To all the players that were cut.

innovativefx

Thank you for putting your best effort into this team - either as a rookie trying to make the team or a vet of the league. Each and every player that wore a Falcons jersey in the past 3 months deserves the respect from all of the true Falcons fans.

I hope each of them get a chance on another team or can land on our practice squad if eligible.

Harrington - I feel worse for him.He was one of the most committed players to the Falcons - even only being here for 1 year and under the worse coaching the Falcons ever had.

I'm sorry. I just don't have a lot of pity for Joey or any of the other cuts on the Falcons or in the league. They were all born with enough talent to play a game and make a living. I would feel sorry for the sanitation worker, or the teacher or a grocery store cashier that was laid off, but for most of these guys, getting cut means signing on with another team for several hundred thousand dollars a year. For some, it means having to go to a lesser league to play and still make more than just about all of us do in a year. Some of them get to retire after 10 plus years in the league. Finally, there are a few, in the worst situations, that HAVE to join the rest of the world and get a job outside of football.

Sorry, but I just don't see a need to write a letter of pity and gratitude to a bunch of guys getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a game.

I'm not tearing my hair out and putting on sackcloth for these guys, but getting rejected by team after team after team after you put in a lot of effort at doing something well just stinks, no matter what it is. Yeah, the guy who's a sanitation worker and gets laid off has a much rougher road than Joey does now, but that doesn't mean you can't feel one iota for the guy.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter, because neither you or I is doing anything to help out either guy, are we?

You have to admit - if you were working a job that was watched by the entire US - when you get "fired" wouldn't it be tough? Especially for some that have been cut multiple times in the past few years? Or a rookie that had high hopes?

Another thing - I meet ex-nfl players often and they don't have it as easy as you think usually. Unless you spend 5 years active - you don't get any benefits - no players union - no retirement.

So - a 7th round pick that maybe earned 400K... He would be lucky to be holding 100K in his pocket and be forced down the working path like the rest of the US. That money would not last long - really - it would just maybe be a down-payment on a house.

BTW - practice squad guys - only make something like 78K/year. Not everyone in the NFL makes 10million/year. :)

I'm not tearing my hair out and putting on sackcloth for these guys, but getting rejected by team after team after team after you put in a lot of effort at doing something well just stinks, no matter what it is. Yeah, the guy who's a sanitation worker and gets laid off has a much rougher road than Joey does now, but that doesn't mean you can't feel one iota for the guy.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter, because neither you or I is doing anything to help out either guy, are we?

Kurt Warner was a bag boy, then won the Super Bowl

Chris Redman, was a door to door insurance salesman.

what is your chance of picking yourself up to NFL level?

give these guys some credit for trying, you never tried.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying...