2 Alabama jrs impressed me today

atljbo

6'4 335lbs LT Andre Smith:This guy reminds me of Jason Peters....SMITH IS A BEAST........ Alot of analysis will say that Andre Smith is a Guard because he is 6'4 on the dot or a little under 6'4 and also compare him with Shawn Andrews.....This guy is a PROBOWL LT

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

6'4 365lbs DT Terrence Cody:Dude was unblockable out there.... Clemson sent the Guard and Center Cody way and he still consistently got penetration..... It got so bad that Clemson just started to chop block him every play..... I can see Cody having a HUGE year and leaving Alabama after this year(his first year at alabama)...... Terrence Cody came to Alabama at 400lbs but he has slimmed down to 365lbs...lol

(he runs a 5.0 flat 40)...... C.J. Spiller and James Davis only ran for 20 yards....COMBINED

This is what one of the top rated Centers in the nation and other team mates said

"First time I saw him, he was on the basketball court, dunking and doing 360s with the ball," senior center Antoine Caldwell said. "I was like, `Dude is an incredible athlete.'"
"It shocked me," defensive end Brandon Deaderick said recently of his size. "It's kind of scary, him being that big and being able to move like that. You have to think if he was just (300 pounds), he could come in here and run a 4.5. He's nimble."

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I hope both of this guys have a BIG year and enter the 2009 nfl draft

• 4 weeks later...
Wait... if this is Cody's first year at Alabama, he wouldn't be eligible for the draft, would he? Or is he a juco transfer or something who does have the necessary two years away from his graduating class?

Direwolf

yes he was a JUCO transfer, but he said he will stay for his senior year, so he will be in the 2010 draft. that is, if he keeps his word. 1 year in college (not juco) would probably not be enough to prepare him for success in the NFL. i think he recognizes that.

yes he was a JUCO transfer, but he said he will stay for his senior year, so he will be in the 2010 draft. that is, if he keeps his word. 1 year in college (not juco) would probably not be enough to prepare him for success in the NFL. i think he recognizes that.

I agree....but its always a chance.....financial reason always come first...........Its too early to call it

I agree....but its always a chance.....financial reason always come first...........Its too early to call it

true, but the 1 year wonder could really hurt him. however, there really isnt a top quality talent in this draft, so who knows, he could surge up to the top of the board if he declares. there isnt a clear #1 right now, and i really dont think there is anyone worth a top 15 at this point. cody definately could move up all the way to the top if he declared, especially with a good year this year. not to mention his freakish athletic ability and his ability to stuff the run in the middle of the defensive line.

you are right though, its too early to call it. i really think it could be to his benefit to wait another year though. he might slim down some more (365 is still pretty high, if he can lose 10-15 more and get down to grady size imagine how well his strength and agility combo would react) and improve his overall technique, not to mention he wouldnt be as raw of a prospect. hed have more production to match his sky-high potential.

jmo, but the senior year would be a good move for him. we shall see. ;)

jbo, is it just me or are we carrying this forum by ourselves right now? :lol:

jbo, is it just me or are we carrying this forum by ourselves right now? :lol:

For the most part it's just you two. I'll keep updating the Clays Matthews' stats in the sleeper thread, I'll pick up the slack in the offseason though.

Right now I'm mostly in the college sports and TATF.

For the most part it's just you two. I'll keep updating the Clays Matthews' stats in the sleeper thread, I'll pick up the slack in the offseason though.

Right now I'm mostly in the college sports and TATF.

yeah, thats where im in mostly too (and ABF). however, i think it would be fun to see how my rankings change from now all through the year and on into the offseason for college and the NFL. so im getting an early start (like i always do, i cant stay away for long :P ).

yeah, thats where im in mostly too (and ABF). however, i think it would be fun to see how my rankings change from now all through the year and on into the offseason for college and the NFL. so im getting an early start (like i always do, i cant stay away for long :P ).

I can wait for the offseason. I wait too dagum long for the season . :angry:

Props to you for being able to handle that place. God forbid anyone says anything negative about Matt Stafford or any of the other players on UGA.

:lol: I know what you mean. Then you say something good about someone from the school you like (USC for me) and you're a homer and wrong. Stafford is the best thing since sliced bread and Knowshon Moreno can walk on water. I can take the heat though. B) I find it hilarious because there's a lot of people in there who love hating on USC.