I want a Wii, but I want Madden09, WHAT TO DO?

I haven't owned a gaming system in several years, I've NEVER played 360 or PS3. I HAVE played wii and I like it, I like the fact that anyone can play it, without fumbling with remotes (good for parties and such) and would like to own one of them.

The only game I care about is Madden 09. But I've heard that it sucks on the wii.

Could someone who knows about these things give me some insight.

I'm gonna buy a system in the next few weeks just to play Madden. Am I going to have to buy a wii AND something else?

What to do?

Guest genn0226

You're right. I haven't tried Madden for the Wii but there's no way it could match up too its PS3 and Xbox counterparts from what I've seen in reviews. So yeah, if you want to seriously play madden you're probably gonna have to buy one of the 2 other consoles. If you plan to ocassionally play (especially if you only plan on playing it when you have people over) I might give the Wii a shot.

honestly they are making the wii back to a gimmick system with all the cruddy games. i go out and by a 360 elite for 400 or a cheaper 360 than get a wii anymore. i used to want one, but then they came out with crappy games, and made it to what every1 thought it was, a gimmick novelty system.

Guest genn0226
If you're going to ONLY play Madden, get yourself an Arcade X360. It'll be $200 next week. Madden will be good on either system, so get the cheapest. Plus you won't need a HDD for only Madden.

Wouldn't he need one to save his franchise and such? Or does the system bring a small amount of memory he could use for Madden?

Wouldn't he need one to save his franchise and such? Or does the system bring a small amount of memory he could use for Madden?

comes with a memory card. if you're not going online at all, arcade is perfect for you. doesn't come with any hd componets though, pro does though.

Yeah, and I think they are starting to clear them out for cheaper than normal because they are going to introduce a 60GB model to replace it.

WIth a 20 gig, I can go online and everything?

Madden is still all that I'm interested in for now. I don't want anything special, I can only play a few hours a week; but I don't want something outdated the minute I buy it. I might buy some war games eventually, but thats about it.

WIth a 20 gig, I can go online and everything?

Madden is still all that I'm interested in for now. I don't want anything special, I can only play a few hours a week; but I don't want something outdated the minute I buy it. I might buy some war games eventually, but thats about it.

yeah 20 gig does everything the 60 does, only difference i believe is that some 20 gigs don't have hdmi capability. I'd definitly get the 20 if you could find it, but if you can't, just get the 60. the elite is pretty worthless. and oh ya, as far as war games.....gears of war 2, november. that is all.

yeah 20 gig does everything the 60 does, only difference i believe is that some 20 gigs don't have hdmi capability. I'd definitly get the 20 if you could find it, but if you can't, just get the 60. the elite is pretty worthless. and oh ya, as far as war games.....gears of war 2, november. that is all.

I believe all the newer 20 gig 360's have HDMI..

I just bought a 'core system' off ebay for 89 dollars. Please tell me I made a good purchase.

Just remember, I'm not looking to go online, and get all serious about this. I just want to play some football.

1 Can I play a franchise with this one?

2 I can buy a 20 gb HDD if I want correct?

3 I can save all the things that I need to with the 256 right?

4 Did I choose wisely?

thanks guys.

Guest genn0226

1) Yes.

2) Yes. (I'd buy a used one if you want to save a few bucks)

3) 256mb should be enough.

4)As long as it's a WORKING core system it seems like you got a good deal.

Simple solution is to buy a Wii and then go on ebay and buy an Xbox 360 that has the red ring of death. I just bought a 360 elite on eBay for $80 shipped with the hard drive. It has the red ring of death. It's a cheap and easy fix. I already have the IC Diamond 7 thermal gel on the way as well. It cost $7. I will have $87 in my xbox and it will work just as well as a new one.

Simple solution is to buy a Wii and then go on ebay and buy an Xbox 360 that has the red ring of death. I just bought a 360 elite on eBay for $80 shipped with the hard drive. It has the red ring of death. It's a cheap and easy fix. I already have the IC Diamond 7 thermal gel on the way as well. It cost $7. I will have $87 in my xbox and it will work just as well as a new one.

how do you repair RROD xbox 360s then ?

how do you repair RROD xbox 360s then ?

The heatsinks have cheap thermal gel on them, pull it apart and take out the heat sinks. Scrape the old crappy thermal gel off of them with an old credit card and then clean with a q-tip and denatured alcohol (91%). From there let it dry. You also need to do this to the CPU, removing the crappy thermal gel and then cleaning. Once it is dry, apply a thin even coat of a high quality thermal gel (IC Diamond 7 carat or Arctic Silver)to the heatsink, CPU and GPU. Let that dry. Replace the heatsink, putting a single rubber washer and a fiber washer under between the heatsink and the board on the screw post. Badabing, badaboom, Xbox repaired.