• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree this is stupid that we are carrying dj on our active roster. its only going to cause the idiots to cause problems all year long. we dont need 3 active qb's on the active roster. Look at the giants. they just won the superbowl maybe we should take some cues from them. carrying only 2 qb's and didnt think twice about it prolly

Depth chart isn't out yet - DJ clearly outplayed Matty on Thursday - I bet the coaches are having second thoughts on naming Matty as the day 1 starter - Bet you DJ has earned that spot now - if not they are very close to considering a rotating QB system between Matty & DJ!!!!!!!

:lol: Sorry I had to before someone else did. :P

Depth chart isn't out yet - DJ clearly outplayed Matty on Thursday - I bet the coaches are having second thoughts on naming Matty as the day 1 starter - Bet you DJ has earned that spot now - if not they are very close to considering a rotating QB system between Matty & DJ!!!!!!!

:lol: Sorry I had to before someone else did. :P

Bruce, for a moment I thought you were serious...but since you're not, I will let you slide this time, hehe :lol:

Great. Matt Ryan now has to play flawlessly through all 16 games this year. Because if he makes even the slightest mistake, we all know what's comin'...

"Put in the backup, Coach Smith!"

And you can bet the farm they won't be referring to Redman. It's gonna be a long season...

Yeah. I wanted Shockley cut for that reason alone. This crap may be an argument for the Falcons to never draft UGA players ever again.

Great. Matt Ryan now has to play flawlessly through all 16 games this year. Because if he makes even the slightest mistake, we all know what's comin'...

And you can bet the farm they won't be referring to Redman. It's gonna be a long season...

If you are tired of hearing about it - why keep starting threads about it - obviously, you enjoy it - so just admit it. I don't get into too many of these threads - but it seems to me there are more "Oh no stop the DJ threads" than threads about starting DJ.

i agree this is stupid that we are carrying dj on our active roster. its only going to cause the idiots to cause problems all year long. we dont need 3 active qb's on the active roster. Look at the giants. they just won the superbowl maybe we should take some cues from them. carrying only 2 qb's and didnt think twice about it prolly

The 3rd QB doesn't count towards the active roster anyways. The rule is though, they can only come in if the other 2 QBs are hurt and if the 3rd QB comes in, then the other 2 QBs are not allowed to come in to the game. There is no dissadvantage to carrying 3 QBs.

The 3rd QB doesn't count towards the active roster anyways. The rule is though, they can only come in if the other 2 QBs are hurt and if the 3rd QB comes in, then the other 2 QBs are not allowed to come in to the game. There is no dissadvantage to carrying 3 QBs.

Actually the 3rd QB can come in at any time...it's just that once he is in, he can't be taken out absent injury.

I feel if the everyone is trying to stop the DJ fans for wanting him to do good. Then the ones who dont like him stop bringing it up. I just wonder what would happen or what they would say if he Shockley has to play and do well. what would the Shockley haters say then. Interesting thought. And I dont think anyone that loves Georgia think he should start because if that reason only. It maybe they know what he can do. But, I like the roster at QB that we have. I hope them all success.

You fanning the flames isn't exactly helping either.

***Shockley made the team....Shockley made the team....la-la-la-la....la......****** :lol:

From the Giants website:

The Giants might add a third quarterback either for the opening game or in the coming weeks.

“We’ll see how that goes,” Coughlin said. “Obviously, it’s a calculated risk. We studied all the numbers. There’s a 90 percent assurance you never get beyond the one (backup) quarterback. The thing about it is, with our kicker situation at this point in time, we felt like we needed to be able to protect some players and still be able to do the things necessary from the standpoint of placekickers.”

They didn't keep 3 QB's because their starting Kicker is hurt, so they signed a vet to be ready to kick game 1 if the starter isn't healthy.

Why start your moaning and groaning about something that hasn't even happened yet. You sound like the type of person who would be MAD that they had to pay taxes on winning the lotto.

What does the lotto have to do with that?

Am I moaning and groaning? I think people are fooling themselves if they can't see how this is going to turn out. First it was Harrington vs. Shockley all over the place. Next it will be Redman vs. Shockley or Ryan vs. Shockley. At least a #1 vs. #2 is tolerable. In this case, it's going to be ******** homerism all over the board.

You say it hasn't happened yet but some people here have already lobbied for Shockley over Redman and Ryan. Why? "potential". Or "we already know what we have with Redman and Ryan is a rookie, why not see what Shockley can do." Are you going to be there to say whoops when it infects the boards?

FYI: I don't play the lotto. When you have a better chance of being struck by lightning, you shouldn't piss money away. :shrug:

I feel if the everyone is trying to stop the DJ fans for wanting him to do good. Then the ones who dont like him stop bringing it up. I just wonder what would happen or what they would say if he Shockley has to play and do well. what would the Shockley haters say then. Interesting thought. And I dont think anyone that loves Georgia think he should start because if that reason only. It maybe they know what he can do. But, I like the roster at QB that we have. I hope them all success.

I can assure you that it wasn't the "DJ Haters" that initially brought the subject of Shockley up. According to some, he was already the best QB on the team back in OTAs. Now that he's actually made the team, I cringe to think what status he will be afforded by the members of the Cult of DJ. Best QB in the NFL? Wouldn't surprise me.

When you argue with idiots, people from a distance can't tell who is who... some food for thought! ;)