Coaches Having a Rough Start Or Already On The Hot Seat Thread

ATL Bear

The coaches who probably didn't sign up for this type of start.

Rich Rodriguez - Michigan

Mike Sherman - Texas A&M

Art Briles - Baylor (Yes, I had to throw in my alma mater after the dismal performance against Wake Forest)

Already on the hot seat.

Frank Beamer - Va. Tech

Dave Wannstedt - Pittsburgh

Tommy Bowden - Clemson

Feel free to add to the list.

i don't think tommy bowden is on the hotseat.. he is loved in clemson and they will give him as much time as he wants IMO. I have a friend who works there in their administration and he has told me how much love they have for bowden.. all that matters is graduating players and being competitive. If they win the acc this is all forgotten. I think the one coach who is on the hotseat is dave wannestadt.. he barely kept his job this past season even with the win over wvu.

i don't think tommy bowden is on the hotseat.. he is loved in clemson and they will give him as much time as he wants IMO. I have a friend who works there in their administration and he has told me how much love they have for bowden.. all that matters is graduating players and being competitive. If they win the acc this is all forgotten. I think the one coach who is on the hotseat is dave wannestadt.. he barely kept his job this past season even with the win over wvu.

I have no real insight into Clemson, but I thought Bowden almost lost his job two or three years ago. I know expectations were high this year, so if they drop in the ACC ranks this year, wouldn't you believe he could/would be in trouble?

I think it all depends on who you talk to Sac. I've talked to a few at Clemson who feel like after a promising start, Bowden has done nothing but disappoint and they want him gone.

I have no real insight into Clemson, but I thought Bowden almost lost his job two or three years ago. I know expectations were high this year, so if they drop in the ACC ranks this year, wouldn't you believe he could/would be in trouble?

he may get some internal pressure/heat, but he won't lose his job. i asked my buddy that same question and he said unless they totally collapse he couldn't see anything happening to bowden job wise other than getting some heat internally.

I think it all depends on who you talk to Sac. I've talked to a few at Clemson who feel like after a promising start, Bowden has done nothing but disappoint and they want him gone.

i don't want to say where exactly he works, but he works in a part of the administration where he knows the boosters and he knows the those in power to make those decisions. The fans may have a different opinion, but they may not be the same as those big boosters/admin.

The coaches who probably didn't sign up for this type of start.

Rich Rodriguez - Michigan

Mike Sherman - Texas A&M

Art Briles - Baylor (Yes, I had to throw in my alma mater after the dismal performance against Wake Forest)

Already on the hot seat.

Frank Beamer - Va. Tech

Dave Wannstedt - Pittsburgh

Tommy Bowden - Clemson

Feel free to add to the list.

Frank Beamer isnt going anywhere.