If you could have a do-over: Do you keep Matt Schaub?

Jedi-Falcon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was Schaub biggest fan and I think Ryan and Schaub are identicial but you cant teach moxy ..You cant teach ice in the veins and wanting the ball with 2.00 mins left and driving down the field. You cant teach leadership and the thrive to be successful..I think Ryan in limited time showed me that over Schaub . Plus we wipe the state clean. We put the Vick/Schaub era behind us and look foward to Ryan . Who knows if Schaub was our QB and Vick was in prision and Schaub failed the Vick saga would continue do we bring him back or not ..Now there is no questions who our QB for the future is ..

In April of 2007, I was screaming for the team to trade Vick to the Raiders for their first round pick (this was before all of the dog fighting garbage came to light). Under that scenario, the Falcons could have had a good QB and still drafted someone like Calvin Johnson - which would have been a much better situation than the one we are in now with a brand new, unproven rookie QB and no depth at wide receiver.

I'd still trade Schaub. I'm still not convinced just how good Schaub is. He didn't play nearly as well as I thought he would last season. He still developing and has some talent. Rosenfels outplayed him last season IMO...

I think Ryan has the potential to be much better than Schaub, even though they are fairly similar. Perhaps Schaub will break out this season and play really well for the Texans?

In April of 2007, I was screaming for the team to trade Vick to the Raiders for their first round pick (this was before all of the dog fighting garbage came to light). Under that scenario, the Falcons could have had a good QB and still drafted someone like Calvin Johnson - which would have been a much better situation than the one we are in now with a brand new, unproven rookie QB and no depth at wide receiver.

:o yeah, and on defense grimes is unproven and we have no depth at LB. :lol:

Matt Schaub is still unproven as far as I am concerned. A journeyman like Sage Rosenfels outplayed him last season...

Didn't the trading of Schaub land us Blalock, and help us land Sam Baker?

Schuab had to take over the Vick team. Ryan will get a whole new team built around him and is the face of the franchise. Schuab was never going to be the face of the franchise because Vick was.

Had schuab stayed he would have got burned like joey during the patrino era. I like the trade and i like the picks we got for him to help build the ryan era.

Ryan hands down is better for the falcons.

definitely better off with Ryan, methinks.............while Matt Schaub is a decent QB in NFL who should get better - I just don't think he has that "IT" factor that Matt Ryan seems to have. I think Ryan will be a star and Schaub will go on to be a journeyman starter in the NFL.

Are you kidding ???

QB's like Schaub are everywhere.............a dime a dozen.

A Matt Ryan comes around once every 15 years !!!

By the end of this season the rest of the football world will see how special "Fine Ryan" is. Right now they're too preoccupied with the rest of the "sure bets" of the NFL.......................the vanilla world.

Total boredom.

come on, Hindsight is a Damnsight Bettersight than Foresight

No one could have foreseen the Vick problem so the decision process was totally different then

in Hindsight after the Vick problem the decision process on Schaub would have been all together different

So a DO Over (which implies the same knowledge set available) would have brought the same results as it did then

A Do Over (with Foresight knowledge of the Vick problem) would not be a DO Over it would be something else.