I am worried about our 3rd string QB

WorryWart

I've noticed that Bouman was cut. Chris Simms would be an upgrade. Culpepper is still his own agent. Harrington is looking for a job. Lorenzen is available. Gray was cut.

There are many trade possibilities out there.

Who do we sign or trade for to replace DJ if we ever need a 3rd stringer? I'm worried that if we ever have a game where we put DJ in to kneel that he might fumble and the other team return it for a TD. We can't have that. I love DJ as a person, but as a player we have better options available.

Bring somebody home TD!!

Id take chris simms in a heart beet as ryans backup. Then drop redman to 3rd string. Simms knows the tampa playbook as well. But i think he will get offers and the best we could do is 2nd string as ryans backup.

Drop dj down to practice squad. But simms is way better than dj and is better than redman. But unless simms doesn't get any offers (not likely to happen then i dont see him even considering here.)

But simms if we would come here would lock our qb situation up for years. Its a shame he got treated the way he did in tampa. ryan simms and redman i wouldnt worry about who ever played qb.

I've noticed that Bouman was cut. Chris Simms would be an upgrade. Culpepper is still his own agent. Harrington is looking for a job. Lorenzen is available. Gray was cut.

Who do we sign or trade for to replace DJ if we ever need a 3rd stringer? I'm worried that if we ever have a game where we put DJ in to kneel that he might fumble and the other team return it for a TD. We can't have that. I love DJ as a person, but as a player we have better options available.

Bring somebody home TD!!

lol, good one Worry. I too am worried about DJ's kneeling skills, we just haven't seen enough of them to know whether he can handle the pressure.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Im quite confident in Matt Ryan, Redman and Shockley. If the FO thought we needed another QB, be it second or 3rd stringer you can bet your savings that TD already would have acted. If you wanna know how I know it, its because TD is that kinda guy. He makes things happen.

I have never been a DJ fan As a matter of fact I have been one the ones saying I think he sucked,BUT the more I see him play the better I like him...I think DJ is going to be alot better than most fans here think he will be..The key with Dj I think is to stay healthy..

But if ryan got hurt id still be nervous with redman coming in. If we could get chris simms then id feel a lot better about our chances of winning. Nothing against redman he did come in last season like joey and was put in the worst situation a qb ever could be put in. He made the best of it and luckly patrino left before he could ruin redmans rep as well.

But simms is better than redman and is good enough to start for many teams. I dont see simms not having a job this season. But if we could get him i dont think there is a better choice for back up out there. I dont see redman as a long term answer even as backup. I respect the redman story and think he is a good falcons though. i think he deserves his backup role when you consider joey and dj where the other choices. But if simms is a choice then i think dj goes to ps and redman drops to third.

But simms showed he can play and win in this league and he potential to get better and is young. But i think his goal is to start somewhere and that isnt gonna happen here unless ryan goes down.

But if ryan got hurt id still be nervous with redman coming in. If we could get chris simms then id feel a lot better about our chances of winning. Nothing against redman he did come in last season like joey and was put in the worst situation a qb ever could be put in. He made the best of it and luckly patrino left before he could ruin redmans rep as well.

But simms is better than redman and is good enough to start for many teams. I dont see simms not having a job this season. But if we could get him i dont think there is a better choice for back up out there. I dont see redman as a long term answer even as backup. I respect the redman story and think he is a good falcons though. i think he deserves his backup role when you consider joey and dj where the other choices. But if simms is a choice then i think dj goes to ps and redman drops to third.

But simms showed he can play and win in this league and he potential to get better and is young. But i think his goal is to start somewhere and that isnt gonna happen here unless ryan goes down.

Danight, what exactly do you base your "Simms is better than Redman" claim on?

<<<

Redman I think is the best QB we have right now.I watched all the preseaon game and I didnt see where Ryan beat him out. WE know that It is just ALL ABOUT MONEY AINT A DANG THING FUNNY!!The bottom line is Ryan making 70 million dollars is not going to sit on the bench!!

