It is confirmed the precious angel Caylee Anthony is dead

SWIFT HITTER

WESH-Channel 2 joined WFTV-Channel 9 in reporting that the little girl is dead.

"For the first time, in a one-on-one interview, the lead detective on the case told us the lab reports indicate Caylee is dead," WESH reporter Bob Kealing said.

"The information that we got back from the FBI lab indicating that she was in the trunk of that car and that she's dead certainly is information we take very seriously," Sgt. John Allen of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said on camera.

But Kealing added that the tests don't "provide a probable cause" of how the little girl's body wound up in the car of her mother, Casey Anthony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This low life mother needs to be hit with a pipe every single day across the face ,have her jaw broken , be electrcuted , tortured with wires to the back.

It is sad that what all of us already knew has been confirmed. Maybe one of the legal eagles on the board can tell us why she hasn't been brought up on charges yet.

1) Missing 30 days before reported.

2) Smell of decomposing body in trunk.

3) Gas cans from father's shed in trunk. Tells me that the body has been burned

4) Lab results confirm Caley is dead.

Isn't this enough?

I'd think so. I just really hoped I was wrong.

It is sad that what all of us already knew has been confirmed. Maybe one of the legal eagles on the board can tell us why she hasn't been brought up on charges yet.

Isn't this enough?

thats what i thought but all that evidence is circumstantial..think they want to find the body but now its been confirmed they should charge her and hope she cracks

Isn't this enough?

If I were the prosecutor, I'd decline prosecution of this case at this time based on this evidence.

First, I'm not even sure who you would charge with what. Certainly you could (and I believe they have) charged the Mother with crimes she apparently commited related to the investigation. But, beyond that, how does the above evidence indicate the child was a victim of murder (and in what degree) versus manslaughter (and in what degree) versus a non-criminal cause of death? Also, there is a clear tie between the circumstantial evidence and mother's car, but not the mother.

Bottom line is that law enforcement must first prove the child's death was the result of criminal activity. Second, they have to determine what exactly that criminal activity was. Third, they must determine the person(s) who engaged in that criminal activity. Fourth, and most importantly, the prosecutors must be certain they have the evidence to prove each and every element of whatever crime they charge beyond a reasonable doubt.

This proves nothing. I bet you would find at least 50 hairs from my daughter in my trunk. Her stuff is always in my trunk. Sleeping bag, blankets, toys. Hair can come from anywhere. As for the lab results that prove decomposition of a body, that could be anything. A dead pet such as a dog or cat in the trunk will put off the same gases. This is very shaky ground these guys are walking on. No good prosecutor is going to go forward with a murder trial based on this evidence. Without a confession or a body they really have nothing to charge her with. I believe the mother is involved, but this really proves nothing in the eyes of a jury at trial.

It's not just the gases, if the "gases" were ever part of it. The lab can tell if the host body was alive or dead when the hair removed from the body. Don't ask me how, but they can. I actually heard on the news 3 or 4 days ago that the lab had already said the girl was dead because of the hair. Look it up. It's pretty interesting.

I'm gonna check that out. It's been 4 years since I left law enforcement to work in the private security field. I have not heard of this technique.

Thanks, Oregonsfan. I certainly hope that the police get all of the evidence they need to prosecute and convict the person(s) responsible for the death of this little girl.

Apart from whatever physical evidence they may find, it does appear that the Mother and her family just can't manage to keep their lips zipped. That is pretty much always good news for law enforcement and prosecutors.

If I were the prosecutor, I'd decline prosecution of this case at this time based on this evidence.

First, I'm not even sure who you would charge with what. Certainly you could (and I believe they have) charged the Mother with crimes she apparently commited related to the investigation. But, beyond that, how does the above evidence indicate the child was a victim of murder (and in what degree) versus manslaughter (and in what degree) versus a non-criminal cause of death? Also, there is a clear tie between the circumstantial evidence and mother's car, but not the mother.

Bottom line is that law enforcement must first prove the child's death was the result of criminal activity. Second, they have to determine what exactly that criminal activity was. Third, they must determine the person(s) who engaged in that criminal activity. Fourth, and most importantly, the prosecutors must be certain they have the evidence to prove each and every element of whatever crime they charge beyond a reasonable doubt.

To me it sounds like there is no way they will end up convicting this woman of anything unless she finally cracks.

Not trying to be a couch attorney, but I feel that the grandparents should be brought up on charges when the mother is. I just can't believe that they are not covering up for her. But that's just my opinion...

I don't know if they are covering for her (i.e., providing a false alibi for critical times, as one example), but they may be withholding information known to them from law enforcement - particularly if, in their view, that information is inculpatory. Deceptiveness by omission is just as problematic as deceptiveness by commission.

To me it sounds like there is no way they will end up convicting this woman of anything unless she finally cracks.

While that is possible, I have my doubts.

First, you have to understand there is a very high probability the public only knows a small fraction of what law enforcement knows.

Second, the liklihood of other people having information (even if it is only a drab of information) is very high and people (particularly people that have contact with law enforcement) typically do not stay quite for very long. Sooner or later, someone is going to say something to someone else, who will repeat it to someone else, etc., and it will make its way to the ears of law enforcement.

Third, for all the "tough talk" people do about not speaking with law enforcement, only a few of those people are willing to do time for the cause.

Lastly, if there is indeed a dead body, eventually those remains will be found. When that happens, the end of the investigation is likely in sight.

I think it has something to do with the fact that hair folicles start to show decomposition so quickly. If you were in law enforcement then you know that some of the most accurate drug testing methodes are done by taking hair samples because they essentially keep a record of activities, much like the trunk of a tree. Apparently the hair folicles are the key to this conclusion.

I am not sure how that is possible. Hair does not grow after you die.

They still haven't got a body, so they can't say 100% if she's dead. I believe she is as does the rest of the world. but that report that was the first post doesn't confirm it, just what their speculation is. I hope that some butch ***** beats the **** out of her mom and then shanks her so she'll bleed to death in a slow and painful death. She doesn't deserve a humane death.

Isn't this enough?

she has been brought up on charges, but not charges related to the death. I'd imagine the prosecutor is going to get all the evidence before charging her just to make sure they don't mess up. They have her on a 500,000 dollar bond which she isn't going to make so the prosecutor can take their time and do it right.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we don't know 100% for sure that casey anthony is that killed caylee. the evidence will be collected and justice will be served.