DE Simon Fraser.. really?

xFalconLord

Please someone school me and tell me how sweet this guy is.. if you cant then please tell me we are going to sign someone soon and cut him. Simon freakin Fraser?? Something about the thought of Jamaal and Simon that makes me feel like were going to be terrible at LDE. Yes I know C. Davis will play there instead of Fraser but the depth says Jamaal and Simon --- eeek!!

How many times do we have to tell yall. WE ARE KEEPING PEOPLE WHO ARE VERSATILE. He can play both spots which is added bonus. It's all about keeping a player that can play well at 2 spots instead of 1 just in case you get injury's somewhere else you still have solid talent to feel in there. You want to know why the jags D is so **** good always. It's because injury's never get to them as most of their players can play multiple positions.

How many times do we have to tell yall. WE ARE KEEPING PEOPLE WHO ARE VERSATILE. He can play both spots which is added bonus. It's all about keeping a player that can play well at 2 spots instead of 1 just in case you get injury's somewhere else you still have solid talent to feel in there. You want to know why the jags D is so **** good always. It's because injury's never get to them as most of their players can play multiple positions.

I get what your saying, but whats wrong with the backups at DT and UT?? Your saying we need this guy to play DT or NT, yet we have BETTER backups already for those positions. AND, what kind of fear does Simon Fraser invoke in offensive coordinators minds? I think none. So JAX has a bunch of Simon Frasers backing up their DL and thats why their so good?

Busted logic, dont buy it. I think this guy got a free ride because he played in JAX and knows the defensive system our coaches use. That, and the lack of DE depth.

I get what your saying, but whats wrong with the backups at DT and UT?? Your saying we need this guy to play DT or NT, yet we have BETTER backups already for those positions. AND, what kind of fear does Simon Fraser invoke in offensive coordinators minds? I think none. So JAX has a bunch of Simon Frasers backing up their DL and thats why their so good?

Ok tell me this. Babs gets injured. That leaves you with Moorehead starting and no one behind him. But if you have frazer you still have extra depth to come in and give moorehead a rest still keeping the Dt spot somewhat fresh. Making moorehead better than he would be if he had to go the game all day long with no backups and keeping us a extra roster spot open for someone else that might be good we want to pickup. I don't get where your knocking frazer anyways he hasn't played bad. Who else on our roster can play 2 positions well enough that would keep a extra spot open somewhere else on the team.

falcon fan 13 got it right. hes versatile, good against the run too. hes got experience and he played with coach smith when he coached the jags. he was a no brainer to keep because of that versatility and because he already had a relationship with coach smith.

where you get that from? Fraser played with the Browns his whole career. He has never played for Coach Smith or the Jags.

where you get that from? Fraser played with the Browns his whole career. He has never played for Coach Smith or the Jags.

wow youre right! i just checked espn and nfl.com... how the he** did i make that up?? :blink: :unsure:

thanks for clearing that up, i must have confused him with someone else? i could have sworn he played in jacksonville last year... :ph34r:

Thanks for the insight. Was he drafted or UFA for Cleveland?

UDFA

Career

Has seen action in every game over the past three seasons while recording 54 tackles (28 solo), 4.5 sacks, four passes defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

Totaled 4.5 sacks in 2006, which ranked second on Cleveland’s defensive unit.

Go to Falcons website click on people then click on fraser for more details