Redman Is twice as good as Simms..>G<

did you see redman play in the season simms got injured? <_<

If it wasn't for patrino redman would not have even be a falcon and still wouldn't be playing in the nfl. Sims had a injury that caused tampa to look for new qb`s. Redman didnt look any better in preseason than any of our other qb`s.

anyone who thinks ryan redman and dj is a better qb situation than ryan simms and redman really plays to much madden. See if simms doesn't land a job somewhere. Even fragile lefty got a third chance. With his knowledge of tampa bay he would be a great addition to us.

Culpepper is still his own agent.

And that is his problem. They say Culpepper has not been signed yet because he thinks he is a starting qb. During negotiations the teams are telling him he's not the same Culpepper but he has not accepted that yet.

Bring somebody home TD!!

LOL...what are the odds of that sccenario happening. Yeah, it takes so much talent to kneel...LOL. Sounds like your worrying is based on a lot of bias. Don't worry though he's got great kneeling skills.

I would take Harrington over any of those guys. Culpepper won't join any team unless he's a starter. Gray is what DJ would be in 5 years if DJ doesn't develop. Only thing Lorenzen has is a strong arm and a bulk of an OT. DJ's arm is stronger.

There are a lot more things I would be worried about than an 3rd string QB. If we get to a point where our 3rd string QB is in..the season is pretty much over - look at last year!

I agree to some extent. If we are in need of our 3rd string QB, something has gone terribly wrong in the first place, meaning there is little to do even if your... Peyton Manning. If the O-line keeps the groove going, we will never see Redman play a game again. I like Redman, but that would be the dream scenario.

did you see redman play in the season simms got injured? <_<

If it wasn't for patrino redman would not have even be a falcon and still wouldn't be playing in the nfl. Sims had a injury that caused tampa to look for new qb`s. Redman didnt look any better in preseason than any of our other qb`s.

anyone who thinks ryan redman and dj is a better qb situation than ryan simms and redman really plays to much madden. See if simms doesn't land a job somewhere. Even fragile lefty got a third chance. With his knowledge of tampa bay he would be a great addition to us.

Yes but redman proved last year he is a capable backup and can manage a game.

yhea he had an injury, but he has now recovered and has looked garbage in preseason there is no doubt about that. I would like Simms to land somewhere anywhere but here as Gruden did treat him badly but i dont want him clogging up cap space.

How can u say simms is a better QB than redman is a fool Simms didnt even play a snap last season where as I have already said Redman proved last year he can play back up and manage a game

and finally Simms should not come here just because he may have knowledge of the tampa 2. that is what we play coaches for not players..

How can u say simms is a better QB than redman is a fool Simms didnt even play a snap last season where as I have already said Redman proved last year he can play back up and manage a game

How many snaps did shockley take last year? :rolleyes: Simms was a starter when he got hurt and got replaced. Shockley was a practice squad player who got hurt. Your same argument against simms could be said for shockley and there is no nfl starts for dj to justify why he is on the roster. Joey was brought in because dj sucked and to replace schuab. then joey sucked. Then lefty was brought in and he sucked to. So redman just had to not suck as bad as them 2 .

How many snaps did shockley take last year? :rolleyes: Simms was a starter when he got hurt and got replaced. Shockley was a practice squad player who got hurt. Your same argument against simms could be said for shockley and there is no nfl starts for dj to justify why he is on the roster. Joey was brought in because dj sucked and to replace schuab. then joey sucked. Then lefty was brought in and he sucked to. So redman just had to not suck as bad as them 2 .

I dont paticulary want DJ on the team just for the reason if Ryan struggles there will be some here who start to scream for DJ to start instead.

Simms doesn't want to be a 3rd string QB its part of the reason he fell out with Gruden so what makes you think he will want to be a 3rd string QB with us.

and as i have already said know way should he get to start over Redman.

and finally TD and Smith know more about football than me and you x100 so really just come to terms that we have our 3 QB's /thread

Wasnt it DJ that scored twice against the Ravens? Meaning he can actually win games as well OMG... the dilemma is incomprehensible.

I agree with the above poster: I do not see Simms as a better QB than Redman.