertical to defend the throw. Works to get off blocks and defend the run.

NEGATIVES: Plays back on his heels in man coverage. Undersized and beaten by large receivers.

ANALYSIS: Consistent on the college level, Foxworth is best suited to play backed off the line of scrimmage or in a zone system at the next level.

I agree.....He should not start right now....... If he come in and impress the Coaches....Then so be it.......But yea.... Our CBs and FS need to stay on there game.......I can see Coach Smith using Foxworth and Coleman as our safety on Dime packages.........We will see

I agree.....He should not start right now....... If he come in and impress the Coaches....Then so be it.......But yea.... Our CBs and FS need to stay on there game.......I can see Coach Smith using Foxworth and Coleman as our safety on Dime packages.........We will see

Yeah I was thinking that. We could put Coleman at the SS and Foxworth at the FS during obvious passing situations.

The way i look at it. Our 7th rnd pick this year in wilrey isn't on the team playing. So even if it's for 1 year we atleast get great valyue for our 7th next year and not some player that will leave the team.

I agree.... and if we resign him.....We will still have the raiders 5th round pick.....Foxworth is worth moe then a 5th round....even as a backup

I agree.... and if we resign him.....We will still have the raiders 5th round pick.....Foxworth is worth moe then a 5th round....even as a backup

I totally agree to me he is a 3rd to 4th rnd value. He could start on a number of teams that run the Zone scheme like we do. Wouldn't surprise me if he takes over Houston's spot sooner than later. Thats right we got it in halls trade so not bad at all.

I totally agree to me he is a 3rd to 4th rnd value. He could start on a number of teams that run the Zone scheme like we do. Wouldn't surprise me if he takes over Houston's spot sooner than later. Thats right we got it in halls trade so not bad at all.

Hopefully this will light a fire under Houston's *** and we will see some great improvement.

Trading or Foxworth I believe has made CB one of our deepest positions over night,

Comments from Bronco Fans

Falcons got a steal. That's a horrible trade for the Broncos if this is true, Fox is better than that.
yeah this is just ********.....seriously why
IDK but that makes two former Broncos that I will see playing in Atlanta on the OPPOSITE team... Jason Elam and Foxworth.. ****.
Foxworth is worth more than a 7th round pick... I wonder if he did something that made Shanahan want to get rid of him...
At least he went to my 2nd favorite team! I agree that a 7th is a joke though.
Put a good D-line in front of him and he will make a good starting corner, sooner or later that new head coach in Atlanta will do just that , i wish Foxworth the best of luck on his soon to be new starting job with the Falcons.

i guarantee you that we regret this very soon
This must be our way of apologizing for the Lelie trade..unbelievable!
....lol..i like that one

You get the point.......They are upset

I wonder of this will bump Chevis out of the Nickel Back spot.

Doubt it, Jackson played a very good preseason ... I could see Foxworth challenge Houston and Grimes for their spots tho. Not in week 1, but in a Zone with over the top help from a Safety, this guy could really show off some playmaking skills.

Very good pickup to solidify the unproven secondary.