Is there any other OT you would want over Sam Baker

miKevicK777

As of right now, no. That may change in the future as Long settles in. One can only hope Baker will continue to be impressive and have a dominating career. We are that kind of team now that has those sort of players, the ones that have very successful careers with one team. Hopefully, Baker will be that for us.

Second that

I havnt been paying any attention to the rookie tackles on other teams

and i havnt heard anything about them besides jake long, which a few of u have said that hes gotten beat badly a few times

if uve been paying attention, is there any rookie tackle thats better than sam baker?

nope :D ; long is a hair better run blocker but i'd rather have t-rex overall

and i havnt heard anything about them besides jake long, which a few of u have said that hes gotten beat badly a few times

if uve been paying attention, is there any rookie tackle thats better than sam baker?

I THINK I'LL LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE!

I think Baker was our target in the draft all along. I was watching Falcons Face to Face w/ Fred Kalil shortly after the draft. They had Fred in the Falcons tape room w/ Mike Smith. The one thing they kept showing over and over again was how quick Sam's footwork was. A big program LT that started for 3 years on top of that made selecting him a no brainer decision. Can't wait to hear all the analysts say how wrong they were about Sam. I won't hold my breath.

To answer your question, no I haven't watched the other tackles. So I can't compare Sam to them, however, does it really matter? Just as long as Baker works out for us, that's all I care about.

I too love the Baker pick, but if given the choice i probably would take Long.
When we first took Baker I was against the pick but now the only tackle I would consider take over him would be Long.

Can't go wrong with a Michigan Man #1 overall. :D:D:D:D

Let's wait until people actually play a real NFL game before we starting judging them.

Everyone said Jamal Anderson was a great pick at #8 last year can we see him play 16 games first before we jump to conclusion.

Before he got hurt during his run at USC, thinking he would leave early, he was projected as a Top 5 pick. I remember thinking how great it would be for us to land him.

Normally, I don't praise injuries, but I'm happy for his because it benefitted us BIG TIME. :P When we moved up, I just knew we were about to grab Baker. Needless to say, I was estatic.

Before he got hurt during his run at USC, thinking he would leave early, he was projected as a Top 5 pick. I remember thinking how great it would be for us to land him.

Normally, I don't praise injuries, but I'm happy for his because it benefitted us BIG TIME. :P When we moved up, I just knew we were about to grab Baker. Needless to say, I was estatic.

We did get lucky!! LOL :D