HOW WELL DO YOU THINK THE FALCONS WILL DO THIS SEASON?

I think we will only get better as the year goes along. If we did pull a win in week 1 it would be great. But it would also send a odd message that we might be better than we actually are. We are gonna need time to get advanced. We are a young team with a lot of talent. TD seems to have a great eye for talent an smith seems to be the coach we where waiting for.

I think some teams will underestimate us and might find out we wont be a easy win.

I have to agree with you there, the Falcons are a young team and hopefully this could be a good thing but only a few more games will give the Falcons fans more of an idea what to expect for the upcoming season. I'm pulling for the Falcons this season and hopefully all goes well for them.

I think we will only get better as the year goes along. If we did pull a win in week 1 it would be great. But it would also send a odd message that we might be better than we actually are. We are gonna need time to get advanced. We are a young team with a lot of talent. TD seems to have a great eye for talent an smith seems to be the coach we where waiting for.

I think some teams will underestimate us and might find out we wont be a easy win.

They'll win the division because they were in last place last year and it's the NFC South. Just watch.

If that's true, then they're also destined to have a losing season the following year. I say now is the time to break all trends. A 6-10, last place finish in the NFC South (behind repeating division winner Tampa Bay) would be a good place to start. With that out of the way, we can then get to work on posting a long string of winning seasons starting in '09.

I think we're going to do better than expected and improve over the course of the season. I think the level of competition each week will be much improved over last year - it just seems like the whole Petrino fiasco really started to wear on the players toward the end of the season. As for the record, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and say 6-10.

Even if it means finishing with a losing record in '09? The 1992, 1999 and 2005 Falcons were some other notable trendy Falcons teams. I'm fed up with trendy.

No. We're trendy this year, and we break the trend next year! ;)

GO FALCONS!!

It's tough to win with a rookie QB. Roethlisberger is the most successful guy I've seen in recent memory and he didn't even start the first three games. Manning went 3-13 his first year, granted the Indy D was pretty bad back then.

Ryan looks like a leader, a quick study and a hard worker. How this will translate of the field is anyone's guess.

The Falcons defense will have to keep games close for Ryan and the offense. If we can do that we have a chance to surprise.

Since there have been new changes made for hopefully a much better Falcons team this season, i'd like to ask other members here how well do you think the Falcons will do this season?

we were rank 26th in rushing yds in 2007 - with the addition of m. turner and a improve offensive line, look for our rush offense to improve.

we were 23rd in scoring in 2007 - with the addittion of m.ryan, m.turner and a improve offensive line, we will score more points especially in the red zone.

our interior defense could be a problem for us. we were 26th against the run and 23rd against the pass in 2007. by signing big grady and drafting lofton and kroy biermann we improve our defense slightly. we will have to at least slow down

kelvin smith - detriot

larry johnson - kansas

deangelo williams - carolina

ryan grant - green bay

brian westbrook - phili

reggie bush - saints

lt - san diego

adrian peterson - minnesota

steven jackson - st.louis if we're going to have a decent season. if we can do that, i believe we can win 8 to 9 games this season.