Update on Tiger Woods' First Golf Course

womfalcs3

As you know, it's being built in Dubai. His first golf course in the US is being built in North Carolina I believe... it's his second overall.

It will be part of the HUGE project, DubaiLand. DubaiLand will not only include amusement parks, but a sports city, the largest malls in the world, golf courses by not only Tiger Woods, but Ernie Els as well, and so so much more (Huge movie theaters, ice skating rinks, 5-star hotels, a world-class racetrack, etc..). Some recent pictures of the layout are shown below.

The cheapest villa on the course will cost 45 million Derham... which is 12.27 million US Dollars. The most expensive residence (basically a mansion) will cost you 51.8 million US Dollars. This is as of June, when prices increased by 30%. Could be higher now.

2576397284_d156fab64f_b.jpg

2575568887_38bb4eb50f_b.jpg

sucks when they run out of oil

The US economy is much more dependent on oil than the UAE's. The UAE's economy isn't just oil-driven. Their private and tourism sectors are very big as well.

Plus by the time oil is gone, the UAE's private sector will be the driving force.

The US is the 3rd largest producer of oil in the world after Russia and Saudi Arabia. US oil companies are a significant part of the US economy. :)

Plus the US consumes 20 million barrels a day... which drives the economy.

sucks when they run out of oil

They're kind of counting on that. That's the reason they turned their city into a futuristic playground. They're mass producing all their oil in an attampt to sell it all of quickly to continue to fund their building. When they run out of oil, tourist dollars will more than make up for the loss of oil.

They're kind of counting on that. That's the reason they turned their city into a futuristic playground. They're mass producing all their oil in an attampt to sell it all of quickly to continue to fund their building. When they run out of oil, tourist dollars will more than make up for the loss of oil.

Yeah they apear to be planning for the future quite well. I do wonder however, how much more can they support? I guess they are going for the outright world title of largest tourist attraction. I wish I could visit there and see this place up close in about 3-5 years.

It will be part of the HUGE project, DubaiLand. DubaiLand will not only include amusement parks, but a sports city, the largest malls in the world, golf courses by not only Tiger Woods, but Ernie Els as well, and so so much more (Huge movie theaters, ice skating rinks, 5-star hotels, a world-class racetrack, etc..). Some recent pictures of the layout are shown below.

And Sergio Garcia, Greg Norman are designing their own courses in Dubai too.