I bet the Falcons wish we could get the dome rocking like it is tonight

Headshot

Ten times louder than it has ever been before, and it's 2 college teams who aren't even from Georgia. Although, college fans have forever been more passionate than professional fans, that's why the college game is so much better.

Louder than the St. Louis playoff game? Or the Monday Night opener against the Eagles? I don't know about what it sounded like on TV but I was at both games and it was loud.

Yeah and I'd like to send a giant middle finger to Mussberger and Herbstreit for insinuating that the Falcons never see that crowdsize.... Even if they are right, stupid jack officers.....

They don't ever see that kind of crowd size. Nothing wrong with telling the truth.

that's why the college game is so much better.

That's subject to debate. I prefer the NFL game. Bigger, faster, stronger, without the UGA vs. Georgia So. nonsense games.

I guess it all depends on the person. If I went to a big SEC school, I'd probably prefer the college game, but since I don't, and I have no ties to any major college program, it's hard for me to call the college game better.

Yeah and I'd like to send a giant middle finger to Mussberger and Herbstreit for insinuating that the Falcons never see that crowdsize.... Even if they are right, stupid jack officers.....

Yeah...I'd like to send em one too. I also saw in the background marquee "atlantafalcons.com" and I couldn't help but think "Yes, Clemson/Bama fans...come to our MESSAGE BOARD!!! You'll LOVE it!!! :D :D "

And NICE TD from Spiller.

that was the loudest I ever heard our crowd. place was a freenzy waving thw white towels to it was nuts

Yep, that game was unbelievable. You literally couldn't hear the person sitting next to you when they were screaming. To this day, that was the most fun I've ever had at a football game. The Philly/ATL MNF opener a year later was also pretty incredible.

Yep, that game was unbelievable. You literally couldn't hear the person sitting next to you when they were screaming. To this day, that was the most fun I've ever had at a football game. The Philly/ATL MNF opener a year later was also pretty incredible.

Same here . . . I'll never forget the St. Louis playoff game, it was the most fun I've ever had at a game. My ears rang for several hours after that game. I'll give the Philly a close second, but the playoff game was louder, IMO.

Tons of Bama fans were at the Hamilton E. Holmes station at 9 a.m. this morning. College football fans are 100x more passionate that NFL fans. But the loudest games at the GA Dome are always the college games. It will always be that way.

When the Falcons win and play meaningful night games, it will rival and surpass the college game.

NFL cant touch college at all. heck the stadiums are not even close. i mean the dallas new one is close, but i dont think its gonna sell out consistently if they start losing. heck adding 30K seats is a lot to fill for a team thats not the pats or indy. i mean i could see it if they win an SB soon, but soon they will lose fans if they dont win a playoff game atleast.

NFL cant touch college at all. heck the stadiums are not even close. i mean the dallas new one is close, but i dont think its gonna sell out consistently if they start losing. heck adding 30K seats is a lot to fill for a team thats not the pats or indy. i mean i could see it if they win an SB soon, but soon they will lose fans if they dont win a playoff game atleast.

Kansas City (Arrowhead)

Denver (Invesco... Mile high)

New York (Giants Stadium)

Green Bay (Lambeau)

Washington (Fedex)

Philly (Lincoln?)

New England (Gillette)

Seattle (Qwest)

Each of these stadiums are almost always packed to capacity and then some. A couple of them have huge waiting lists for season tickets. In Green Bay people put their newborn children on the list in hopes that the kids will one day be able to get tickets. And many of thoese stadiums are extremely loud; just like college stadiums. But "down south" college football is still king.

But the dome being so loud tonight shouldn't be a suprise to anyone. It was a nationally televised game to kickoff the season with two very high profile programs; each of which is less than 250 miles from the Georgia Dome.

Kansas City (Arrowhead)

Denver (Invesco... Mile high)

New York (Giants Stadium)

Green Bay (Lambeau)

Washington (Fedex)

Philly (Lincoln?)

New England (Gillette)

Seattle (Qwest)

Each of these stadiums are almost always packed to capacity and then some. A couple of them have huge waiting lists for season tickets. In Green Bay people put their newborn children on the list in hopes that the kids will one day be able to get tickets. And many of thoese stadiums are extremely loud; just like college stadiums. But "down south" college football is still king.

But the dome being so loud tonight shouldn't be a suprise to anyone. It was a nationally televised game to kickoff the season with two very high profile programs; each of which is less than 250 miles from the Georgia Dome.

Louder than the St. Louis playoff game? Or the Monday Night opener against the Eagles? I don't know about what it sounded like on TV but I was at both games and it was loud.

No way louder than the Monday Night opener with the Eagles (I was there, 15 Rows up behind the falcons bench, on the 25 yrd line). After the Mathis and Trotter fight, that place was nuts the entire night. A packed house of Falcons Fans wanting to see them destroy the iggles... Great Game.

I wasn't at the MNF game against the Eagles, but the playoff game against the Rams was the 2nd best football experience I ever had... and it's second to a college game. When Connor Barth kicked a GW FG for UNC as they beat #3 Miami. The reason that was so good though was because I was with a bunch of my friends and we ran out on the field together. If I could have run out on the field after the Rams game, I probably would put it about the Carolina game... but you don't exactly rush the field in NFL games. If you do, you get kicked out...