Who Should be our Starting MLB...

Lofton or Taylor @ MLB....  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the Birds Starting MLB?

• Curtis Lofton
    • Tony Taylor
    • Other

He isn't. I talked to the mod about that on the chart. and he said lofton will move up to 1st string come later this week when they talk to the coaches more than likely since he played in the final 2 games and played well. Lofton will start for us and be D rookie of the year ;)

Thankfully.

I love Lofton thought it was a good pick. I can't wait to see him in action this season. He was a hard hitter in college.

normally id say lofton, but since the lions pass A LOT, and taylor is the better coverage man, so im gonna go Taylor. i think with taylor and lofton we will go depending on the team or situation.

I agree with GF, wonder who the other one was?

TT for now, more experience with Defense better at Pass Coverage.

normally id say lofton, but since the lions pass A LOT, and taylor is the better coverage man, so im gonna go Taylor. i think with taylor and lofton we will go depending on the team or situation.

Yep, they will both be used i'm sure. Even though the lions pass a lot, it is imperative that we stop the run. If we don't stop the run early in this game, we will lose.

Yep, they will both be used i'm sure. Even though the lions pass a lot, it is imperative that we stop the run. If we don't stop the run early in this game, we will lose.

not against the loins. if it was another team id put him, but if its a pass heavy team like the lions or pats or indy, then i say taylor, since he has better coverage skills.

That's not the way the NFL works. The starter is the starter unless he gets hurt or his play declines.

I think thats how we will run it, since they are so close in talent. Lofton is a way better run stuffer, and against a team like the jags or titans he ill kill it, since they try and run it up the middle, then he will lay pipe, but a team like the lions will pass, so we need a guy who is better at coverage, which will help them, when they try and throw it up the middle. I think Taylor will start because of that, and its like that with some tiems. we have guys who are pure pass downs and some that are pure run downs. I think we will run it like that, and next year Taylor will take over MLB and lofton goes to SLB and nicholas goes to WLB, unless we resign boley, then Boley SLB lofton MLB and taylor and nicholas battle for WLB, which i think taylor will win, since at that position he had 96 tackles and 7 ints at UGA.

not against the loins. if it was another team id put him, but if its a pass heavy team like the lions or pats or indy, then i say taylor, since he has better coverage skills.

If we have to bring our safety's up to to the line to help stop the run, Roy WIlliams and Calvin Johnson will notch their first example of why they went to the pro bowl in 2008

That was Martz's lions team. This year's Lions are appearently **** bent on establishing the run first. I don't know why with their weapons at WR, but anyways. I think Lofton would be ideal to stick in there until the kitties abandon the run (which is said to happen rather quickly) and then let Taylor man the middle. Even though Lofton may start, I will not be surprized one bit if Taylor has more playing time.